Fresno and Tedford 5 point favorites

9,132 Views | 72 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by bluehenbear
RonO
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Fresno and Tedford are 5 point favorites over ASU tomorrow. Can anyone handy with this kind of stuff tell me what Jeff's record against ASU was?
LunchTime
He blanked em once. Lost to them twice, including his last year. Missed one year I think.

Otherwise he consistently beat them.
UrsusTexicanus
LunchTime is right. Tedford was 8-2 against ASU.
Cal84
That will be an interesting game. Both teams are mild recruiting rivals, so that's a wash. Will probably be rooting for Hermie, on the basis of conference reputational considerations. Sorry Teddie, woulda been rooting for you if you had been playing SuC, but since you get 3 looks at them in the next few years, you'll get your chances.
AEM80
I'll be rooting for Fresno. At this point I could care less about conference reputation. We're recruiting against ASU. Hope they look like crap.
71Bear
Cal84 said:

That will be an interesting game. Both teams are mild recruiting rivals, so that's a wash. Will probably be rooting for Hermie, on the basis of conference reputational considerations. Sorry Teddie, woulda been rooting for you if you had been playing SuC, but since you get 3 looks at them in the next few years, you'll get your chances.
Go 'Dogs...

I root against every P12 team because they are Cal's recruiting rivals. Last year's bowl results were a dream. Hopefully, this year will match those outcomes (with the one win for the conference coming in the Cheesy Bowl).
okaydo
I was thinking, "didn't Tedford invite Herm to speak to the football team?" Then I remembered it was his successor.
FloriDreaming
AEM80 said:

I'll be rooting for Fresno. At this point I could care less about conference reputation. We're recruiting against ASU. Hope they look like crap.
Yep. Go Fighting Tedfords!
Not that I'll bother to actually watch the game, but I'm marginally less indifferent toward FSU.
upsetof86
Tedford and Fresno State here no question. I want to see him rack up 12 wins. He's already bested the conference king of the past, Boise. Dude is on a roll. God forbid he actually get better players.
Cal84
Yeah, see that's the thing. He'll start recruiting 3 stars from across the state and thus he's as much of a recruiting rival as ASU.
72CalBear
I hope the Bulldogs and JT win big and roll into the season opener with attitude at USC on August 31..
Big Dog
Fighting Tedfords all the way. ASU doesn't belong in the Pac-8/10.
okaydo
I can't believe all y'all are rooting for a Cal football player alum to lose.
dajo9
The 2006 game against ASU is one of my favorites of the Tedford era. We had just been beaten by Tennessee and we weren't sure what our team was. Then we went out and blew out ASU and things looked good again.
American Vermin
71Bear
Cal84 said:

Yeah, see that's the thing. He'll start recruiting 3 stars from across the state and thus he's as much of a recruiting rival as ASU.
Regardless of how many wins Fresno rings up, they cannot realistically compete consistently for recruits against P5 teams...
Yogi58
71Bear said:

Cal84 said:

Regardless of how many wins Fresno rings up, they cannot realistically compete consistently for recruits against P5 teams...
They're no Boise State
upsetof86
Yeah he will just keep finding talent like their current qb Oregon State transfer Mcmaryion and make them into top 5 qb talent in the group of 5... 69.5% completion 25 TDs 3 INTs
TouchedTheAxeIn82
While I'm not quite as down on Baldwin as many others here are, right now I think guys like McMaryion would rather transfer to FSU to play under Tedford than come to Cal. If Modster turns out to be a good QB, then there will be hope that good QBs will find Cal a good place to go. If QB play doesn't improve significantly next year, Baldwin may be an anchor weighing down the program.
kjkbear
I like Herm Edwards. I really like Tedford. Hope the dogs win by at least 10. Our conference is awful. Go Bears. But only the Bears.
bearsandgiants
This is some really good football. Crisp offense. Fun to watch. Kind of jealous
hanky1
Fresno St would give everyone in the PAC problems.
hanky1
ASU is in this game solely because of Eno's wizardry. That guy is really good.
KenBurnski
Yeah he's shifty, strong and fast.
oski003
hanky1 said:

Fresno St would give everyone in the PAC problems.

The type of problems that would make them tied with a mediocre Pac 12 team on a neutral field at half time?
TouchedTheAxeIn82
FSU pulled an Oregon '07
upsetof86
TouchedTheAxeIn82 said:

FSU pulled an Oregon '07

Too many TOs for the bulldogs. Trying to make too much happen . but I see the passion and preparation. Its fum to watch. Herm has done a good job with discipline and balance and in game coaching. I'm really enjoying the game. That Rivers kid is making everyone forget about Benjamin for the Devil's
TouchedTheAxeIn82
Fresno would be killing them if it weren't for the rash of turnovers.

McMaryion looks terrible. Aside from 2 INTs, his long ball has been terrible.

But the FSU defense is totally legit.
upsetof86
Oh my gawd beautiful shift to disguise teb slip screen to TE. Oh Tedford I miss ye. If only we could combine a JW, TD and someone like JT at OC.
TouchedTheAxeIn82
The play that resulted in the touchback was really nicely designed as well.
upsetof86
TouchedTheAxeIn82 said:

The play that resulted in the touchback was really nicely designed as well.

Yes another great example of play design. Rivers was totally free with his shot at the goal line. We were spoiled by these play designs. Makes above avg talent look superior.
upsetof86
TD and 4 min off the clock ends this game
upsetof86
Heck yeah. TD . Herbie says this OL gets stronger in the second half opening the run game. ...just like the ole Cal days with us. Damn straight. This is catharsis.
TouchedTheAxeIn82
Congrats to Jeff Tedford on a 12-win season.
71Bear
upsetof86 said:

Heck yeah. TD . Herbie says this OL gets stronger in the second half opening the run game. ...just like the ole Cal days with us. Damn straight. This is catharsis.
Yep. From what I saw today, JT has not changed his offensive philosophy much. Good for him. I love seeing other P12 teams go down. Well done, Jeff!
upsetof86
JT was tearing up in the post game. I don't blame him so was I. Record 12 wins and beat a classy guy in Herm. It was poetic. I grew up in Fresno. I followed JT when he was a player. I am so happy for him. Full circle moment. You are looking at a self made stud right there. Downey CA raised by a single mom. A nothing.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.