OT: UC Berkeley Launches Cannabis Research Center

2,645 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by GivemTheAxe
socaliganbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?

"The center will focus on three distinct areas of research as they relate to cannabis production: policy and regulation, environmental impacts, and cannabis-producing communities."

Bobodeluxe
socaliganbear said:

Ip

"The center will focus on three distinct areas of research as they relate to cannabis production: policy and regulation, environmental impacts, and cannabis-producing communities."

I think it's been around for AT LEAST fifty years.
B.A. Bearacus
Music for the lab:

bearister

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
burritos
Anyone speculating in marijuana equities?
Another Bear
Peanut Gallery Consultant
Big C
Not sure yet if this is going to HURT recruiting, or maybe HELP recruiting. Optimistically, maybe we can pick off a few of those guys that go to Oregon,,,
B.A. Bearacus

Another Bear
burritos said:

Not into stock but the market is super confusing right now. Big take away, legal recreational sales have leveled off after one year in California because the underground trade is still cheaper and more mature, although things are closing. Those deep NorCal guys have been doing it for a long time and successfully and VC guys don't see the same stuff as the non-dopers straight investors. I remember talking to a buddy who said the big thing will be the transition and undoing the entrenched underground culture. Let's just say exports out of CA are big. The thing is, I think it's a long way before there's revenue agents running around the back country. Full national legalization might fix that, or might not. In other words, I have no idea.
KenBurnski
I can't believe that all the textbooks will feature hemp pages and are suitable for rolling.
Sebastabear
Finally something that plays to our natural strengths. We need to combine this with our dominant advantages in e-gaming to become the worldwide mellow superpower we were always meant to be.
yoshibear
Will there be a Master's program for grad transfers?
Bobodeluxe
yoshibear said:

Will there be a Master's program for grad transfers?
Ding ding ding!
TheSouseFamily
KenBurnski said:

I can't believe that all the textbooks will feature hemp pages and are suitable for rolling.

That's old skool. Rolling is so passe, as is combustion and smoking in general. All the elite-level marijuana enthusiasts have shifted to vaporizers. Willie Nelson, Snoop Dogg, etc. Sounds like you need to go back to school, Burnski.
KenBurnski
Agreed! I know just the program!
Another Bear
TheSouseFamily said:

KenBurnski said:

That's old skool. Rolling is so passe, as is combustion and smoking in general. All the elite-level marijuana enthusiasts have shifted to vaporizers. Willie Nelson, Snoop Dogg, etc. Sounds like you need to go back to school, Burnski.
Old schoolers (aka hippies) still like flowers or bud. Vape doesn't have the same buzz or intensity but it is safer for the lungs. Things do point toward distillants and longer term storage. My guess, flowers become "gourmet".
mtkaibab
KenBurnski
Some believe combustion temps are too high for activating the full spectrum of constituent terpenes.
mtkaibab

JSC 76
burritos said:

We were talking to our advisor about starting a college fund for the grand kids (Cal class of '36 and '38), and he suggested this. Just buy some shares now (he mentioned a few names) and forget about them.
Bobodeluxe
TheSouseFamily said:

KenBurnski said:

As I vaguely recall, the finest quality amber hash oils were available in undergrad chem labs in the late sixties/early seventies. Yes, we were friendly with Cal athletes.
GivemTheAxe
Bobodeluxe said:

socaliganbear said:

Ip

I think it's been around for AT LEAST fifty years.

Right you are.
I had an apartment uphill from Cloyne Court in the 1960's.
On a windy day it was obvious that the "faculty" there were conducting a Building wide experiment.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.