The Zach Kline Band

4,102 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by cal83dls79
Cal89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I sometimes make it a point to do a "where are they now" Google search on some of our past players and found this released yesterday...

https://globalnews.ca/news/4824468/edmonton-eskimos-qb-blues-music/

I recall his interest in singing and music, guitar in particular while at Cal, and he clearly still has it in him.
concernedparent
Love this kid. About as west coast as they come. Can anyone enjoy life more than him?
dajo9
concernedparent said:

Love this kid. About as west coast as they come. Can anyone enjoy life more than him?
Jared Goff
TheSouseFamily
I like his Coors shirt. Old school.
TheFiatLux
concernedparent said:

He's always been a favorite of mine, since he threw that first TD at the 2012 Spring game in front of a huge crowd at Edwards (ah those were the days) and simply joyfully bounded down the field to high-five the receiver!!!

Do I have pics, of course i have pics!!!

Crowd at that Spring Game

Later that night at the Gala for Memorial... gawd he was just a kid!

I'm searching for the video of the TD....
okaydo
There's a Saints player named Zach Line..

And Ialways think of Zach Kline whenever announcers say his name.

I wonder what other guitars Zach has.
Cal89
TheFiatLux said:

concernedparent said:

He's always been a favorite of mine, since he threw that first TD at the 2012 Spring game in front of a huge crowd at Edwards (ah those were the days) and simply joyfully bounded down the field to high-five the receiver!!!

Please find it. Was there too... Right side line as I recall.

Met him for the first time afterwards and got a photo with him holding our 3 year old. I shared that photo with him a year or so back actually...

Then the Spring game in 2016. He lit it up, something like 12 for 12. I recall a deep TD, I believe to Stovall.

Following his heart and what he loves... Some might say he refuses to grow-up though!

EDIT/ADD:

Looks like Kline chose to leave football...

http://www.esksfans.com/forum/showthread.php?32382-If-Reilly-Leaves&p=858152#post858152
TheFiatLux
Cal89 said:

TheFiatLux said:

concernedparent said:

Please find it. Was there too... Right side line as I recall.

Met him for the first time afterwards and got a photo with him holding our 3 year old. I shared that photo with him a year or so back actually...

Then the Spring game in 2016. He lit it up, something like 12 for 12. I recall a deep TD, I believe to Stovall.

Following his heart and what he loves... Some might say he refuses to grow-up though!

EDIT/ADD:

Looks like Kline chose to leave football...

http://www.esksfans.com/forum/showthread.php?32382-If-Reilly-Leaves&p=858152#post858152

I think this is it, at :27 except you don't see him joyously bounding down the field (this site doesn't let me embed the youtube link at the exact moment)

Cal89
Yup, pretty sure that's it. Nice find.
SmellinRoses
Cool. Good for Zach. Reminds of "Loggy."
DavisBear
Very cool! What ever happened to Loggy?
Cal89
DavisBear said:

Very cool! What ever happened to Loggy?
Funny, I had checked on him a couple times, and didn't find much the past couple of years... The reality show "Coupled" lasted just one season.

TouchedTheAxeIn82
TheFiatLux said:

concernedparent said:

I got your back:

Cal89
And with bonus coverage of the CMS remodel.
LunchTime
TheFiatLux said:

concernedparent said:

That spring game was an amazing, almost big time atmosphere. Really huge for this area. Lynch, a good game, a huge crowd. Excitement for the new QBs and big recruiting class.

And then we won 3 damn games. Including losing to a no-kap Nevada to open our new stadium.

I mean we all claimed we lost to Nevada in Reno because of Kaps running and ****, but he wasn't there when memorial opened.

Oddly enough, I took a co-worker who came in from London to a game... The UCLA game. That was a hell of a introduction to college football. Still amazed how well that worked out.

TheFiatLux
how did you get it to embed at the time? everytime i do that it show invalid url?
TheFiatLux
LunchTime said:

TheFiatLux said:

concernedparent said:

That spring game was an amazing, almost big time atmosphere. Really huge for this area. Lynch, a good game, a huge crowd. Excitement for the new QBs and big recruiting class.

And then we won 3 damn games. Including losing to a no-kap Nevada to open our new stadium.

I mean we all claimed we lost to Nevada in Reno because of Kaps running and ****, but he wasn't there when memorial opened.

Oddly enough, I took a co-worker who came in from London to a game... The UCLA game. That was a hell of a introduction to college football. Still amazed how well that worked out.

You know there was so much fan interaction stuff too for that game.

There was a pie eating contest between the players and fans after, which, i don't know, is just sort of charming and fun.

Fans sent in plays and one was chosen and that fan got to go on the field while the play was being run. I'm pretty sure it turned into a touchdown.

You're right, it was a great event.

The gala at Memorial that night was awesome. Give that it's 7 years old i don't think the folks here will mind if i link to the write-up I did for it for another site.

The women's huddles were awesome.

We really need to get that sense of fun back.

TouchedTheAxeIn82
TheFiatLux said:

how did you get it to embed at the time? everytime i do that it show invalid url?
I entered the URL in this format:

(YouTube URL)/watch?v=WfvaWemVvT8&t=68s

I just added &t=68s to specify the start time in seconds.

okaydo
Man, I keep clicking on this thread hoping it would be about guitars and music.

Instead it's devolved into a discussion of cal football. Sigh.
Fyght4Cal
Nice story. Loved the she kept saying, "...in oour city."
Patience is a virtue, but I’m not into virtue signaling these days.
Radical Bear
Very cool to see but he needs to loose that hat. You need to earn your stripes before you can wear a hat like that.
cal83dls79
Radical Bear said:

Very cool to see but he needs to loose that hat. You need to earn your stripes before you can wear a hat like that.
to his credit, he did get a free bowl of soup with it. Plenty of tats in Danville these days. Fun story.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.