Colorado +10.5 @ Cal

5,400 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by PtownBear1
Cal84
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Well, we get respect from the bookies at least.... some other thought provoking lines:

USC +8 @ ND Not a big spread...

Furd -5.5 @ UCLA

BYU +13.5 @ Utah Dayum!

Mich -3.5 @ Ohio State This seems low to me...

SJSU +31.5 @ Fresno State LOL

UW -3 @ Wazzu !!!!
KenBurnski
Wazzu and ND spreads both seem janky. Too low.
tydog
USC game is in LA. But I agree, way too low.
ducky23
Agreed. You would think ND would be bigger favorites than us.

Whenever cal is favored by double digits, I get very nervous.
westcoast101
KenBurnski said:

Wazzu and ND spreads both seem janky. Too low.

If you look "power ratings" like Sagarin or FPI (for whatever they're worth), they have U Dub ranked higher than Wazzu.
westcoast101
Our line certainly seems high. I would have guessed it would be around -7 or so. I'm wondering if Montez misses this one, or maybe the bookmakers think that Colorado has packed it in.
ColoradoBear
Oregon State put up 41 on Colorado when they were still trying.

Our offense better have a decent day vs CU.
Sebastabear
westcoast101 said:

Our line certainly seems high. I would have guessed it would be around -7 or so. I'm wondering if Montez misses this one, or maybe the bookmakers think that Colorado has packed it in.

Given how Montez came off the field in the Utah game I'd be shocked if he could play us. Honestly I don't care if CU has to trot their water girl out there. I just want the win.
Sebastabear
Cal84 said:

Well, we get respect from the bookies at least.... some other thought provoking lines:

Furd -5.5 @ UCLA

BYU +13.5 @ Utah Dayum!

UW -3 @ Wazzu !!!!
What does Vegas know that I don't? All of these lines look off to me.

Answer of course is "a lot."
Big C
Let's say we hold the Buffs to one field goal, total. I think right now, we'd take that in a heartbeat, right?

Well, if we let them get three points, then we would have to score TWO TOUCHDOWNS in order to beat the spread. Is that possible?!? I'm taking Cal to win, but CU to beat the sp...

Wait, what if OUR DEFENSE gets a safety, a scoop six and a pick six! That's sixteen right there, plus, if our offense scores a TD...

Okay, I get it!
JSC 76
Vegas is on crack. When was the last time the Bears were favored by 2 TD's over a P5 opponent?

I mean, this team has trouble scoring 11.5 points! We have to hold the Buffs to negative points?
Bear_Territory
Haven't paid attention to Colorado this year. We got dominated by the Buffs last year. So I'm assuming it's a very different team now?
Sebastabear
Bear_Territory said:

Haven't paid attention to Colorado this year. We got dominated by the Buffs last year. So I'm assuming it's a very different team now?
Yeah, you could say that.
Bear8
Re: W vs. WSU, maybe Vegas is saying the QB's offset one another and therefore its' the running game with Miles Gaskin returning and the Husky D that makes the difference?

I'm most interested in the Bruin vs. Furd game. Can both teams lose? Hope the Bruins take it to them physically and knock Costello, JJ and Love around. I'm not rooting for the Chipster to win, nor am I liking Shaw. It's a tough one when it comes to choosing which to hate more.
StillNoStanfurdium
Bear_Territory said:

To me all you need to know about their season is that they started out 5-0 before dropping every subsequent game which included blowing a 31-3 lead over Oregon State in the 3rd quarter to lose 41-34 in OT.

By comparison, the offense-less Bears put up 49 on the Beavers and won 49-7.
evanluck
All this Bear Fan self loathing and hand wringing makes me feel kind of sick.

We are at home coming off an extra week of rest.

We'll get at least one of our key receivers back and the offense will look good. We'll stretch the D enough to keep reasonable number of guys out of the box and Laird and company will have success running the ball. I predict the offense scores 3 touchdowns at least against Colorado.

We want the team to be good no? We want to dominate weaker teams in our conference especially at home right? Why should we, as fans, disagree with a professional bookmaker who says we'll will by double digits.

Being really intelligent only serves to only make you miserable unless you can direct that analytical horsepower in a direction that serves you. Constantly focusing on ways that something you want to happen will not happen does not serve you. If that's what you use your big Cal curated brains for, change and develop a different habit!

Go Bears! Time to roll from a Thanksgiving Feast into a grass-fed Bison banquet!!

Life is better when the Bears win!
calgldnbear
Bear8 said:

Re: W vs. WSU, maybe Vegas is saying the QB's offset one another and therefore its' the running game with Miles Gaskin returning and the Husky D that makes the difference?

I'm most interested in the Bruin vs. Furd game. Can both teams lose? Hope the Bruins take it to them physically and knock Costello, JJ and Love around. I'm not rooting for the Chipster to win, nor am I liking Shaw. It's a tough one when it comes to choosing which to hate more.

Root for the possibility of a Giant sinkhole....
Another Bear
Frankly who cares about the betting line. It's made up to foster more wagering. Just win...screw the spread.

That said, the spread is high to get more wagers but it's also angling at CU firing Mac and it being a road game. This doesn't make the spread better but I'm sure many are following that logic.

So is there an interim HC or is Mac showing up? Either way, could be dicey. CU could rally behind Mac or the interim. I don't think this will be the case but weirder things have happened.
LACalFan
Cal84 said:

Furd -5.5 @ UCLA

BYU +13.5 @ Utah Dayum!

UW -3 @ Wazzu !!!!
I'll actually be rooting for $C, a 1st for me. I really want Helton to keep his job.
ducky23
LACalFan said:

Cal84 said:

Furd -5.5 @ UCLA

BYU +13.5 @ Utah Dayum!

UW -3 @ Wazzu !!!!
I'll actually be rooting for $C, a 1st for me. I really want Helton to keep his job.
that's fine. but just keep in mind that SC winning could really screw Cal over with bowl positioning.
Big C
Another Bear said:

Frankly who cares about the betting line. It's made up to foster more wagering. Just win...screw the spread.

That said, the spread is high to get more wagers but it's also angling at CU firing Mac and it being a road game. This doesn't make the spread better but I'm sure many are following that logic.

So is there an interim HC or is Mac showing up? Either way, could be dicey. CU could rally behind Mac or the interim. I don't think this will be the case but weirder things have happened.
Mac has cleaned out his desk. The interim guy, their QB coach, was being interviewed on Pac 12 Network last night. First impressions can be deceiving, but the guy ain't no Knute Rockne. Still, ya never know how this will affect a team.
PtownBear1
Cal84 said:

Furd -5.5 @ UCLA

BYU +13.5 @ Utah Dayum!

UW -3 @ Wazzu !!!!
The last line is incorrect, WSU is favored by 3 not UW. Which makes sense given they're at home. I could easily see this game going either way. WSU is the better team overall but they could easily Coug it. They certainly tried to do so against us.
TheSouseFamily
Mac's got a kid on the team playing WR which always adds an interesting dimension. I'd expect him to play since CU is short-handed st WR with their injuries and the kid's experience is always somewhat separate from the father's. If memory serves, Jerry Neiheisel stuck around too after his dad's mid-season firing. Heck, he's still around.
LACalFan
ducky23 said:

LACalFan said:

Cal84 said:

Furd -5.5 @ UCLA

BYU +13.5 @ Utah Dayum!

UW -3 @ Wazzu !!!!
that's fine. but just keep in mind that SC winning could really screw Cal over with bowl positioning.
Good point. I might have to change my position on that.
calgldnbear
Big C said:

Mac has cleaned out his desk

Did Mac take the picture of the Buffalo heading into the storm with him???
Big C
calgldnbear said:

Big C said:

Mac has cleaned out his desk

Did Mac take the picture of the Buffalo heading into the storm with him???
You might be confusing me with the guy that walked him out of the building.
Trumpanzee
Favored by 10.5 where the hell are we going to find this offense? Is De La Salle traveling with us.....
oskidunker
We are not traveling. Game is at home
Go Bears!
Trumpanzee
Then the boys at DLS wont have far to travel....
TouchedTheAxeIn82
LACalFan said:

ducky23 said:

LACalFan said:

Nooo, ND out of the playoffs and Helton keeping his job are two good reasons to root for SC.
PtownBear1
TouchedTheAxeIn82 said:

LACalFan said:

ducky23 said:

LACalFan said:

Nooo, ND out of the playoffs and Helton keeping his job are two good reasons to root for SC.

Yup. I'm not sure it would affect bowl positioning as SC will have 6 wins at most and we better freaking have at least 7.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.