Goff vs. Brady or Mahomes in the Big One?

4,766 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by 510 Bear
bear2034
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Everyone's sick of the Patriots but it would be an interesting game to see Goff against Brady, a passing of the torch if you will.
chunkybear
Goff vs Mahomes because KC defense stinks. Easier path for Goff to be a Super Bowl champ and MVP.
okaydo
Sucks that Goff can't play in the Pro Bowl..

KenBurnski
I hope it's the Patriots so everyone roots Rams (except maybe NO fans)
bearister
....but Mahomes' 52 TDs scare me.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
okaydo
A big deal was made about how there were 4 Texas QBs in the final 8.

It would be funny if we have the two remaining QBs from the football hotbed of the San Francisco Bay Area.
ducky23
Even though kc is more talented and has honefield, the pats clear coaching advantage is the difference so far
bear2034
So far Bill Bilicheck's defensive game plan is scarier than Mahomes QB play. Can't believe KC got shut out in the 1st half.
Another Bear
Rams beat KC in the regular season, meaning KC would have extra motivation, like the Rams against NO. Also statiscally, given both are pretty even, beating a team 2x in a season is pretty difficult.

I want to see the Rams take down NE, make it a dethroning, generational shift. Everyone except those in NE want to see a take down the Pats.
Peanut Gallery Consultant
bearister
Another Bear said:

Rams beat KC in the regular season, meaning KC would have extra motivation, like the Rams against NO. Also statiscally, given both are pretty even, beating a team 2x in a season is pretty difficult.

I want to see the Rams take down NE, make it a dethroning, generational shift. Everyone except those in NE want to see a take down the Pats.

+1 Not to mention I want to see this:

okaydo
Another Bear said:

Also, everybody hates the Rams for beating the beloved Saints with the Rams help.

Everybody would've rooted for Reid and Mahomes.

Now, nobody is rooting for the a Pats except Bill Simmons.
Bear19
Jared Goff, Super Bowl bound. Mahomes, in his easy chair watching on TV. The End.
okaydo
Belichick was 33 when McVay was born.

McVay will be 33 when they face off.
Another Bear
okaydo said:

Another Bear said:

Also, everybody hates the Rams for beating the beloved Saints with the Rams help.

Beloved? The Aints are under the Bountygate Curse. It would have great to see Brees in the SB but he got his ring. It's not like Dan Marino. In any case, I dislike the Pat like everyone else...and I think the hate for the Pats overtakes the dislike of LA (it's more that then the Rams).
71Bear
Another Bear said:

okaydo said:

Another Bear said:

Beloved? The Aints are under the Bountygate Curse. It would have great to see Brees in the SB but he got his ring. It's not like Dan Marino. In any case, I dislike the Pat like everyone else...and I think the hate for the Pats overtakes the dislike of LA (it's more that then the Rams).
delete...
71Bear
okaydo said:

Another Bear said:

and me... I have been a Brady fan for a long time. As much as I hate to admit it, he has surpassed Joe Montana as the GOAT. Given his admiration of Joe as a kid in San Mateo, I hope he continues to set records that will be as untouchable as DiMaggio's 56 game hitting streak. Go Pats!
okaydo
71Bear said:

okaydo said:

Another Bear said:

and me... I have been a Brady fan for a long time. As much a I hate to admit it, he has surpassed Joe Montana as the GOAT. Given his admiration of Joe as a kid in San Mateo, I hope he continues to set records that will be as untouchable as DiMaggio's 56 game hitting streak. Go Pats!

A Goff win would do more for Cal football than a Brady win. Oh well, who cares about Cal football? When Brady could get yet another ring.
upsetof86
Bradys roughing passer call rediculous. Sure PI missed on Rams. Like face mask on Goff bootleg.

But Brady call after incompletion is utter corruption.

I hope Goff and co skin the Pats alive.
upsetof86
Patently disagree re Brady. I dont care about his bay area ties, his Asian agent from BA, and all of that. Not buying it.
71Bear
okaydo said:

71Bear said:

okaydo said:

Another Bear said:

and me... I have been a Brady fan for a long time. As much a I hate to admit it, he has surpassed Joe Montana as the GOAT. Given his admiration of Joe as a kid in San Mateo, I hope he continues to set records that will be as untouchable as DiMaggio's 56 game hitting streak. Go Pats!

A Goff win would do more for Cal football than a Brady win. Oh well, who cares about Cal football? When Brady could get yet another ring.
No one gives a s... where these guys went to college. For example, does Michigan benefit from Brady. Absolutely not. The average pro football has no idea where he went to college. Another example closer to home, has Aaron Rodgers play on the field done anything for Cal. Nope. Pro fans associate Rodgers with Green Bay and Brady with New England. End of story....
bearister
But he helped Butte College
CALiforniALUM
Another Bear said:

Didn't a certain other PAC-12 QB do that last Super Bowl? All hail Nick Foles.
okaydo
CALiforniALUM said:

Another Bear said:

Didn't a certain other PAC-12 QB do that last Super Bowl? All hail Nick Foles.

Didn't a certain other Sonny Dykes QB do that last Super Bowl? All hail Nick Foles.

okaydo
71Bear said:

okaydo said:

71Bear said:

okaydo said:

Another Bear said:

No one gives a s... where these guys went to college. For example, does Michigan benefit from Brady. Absolutely not. The average pro football has no idea where he went to college. Another example closer to home, has Aaron Rodgers play on the field done anything for Cal. Nope. Pro fans associate Rodgers with Green Bay and Brady with New England. End of story....

Among recruits, it's a plus. It could be a little plus. It could be a big plus. But it's more a plus than Brady winning.

A win would mean Cal will have had 2 QBs win the Super Bowl this decade. A win means there will have been 4 Super Bowl-winning teams with Cal RBs this decade.

It helps more than it hurts. It's something to boast about to recruits, regardless of who's coaching here.

It's something to boast about.

It's better than "Cheetos Bowl Runner-up."

oski003
71Bear said:

okaydo said:

71Bear said:

okaydo said:

Another Bear said:

With this logic, Cal doesn't benefit from a professor winning the Nobel prize because the average college applicant has no idea about the award winners. The answers to your questions are the opposite of what you think they are.

Anyway...
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/1087268001
Anarchistbear
Only four colleges have graduates that were President of the US and a Super Bowl winning QB.
Another Bear
If the Rams beat the Pats, they're going to be hated like the Warriors as new fangled wussy ball or whatever you want to call it. Goff will get a bit of the Curry treatment, delicate, etc. Just to be clear, no way I'd bet against Brady...not after he did it again last night.
going4roses
Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
510 Bear
^^^ Yeah, the Pats right now have the market cornered on swagger and bad-a$$ery and bragging rights, if you like that kind of thing. I'm still not rooting for them. Go Rams & J. Goff.
Cal84
I was rooting for the Chiefs because well... ketchup > cheating.

But now it is Luke Skywalker vs. Palpatine/Vader (Belichick/Brady).
GivemTheAxe
Another Bear said:

If the Rams beat the Pats, they're going to be hated like the Warriors as new fangled wussy ball or whatever you want to call it. Goff will get a bit of the Curry treatment, delicate, etc. Just to be clear, no way I'd bet against Brady...not after he did it again last night.

I thought this thread is about who do we want to win. Not who will win.
IMO the odds are with the Pats.
But I am rooting for the Rams.
cal83dls79
Err, Cheez-It's not Cheetos. Makes a huge difference.
510 Bear
The other thing about Brady is that while he'd like to think everyone associates him with that swag video posted above, most of them will think of this instead.

KenBurnski
Is Brady an undercover genius? He seems kinda weird in interviews. Not necessarily a moron, but just off. That Tom Cruise jumping on Oprah's couch vibe.
dajo9
going4roses said:

I am a Rams fan and a Goff fan and am rooting for them 100%, but. . .

I'm a big Brady fan. I love that he posted this on Instagram. I love how hated he is for his greatness. I love all the whining people do about him. Win or lose in this Super Bowl, he is the unquestioned goat.

That said, if I'm McVay I show this video to the locker room and I play that music nonstop from here until gametime. I know that kind of thing isn't supposed to motivate players but players are human. There's always a little more emotional fire to be found.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.