Off Topic - I Spoke to Haas Leadership Class Last Week

2,378 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by darleneh
TheFiatLux
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I warned you, because I know some of you hate when I post stuff I do at Cal, so just go ahead and close this. But I know some of you like seeing this stuff.

This Saturday is graduation day (I hope it doesn't rain during commencment).

Last week Prof Dan Mulhern invited me to speak to his leadership class at Haas. His was the favortite class I've taken at Cal, part of the most amazing semester I ever had, and a key aspect of the most profound four months of my life.

A highlight for me the last three semesters has been coming back to speak to the class. I talked for about 40 minutes and took about 20 minutes of questions from the students (many my classmates and friends). I posted the last ten minutes because it contains my feelings on failure, not selling yourself short, grabbing the brass ring, embracing change... I hope you enjoy it. Just click on the link to see the LinkedIn post with the video.

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6534595439377944576

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6534595439377944576

GO BEARS!!!
oskioski
"my labmate who just carried me... to my d..." cracked me up.

thanks for everything you do ken. it's been a joy becoming your friend. i know i speak for all of us when i say how much i value all the time you've spent with us, the great talks over a meal, your advice, your generosity of spirit, your amazing attitude on life. having you in 155 fall17 absolutely made the class amazing. you've changed lives and inspired people. i hope we're always friends.
NVBear78
Ken, great to see you speaking at Cal and back on this board!

Keep the faith and Go Bears!
Sebastabear
That was terrific Ken. Thanks so much for sharing it.
25To20
Thank you so much for that, Ken. Now, being well over 40, I need to go find myself a 20 something mentor.

Is there someplace the full 60 minutes presentation will be posted?
joe amos yaks
Most excellent advice.
Congratulations.
I agree with you about refreshing and clearing your vision with 20 year old mentors.
We tend to get "beat down" as we age. Some seek religion.
Go Bears!
"Those who say don't know, and those who know don't say." - LT
FloriDreaming
Enough grandstanding, Mr Mic Man ;-)

Seriously, though, it's been fun following your Cal undergrad experience Part II. Too bad we couldn't produce better football and MBB during your second run - those Bruce Snyder years are our "good old days." Great message and hopefully the students take it to heart.

Go Bears!
darleneh
Congratulations Ken!!! Thanks for inviting me to your party Thursday. It was so great seeing you Saturday and thanks for saying hi to my parents.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.