Goff TD pass

7,078 Views | 56 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by okaydo
okaydo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearister said:

How did the Rams go from the bottom of the league to the top in 2 years? Mark Davis and Jed York asked me to pose that question.

Goff's rookie year OC had approximately 4 games experience as an NFL OC. He had never been a QB coach, either.

Goof's rookie year QB coach, Chris Weineke, is a d*ck with only 1 year experience as an NFL QB coach.

Contrast that with Carson Wentz. Head coach Doug Pederson, offensive coordinator Frank Reich and QB coach John DeFillipo had a combined 17 years experience working as either a QB coach or an offensive coordinator. Yet Wentz gets all the credit.

Meanwhile. Frank Reich is saving Andrew Luck's career around in Indy.
TheSouseFamily
bearister said:

Goff nails it in closing comments. Makes Cal proud.

He sure did. He couldn't have written it any better.
prospeCt
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/other-sports/american-sports/jared-goff-become-leader-los-13616529

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/other-sports/american-sports/meet-patrick-mahomes-high-school-13614635
hanky1
bearister said:

How did the Rams go from the bottom of the league to the top in 2 years? Mark Davis and Jed York asked me to pose that question.

Sortof like the Cal D under Wilcox
cal83dls79
Part of me is glad I wasn't on this board for Jared's nfl intro. I always knew he was a stud and such a great Bear. When he was at school he would always go to the basketball games and hang out and have fun with his buddies.
Priest of the Patty Hearst Shrine
heartofthebear
ducky23 said:

While watching the rams at a sold out coliseum, I have a random question

How do you think the success of the rams (and chargers I guess) effect the popularity of usc football?

Back in the Pete Carroll days, sc was the only show in town. Will Ferrell and snoop would go to practices. You know stuff like that.

I know that sc isn't winning right now. But I feel like even if they were, they still wouldn't be as big as they used to be.

So how does that affect their recruiting, especially among the SoCal kids. Any affect at all?
I heard that attendance was down for USC games even prior to their steady collapse this year. Some experts (ESPN) have speculated that the Rams etc. are the reason.
bear2034
Andy Reid yelling at Goff. You can read his lips.

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/for-petes-sake/article221904320.html
FloriDreaming
TheSouseFamily said:

bearister said:

Goff nails it in closing comments. Makes Cal proud.

He sure did. He couldn't have written it any better.

The beginning of Goff's NFL HOF highlight show. The signature comeback win and the perfect comments after. Brilliant. Go Goff! Go Rams! Go Bears!!
HungryCalBear
bearister said:

Tell them the 49ers and Raiders need new owners.
okaydo
Beau Baldwin must've been proud to see one of his former players score 2 TDS.
okaydo
okaydo
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000990563/article/rams-jared-goff-bests-chiefs-patrick-mahomes-in-epic-duel

packawana
Which again baffles me how our O isn't performing better. He managed to get NFL talent on both sides at EWU of all places for chrissakes.
bearister
oskirules said:

Andy Reid yelling at Goff. You can read his lips.

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/for-petes-sake/article221904320.html

"As Chiefs coach Andy Reid was trying to explain to the referees why he was challenging the play, Rams quarterback Jared Goff walked by and Reid had harsh words for him......to which Goff responded, "You were the goofiest looking 13 year old I have ever seen."

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
golden sloth
Frankly, it is pretty pathetic if Andy Reid was talking trash to the Rams players. It is one thing for the players when they are locked into their one on one matchups, but if you are the coach, more is expected from you. You are expected to be focused on strategy and on the game, not getting lost in a bit of back and forth with opposing players. If that were my coach, I'd be embarrassed, and I'm surprised he hasn't received more flack nationally. I'd also like to note there is a difference between working the ref and talking with opposing players.
Another Bear
okaydo said:

Beau Baldwin must've been proud to see one of his former players score 2 TDS.
#50 came up big. He was freakin' everywhere. EWU and Baldwin had some talent.

Rams defense only going to get better, DB Aqib Talib still out.

Fun game to watch but man it gave me that quesey feeling like a Dykes roller coaster game.
YamhillBear
golden sloth said:

Frankly, it is pretty pathetic if Andy Reid was talking trash to the Rams players. It is one thing for the players when they are locked into their one on one matchups, but if you are the coach, more is expected from you. You are expected to be focused on strategy and on the game, not getting lost in a bit of back and forth with opposing players. If that were my coach, I'd be embarrassed, and I'm surprised he hasn't received more flack nationally. I'd also like to note there is a difference between working the ref and talking with opposing players.
You should've heard what he said at age 13 to the little tiny kids behind him in line
bearister
YamhillBear said:

golden sloth said:

You should've heard what he said at age 13 to the little tiny kids behind him in line

Apparently stadium security at the time found all of the other competitors' milk money in Andy's ample pockets.
tenplay
bluehenbear said:

You have gurley. Why are you not running??

Gurley has injured being tackled as he went out of bounds in the very first series of the game. Although he tried to play later in the game, the Rams decided to not risk further injury by riding the passing attack the rest of the way. Backup RB Brown got more carries than usual.
burritos
I bet more QB's wish they had small Goff hands.
bearister
This Bears vs Lions game is really giving the Rams vs Chiefs game a run for its money.
bonsallbear
bearister said:

This Bears vs Lions game is really giving the Rams vs Chiefs game a run for its money.
Seriously ?
okaydo

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.