Raiders just need to GTFO of the Bay Area already

9,705 Views | 73 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by cal83dls79
82gradDLSdad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
boredom said:

82gradDLSdad said:

TheSouseFamily said:

Just out of curiosity, how many different corporate names are we up to now on that stadium? 16? 17? I get that there's some heavy freight that needs to be paid with some of the Giants albatross contracts but this is still a little ridiculous.

Cordially yours,

Dodger Stadium Fan

Trust me, as someone who got his dream retirement job working on the Giants field the upper management of said Giants, like many, are all about the $$$$$. We have so many field mangling events on that lovely place that I'm rethinking my decision. All in the name of money. They'll change the name of the field every chance they get.

I don't understand the issue here. They changed from ATT to Oracle because ATT had a year left on their contract and told the Giants they weren't going to renew and that the Giants were free to sell off the last year if they found a taker. I think most of the other name changes had to do with corporate acquisitions (company that owned naming rights got bought and thus changed names) that had nothing to do with the Giants.

No issue that should be discussed here. My bad. You're right about the true number of name changes.
sycasey
TheSouseFamily said:

All ribbing aside about the name changes, the Giants have a great ownership group. If I'm not mistaken, partner Charles Johnson is probably the wealthiest (part) owner in MLB. There's zero reason to think that the team isn't on strong financial and managerial footing for years to come. Some of the baseball decisions have created some problematic salary overhang issues but that will work its way out of the system in a couple years. Still a potent force with that ownership group in place. It wouldn't be a huge shocker if the Giants went all in on Harper because of the financial means at their disposal knowing that the current salary problems are a short term concern and that the farm is relatively weak. Guess we'll see soon enough.
They also hired away one of the sharper front-office guys from the Dodgers, so I do expect the roster to be better-managed in the coming years.

They're in the post-championship hangover right now. It's common. The core players get old (and injured) but the team wants to keep them because the fans still love them. I expect Zaidi will clean house now.
sycasey
As for the Raiders, I mean . . . do they ever have a plan for anything? They just keep bumbling around yet still get cities to give them free money.

Perhaps they are the perfect franchise for the Trump Era.
B.A. Bearacus
cal83dls79
I miss the poop people and Mio Rancho.
Priest of the Patty Hearst Shrine

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.