I see a pathway to the Rose Bowl in two weeks!

5,955 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Cal Strong!
ColoradoBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
kirklandblue said:

calgldnbear said:

If the Bears get to play in the Rose Bowl (the actual event not just the location), I am pretty sure there will be an onslaught of Cal fans trying to attend. Pretty much any Cal football fan stilll alive and kicking will be trying to attend. Myself included

- I am reluctant to even bring this up but I have also wondered what the process would be to allocate availability of tickets to a Rose Bowl for Cal fans knowing that demand would be unbelievable.

I have a great hook up through the University of Michigan...
Fyght4Cal
Grigsby said:

The thing is getting to the Rose Bowl is about winning the conference.

Getting there because the PAC-12 champion is playing in the playoff is different.
Not at age 57
Patience is a virtue, but I’m not into virtue signaling these days.
Bear19
Calcupcakes said:

Wazzu wins out and gets to Final Four.

We win out and get to 8-4. We would be ranked in the 20s and in front of both UW and Utah.

Rose Bowl can and will likely choose us to replace Wazzu.

I'm taking the entire family to Pasadena. Our office will close down that week because half of the staff will be gone.

Are you feeling me? Or am I just mad?
If this happens all of us will be at the Rose Bowl - a lifetime experience.

Sadly, the playoff committee is completely committed to making sure the SEC gets 1 or 2 slots, with the Big 10 as the next conf to get a slot. I doubt they've even seen WSU play this year. They have no chance to get into the playoff. So it will be the RB for them and some other Bowl for us.
KoreAmBear
ColoradoBear said:

kirklandblue said:

calgldnbear said:

If the Bears get to play in the Rose Bowl (the actual event not just the location), I am pretty sure there will be an onslaught of Cal fans trying to attend. Pretty much any Cal football fan stilll alive and kicking will be trying to attend. Myself included

- I am reluctant to even bring this up but I have also wondered what the process would be to allocate availability of tickets to a Rose Bowl for Cal fans knowing that demand would be unbelievable.

Was this from 2004? Bought my tix thru Michigan. Then sold them all.
sp4149
MTBear said:

TheFiatLux said:

MTBear said:

. That would mean we would have beaten all of the teams we hate the most in the PAC.
There was that little game against u....c... i can't even finish typing that out.

I know. That is why I said "the most." I have to say though that, except for recruiting competition and some coaching grievances down there, I've never really hated the other, very good, public university. It is Cal's job to better their play - recruiting, etc. so that we can look down at them from a sports perspective.
For several years I worked in the stadium as the visiting team custodian. Got to interact with a variety of visiting teams, UCLA, Stanford, USC, Da Raiders, Jets, Vikings, Ohio State w/Woody Hayes...
Grew up hating USC (passed on from my father), even considered UCLA as a second campus choice for college. However those visiting team locker room experiences firmly cemented UCLA as the most hated
Athletic Department I encountered; worse than SC in almost all detestable attributes.
RonO
KoreAmBear said:

ColoradoBear said:

kirklandblue said:

calgldnbear said:

Was this from 2004? Bought my tix thru Michigan. Then sold them all.
I got two through Michigan. Then about the 18th I had on a Cal shirt and was shopping and some guy stopped me and started, "you guys were screwed". Turns out he was Michigan, so I sold them to him at face. I've so repressed the whole thing, I don't even remember who won. I hope it was the Blue.
MTBear
sp4149 said:

MTBear said:

TheFiatLux said:

MTBear said:

. That would mean we would have beaten all of the teams we hate the most in the PAC.
There was that little game against u....c... i can't even finish typing that out.

I know. That is why I said "the most." I have to say though that, except for recruiting competition and some coaching grievances down there, I've never really hated the other, very good, public university. It is Cal's job to better their play - recruiting, etc. so that we can look down at them from a sports perspective.
For several years I worked in the stadium as the visiting team custodian. Got to interact with a variety of visiting teams, UCLA, Stanford, USC, Da Raiders, Jets, Vikings, Ohio State w/Woody Hayes...
Grew up hating USC (passed on from my father), even considered UCLA as a second campus choice for college. However those visiting team locker room experiences firmly cemented UCLA as the most hated
Athletic Department I encountered; worse than SC in almost all detestable attributes.
That is a perspective that not many would know. Too bad. That kind of thing can show the essence of parental (and coaching) upbringing.
KenBurnski
Was it like this:

Cal Strong!
socaltownie said:

Lol. If the bears go to the rose bowl for new years, I will be there, my wife will be there, my kids will be there, and i am digging up my dad, creating his body and bringing the ashes so he can be there. Will start as a cry like a baby watching the bears match down Colorado blvd.
TribeStrong would fly in from Sydney. That would be an additional 28 hour round-trip just after the first leg of a 46-hour Cairo-to-Sydney trip . . . with a newborn. No matter. TribeStrong book it.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.