Let's Pick the Pac-12 Games: Week 13

16 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by dajo9
UrsusTexicanus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I slipped to 2-3 last week, (and never did get the point spread against AQI, so that doesn't count), bringing my season total down to an even more embarrassing 33-39-1. Here's the link to last week, https://bearinsider.com/forums/2/topics/84495
Home team as always in italics.

Cal 11.5 over Colorado: Quite a spread considering the Bears have averaged only a bit over 13 points over the last three games. Regardless, which Ralphie will show up, the one meekly waiting to become bison burger, or the one ready for one last stampede? Going out on a limb and taking Cal to be hungry for bison BBQ and cover the spread.

Rubber Duckies 14.5 over River Rats: Expect this to be a shootout. Also expect the Quackers to cover.

Wazzoo 3 over Mutts: Puddytats snarl and pounce on the butt sniffers. No coogin it as the Pirate covers.

Mormon Marauders 13.5 over BYU: Epic battle of the missionaries. Those polite, clean cut young men bring down fire and brimstone while smiting each other to kingdom come. But when the smoke clears, the holy young men of the Pac-12 realize this spread is too high and will not be covered.

Furd 5.5 over bRuins: Expecting a letdown by baby bears after beating Toejams. Furd to cover.

Spawn of Satan 2 over Mildcats: Kittens still shell shocked from being used like catnip mice by the Cougs. Devil's Rejects cover.

Notre Dame 9.5 over USC: First half, Notre Dame kicks SUC's butt. Third quarter, Notre Dame sends in Trappist Monks who kick SUC's butt. Fourth Quarter, ND sends in Sisters of Mercy, who show none while kicking SUC's butt. Then the SUC guy wearing a skirt finds his sword rammed up his ... you get the picture. Notre Dame covers.

chalcidbear
Last week was a great success for me ... I went 3-2 (well, compared to my other recent speculations), so I'm now at 32-40-1 for the season. Theoretically, I can still break .500 for the season, but I'm not optimistic. Nevertheless, I battle on:

Colorado @ Cal: Sorry I don't see us scoring over 10 points more than our opponent. I do think Cal will win, but we won't cover, so I'm betting Buffs.

Oregon @ OSU: Ducks have a great 1st half, and Beavers have moderate success in the second half, but not enough to cover the spread, has me betting on Oregon.

Washington @ Huskies: I've been betting on the Cougs all season long, and am at 7-2 just for those contests, so I have no reason so change that now. WSU to win and cover.

BYU @ Utah: The Utes backups now have some playing time under their belt, so I think they cover the spread.

Stanford @ UCLA: The Trojans simply stunk up their game against the Bruins, and still hung around, I think Stanford gets healthy after their bye and easily cover.

ASU @ Arizona: I'm not sure what happened to ASU this weekend - they just couldn't get anything going. But I think the Sun Devils turn it around over the 'Cats.

Notre Dame @ USC: Irish.
hanky1
Cal does not have a good history playing teams in the midst of a coaching change.
oskidunker
Or after a bye.
Go Bears!
wifeisafurd
UrsusTexicanus said:

I slipped to 2-3 last week, (and never did get the point spread against AQI, so that doesn't count), bringing my season total down to an even more embarrassing 33-39-1. Here's the link to last week, https://bearinsider.com/forums/2/topics/84495

Cal 11.5 over Colorado: Quite a spread considering the Bears have averaged only a bit over 13 points over the last three games. Regardless, which Ralphie will show up, the one meekly waiting to become bison burger, or the one ready for one last stampede? Going out on a limb and taking Cal to be hungry for bison BBQ and cover the spread.

Rubber Duckies 14.5 over River Rats: Expect this to be a shootout. Also expect the Quackers to cover.

Wazzoo 3 over Mutts: Puddytats snarl and pounce on the butt sniffers. No coogin it as the Pirate covers.

Mormon Marauders 13.5 over BYU: Epic battle of the missionaries. Those polite, clean cut young men bring down fire and brimstone while smiting each other to kingdom come. But when the smoke clears, the holy young men of the Pac-12 realize this spread is too high and will not be covered.

Furd 5.5 over bRuins: Expecting a letdown by baby bears after beating Toejams. Furd to cover.

Spawn of Satan 2 over Mildcats: Kittens still shell shocked from being used like catnip mice by the Cougs. Devil's Rejects cover.

Notre Dame 9.5 over USC: First half, Notre Dame kicks SUC's butt. Third quarter, Notre Dame sends in Trappist Monks who kick SUC's butt. Fourth Quarter, ND sends in Sisters of Mercy, who show none while kicking SUC's butt. Then the SUC guy wearing a skirt finds his sword rammed up his ... you get the picture. Notre Dame covers.

3-2 and exactly at break even.

Ducks
WSU
BYU (though Utah wins)
Furd (I'm assuming they are now healthy and unlike SUC can stop top the run)
Domers (find it hard to believe ND is only a one digit favorite).

I'm not sure what to think about cal with such a large point spread. Can they practice in the smoke? Is Colorado's starting QB playing? I'm waiting to make up mind. I think Cal wins, but other than the pathetic Beavs, when is the last time Cal beat a D1 team by more than 11? (answer WSU, and only WSU last year). Is the game even in at Memorial? Will have my answer later this week.
71Bear
wifeisafurd said:

UrsusTexicanus said:

3-2 and exactly at break even.

Ducks
WSU
BYU (though Utah wins)
Furd (I'm assuming they are now healthy and unlike SUC can stop top the run)
Domers (find it hard to believe ND is only a one digit favorite).

I'm not sure what to think about cal with such a large point spread. Can they practice in the smoke? Is Colorado's starting QB playing? I'm waiting to make up mind. I think Cal wins, but other than the pathetic Beavs, when is the last time Cal beat a D1 team by more than 11? (answer WSU, and only WSU last year). Is the game even in at Memorial? Will have my answer later this week.
The rain that is coming on Wednesday (100% chance) will do much to mitigate the smoke. In addition, another storm is due on Friday (90% chance)
FloriDreaming
UrsusTexicanus said:

Can't see Cal beating that spread. CU and points, Cal for a close win.

OSU and points.

WSU - heart and head pick Cougars

Utah

UCLA - heart over head

UofA

Notre Dame
wifeisafurd
I saw all the comments about why Cal should not cover, I know the Cal offense sucks, the field will be wet, and I'm a Cal fan so I expect the worse. But I'm under 500% so I'm going against what seems right, picking Cal and giving points.
heartofthebear
UrsusTexicanus said:

Now 28-38-1 on the year and here are my picks:

Colorado will be motivated and they are getting healthy. Cal wins by 10.
This game will be surprisingly close for a while but Oregon pulls away at the end.
This is where we are finally convinced that WSU is really good.
Even when BYU was the better program, Utah often won.
Stanford is getting healthy while UCLA continues to be injury ridden. But UCLA has been unpredictable all year and will win outright on Saturday.
The battle in the desert involved two teams that don't make sense, although ASU has been more consistent. But I am going to take Arizona because the Cats know how to win in Tucson.
wifeisafurd
wifeisafurd said:

I saw all the comments about why Cal should not cover, I know the Cal offense sucks, the field will be wet, and I'm a Cal fan so I expect the worse. But I'm under 500% so I'm going against what seems right, picking Cal and giving points.
Also forget ASU/UofA. Taking UofA.
dajo9
oskidunker said:

Or after a bye.

Or without a bye
American Vermin
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.