Rams game

7,693 Views | 56 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by okaydo
okaydo
How long do you want to ignore this user?

bencgilmore
okaydo said:

People have been complaining that Goff has yet to win a playoff game, which is crazy because before he's barely been in the league. And before this playoff season, the only QBs from the 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 draft classes to win a playoff game were Marcus Mariota and Blake Bortles (both last year).

And usually it takes time for QBs to win their first playoff game (unless they are Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger or Russell Wilson).

Goff won his first playoff game at age 24 and 2 months.

(Goff's pal Carson Wentz is 26 and has never played in a playoff game.)

For perspective:

Ben Roethlisberger won his first playoff game at age 22 and 10 months.

Patrick Mahomes won his first playoff game at age 23 years and 4 months.

Russell Wilson won his first playoff game at age 24 and 1 month.

Tom Brady won his first playoff game at age 24 and 5 months (Tuck Rule game).

Joe Montana won his first playoff game at age 25 and 6 months.

Dak Prescott won his first playoff game at 25 and 6 months.

Cam Newton won his first playoff game at age 25 and 7 months.

Philip Rivers won his first playoff game at age 26.

Eli Manning won his first playoff game at age 27.

Aaron Rodgers won his first playoff game at age 27 and 1 month.

Peyton Manning won his first playoff game at age 27 and 9 months.

Drew Brees won his first playoff game at age 27 and 11 months and 28 days.

Another thing: I'm not sure who should win, the Saints or Eagles.

I think Goff can play well in the Superdome. He's done it twice before.

fly eagles fly. tough task though.
okaydo
In case you wanted context on Aqib Talib's cursing:

okaydo
Hey it's future Cal QB Marshall Manning

Cal88
okayd said:

Another thing: I'm not sure who should win, the Saints or Eagles.

I think Goff can play well in the Superdome. He's done it twice before.

The Saints are the better team with the best QB and best home field advantage, they should win today.

The winner of the Saints-Rams NFC championship is going to win SB53. The Rams can pull off the upset but Goff will have to step up and match Brees, which is a tall order at this stage of his career.
Another Bear
cal83dls79 said:

It was Buck.
I think it was Aikman who made the Cal comment, you know the baby bear almost as smart alum.
Peanut Gallery Consultant
SFCityBear
Every news broadcast I listened to this morning talked about the Rams' win, CJ Anderson's running and Jared Goff. They all mentioned that Goff had previously attended Cal. Not one broadcast mentioned that Anderson had attended Cal, only that he was a Bay Area native. Maybe if he helps the Rams win the next two games, Cal might get a mention.
SFCityBear
Another Bear

Good stuff and those are old school Cal colors, or close. i noticed an iso shoot of Goff and Anderson in the huddle on TV. CJ did a little sideway fist bump and Jared knocked back and then called the play. Hope these guys can take down NO.
calumnus
Another Bear said:

Good stuff and those are old school Cal colors, or close. i noticed an iso shoot of Goff and Anderson in the huddle on TV. CJ did a little sideway fist bump and Jared knocked back and then called the play. Hope these guys can take down NO.

The helmets are perfect. Uni should match.
bearister
With the Raiders leaving town, the perfect replacement team to root for arrived!
SFCityBear
calumnus said:

Another Bear said:

Yeah. The helmets are old school colors. The uniform colors are Cal circa 1975, Chuck Muncie Joe Roth era.
SFCityBear
CaliforniaEternal
Another Bear said:

cal83dls79 said:

It was Buck.
I think it was Aikman who made the Cal comment, you know the baby bear almost as smart alum.
Buck made the comment. Aikman says "Goff wisely stays inbounds, that's a great job by him", and then Buck says "that's that Cal education coming into play!" to which Aikman replies "there you go."

BearSD
calumnus said:

Another Bear said:

NFL rules don't allow it. They are allowed to wear those 1970s-style uniforms as throwbacks, but can't change helmets to match the uniform color because the league has a rule that each player has to wear the same helmet all season unless it becomes damaged. So they change the decal on each helmet from white to yellow (and probably back to white for next week's game in New Orleans).
HungryCalBear
Saints look scary at their own home field
FloriDreaming
hanky1 said:

Goff looking sharp.

CJ Anderson looking good but has clearly been eating too many cheeseburgers.
Goff and Anderson looked great. Very nice win for the Rams.

Gurley and Anderson made that Dallas defense look like Swiss cheese all night long. That final score doesn't really tell the whole story, that was an absolutely dominating running game.
Another Bear
Rams on Saturday looked like 70s Ground Chuck, only scarier and more efficient. More fun to watch too but that might be better TVs today, NO is going to be interesting.
Another Bear
CaliforniaEternal said:

Another Bear said:

cal83dls79 said:

It was Buck.
Buck made the comment. Aikman says "Goff wisely stays inbounds, that's a great job by him", and then Buck says "that's that Cal education coming into play!" to which Aikman replies "there you go."

Sorry, I simply refuse to hear Joe Buck's voice on purpose.
72CalBear
bearister said:

With the Raiders leaving town, the perfect replacement team to root for arrived!
It was hard, and still is, to replace the 49ers with the Rams. Growing up in Orinda, but moving to Long Beach, and then back north to graduate Cal, and then back to Long Beach. But with Goff at the helm and now CJ! Welcome aboard!The colors definitely help!
MiZery
https://bearinsider.com/forums/2/topics/25728#427012

Never forget
bearister
MiZery said:

https://bearinsider.com/forums/2/topics/25728#427012

Never forget

Can you find any of my posts about Goff his Freshman year?
hanky1
"Fat CJ Anderson" is a thing on Twitter now
okaydo

okaydo

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.