RIP Garry P longtime USC forum publisher

1,912 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by bencgilmore
sosheezy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bummer.
Fyght4Cal
Oh no! Garry did a terrific job with his site. He was also very kind to Cal fans. RIP Garry. My prayers are with him, his family, the WeAreSC community and the Trojan Family.
Patience is a virtue, but I’m not into virtue signaling these days.
wifeisafurd
Fyght4Cal said:

Oh no! Garry did a terrific job with his site. He was also very kind to Cal fans. RIP Garry. My prayers are with him, his family, the WeAreSC community and the Trojan Family.
Gary was a good guy and not your typical SC wonk. Grey Bear and now Gary. The old internet guard is leaving us.
71Bear
wifeisafurd said:

Fyght4Cal said:

Gary was a good guy and not your typical SC wonk. Grey Bear and now Gary. The old internet guard is leaving us.
I was thinking the same thing. I know that Grey and Garry collaborated during the "golden era" of fan web sites. Sadly, the drivers are gone and those days are behind us now.......
wifeisafurd
71Bear said:

wifeisafurd said:

Fyght4Cal said:

I was thinking the same thing. I know that Grey and Garry collaborated during the "golden era" of fan web sites. Sadly, the drivers are gone and those days are behind us now.......
Hear you '71. It was about being a community. Now the sites are more content driven, which is what I think the market now desires.
TheSouseFamily
Sad news. Garry P was the voice of reason over there. Always seemed knowledgeable and always handled himself with total class.
71Bear
wifeisafurd said:

71Bear said:

wifeisafurd said:

Fyght4Cal said:

Hear you '71. It was about being a community. Now the sites are more content driven, which is what I think the market now desires.
Yep. I miss the community but I get the notion that in the end, it is all about making a buck. Sigh.....
MoragaBear
Staff
Wow, that's too bad. Worked with Garry many times over the years.
Looperbear
Sorry to hear. Only 52.
bencgilmore
GP was a class act. Even identified/tolerated/laughed at some of my student-era shenanigans back in the day. RIP
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.