QB transfer??

3,061 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by calgo430
clawman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2019/jan/10/sources-eastern-washington-quarterback-gage-gubrud/
packawana
This would be very interesting. If BB stayed and he were to win out, that would have to take the quarterback efficacy factor of the equation with our offense.
oskibear1988
It says nothing about Cal in that article.
PtownBear1
I hope he doesn't get that 6th year and transfer to WSU as expected in the article. Minshew hadn't accomplished much and Leach turned him into a stud. Can't imagine what he would do with this kid.
ColoradoBear
PtownBear1 said:

I hope he doesn't get that 6th year and transfer to WSU as expected in the article. Minshew hadn't accomplished much and Leach turned him into a stud. Can't imagine what he would do with this kid.

Given how the PAC 12 is perceived these days, I'm not sure we want to root against WSU. (I see they play an OOC game @ Houston next September).

Cal was in the game til the end this year, I'd hope the same for next year with our defense. Upgrade the offense and then it's a different story.
PtownBear1
ColoradoBear said:

PtownBear1 said:

Given how the PAC 12 is perceived these days, I'm not sure we want to root against WSU. (I see they play an OOC game @ Houston next September).

Cal was in the game til the end this year, I'd hope the same for next year with our defense. Upgrade the offense and then it's a different story.
Meh. Perception of the league matters when you're UW, SC, OU, etc. and typically in the conversation for rankings and playoffs. I just want to see Cal win the P12 for the first time in freaking 60 years. If that means it's because the league sucks, I will happily take it.
KoreAmBear
ColoradoBear said:

PtownBear1 said:

Not only in this game, we should have won. We get at least 3 there (and perhaps 7), Wazzu is on the ropes (didn't do squat all 2nd half until they were given new life due to the pick in the red zone).
chunkybear
Our QB situation is unfulfilling right now... I'm hopeful we make a move to pick up one of these guys. I'd hate to waste another good defensive season. I'm glad we brought in Modster but not convinced he's the solution,
calgo430
the qb will be helped if we get some wide receivers. i see nothing on the recruit list that gets me excited. looks like our offense will be "3 yards and a cloud of dust" . go bears
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.