A four deep pre-season all conference prediction...

2,261 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 71Bear
71Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://athlonsports.com/college-football/pac-12-football-2019-all-conference-team?utm_source=listrak&utm_medium=email&utm_term=https%3a%2f%2fathlonsports.com%2fcollege-football%2fpac-12-football-2019-all-conference-team&utm_campaign=bang-mult-nl-pac-12-hotline-nl
89Bear
Quick 1st thought: I know he was injured last year, but I think I would project Cam Goode onto one of the four teams.
Big C
Way to rep our offense, Jake Curhan!
wifeisafurd
Lot of O on the offense. Yikes 4 of 5 oline and Herbert.

Lot of Cal on defense.

What is surprising to me is the lack of SC players. They always have guys projecting high due to their talent level. Things could get ugly at Troy this year.
TheSouseFamily
That's seven Cal guys on the first and second teams. Tied for the most of any team in the conference (with Oregon).
golden sloth
wifeisafurd said:

Lot of Cal on defense.

What is surprising to me is the lack of SC players. They always have guys projecting high due to their talent level. Things could get ugly at Troy this year.
For some reason I'm not too concerned about Oregon because I see one of two things happening.
1. Mario Cristobal squanders the talent he has (like he did last year)
2. Oregon has great success and Cristobal leaves for a bonafide blueblood in the SEC or Big Ten.

Basically, they either under perform or they succeed this year which undermines their future.
71Bear
golden sloth said:

wifeisafurd said:

Lot of Cal on defense.

For some reason I'm not too concerned about Oregon because I see one of two things happening.
2. Oregon has great success and Cristobal leaves for a bonafide blueblood in the SEC or Big Ten.

Basically, they either under perform or they succeed this year which undermines their future.
Cristobal is building a juggernaut in Eugene. He has been aggressively recruiting talent and it is paying off. It is about time that someone in the P12 steps up their recruiting by pushing the envelope. The groundwork has been laid. I don't see him leaving anytime soon now that he has his program solidly in place.
ducky23
TheSouseFamily said:

That's seven Cal guys on the first and second teams. Tied for the most of any team in the conference (with Oregon).

Yeah and that's with presumably our two best defensive players not on the list at all.
calumnus
71Bear said:

golden sloth said:

wifeisafurd said:

Lot of Cal on defense.

Cristobal is building a juggernaut in Eugene. He has been aggressively recruiting talent and it is paying off. It is about time that someone in the P12 steps up their recruiting by pushing the envelope. The groundwork has been laid. I don't see him leaving anytime soon now that he has his program solidly in place.

The one thing I could see is him going back to Florida, especially Miami, his hometown and alma mater.
TheSouseFamily
Another thing that's impressive about the Cal guys on this list is that most weren't even very highly recruited, yet stacking up quite nicely with all those 4 and 5 stars from UW, UO, Furd, UCLA and SC.

247 National Recruiting Rankings:

Weaver #914
Davis: not ranked
Bequette: #1,535
Paul: #1,725
Bynum: #834
Hawkins: #275
Curhan: #882
MilleniaBear
+1. Something good is going on developmentally on the D and/or (god forbid) Sonny was an idiot savant (sp?) at finding defensive diamonds in the rough. Bizzaro World!
joe amos yaks
They wrong.
"Those who say don't know, and those who know don't say." - LT
71Bear
calumnus said:

71Bear said:

golden sloth said:

wifeisafurd said:

Lot of Cal on defense.

The one thing I could see is him going back to Florida, especially Miami, his hometown and alma mater.
Diaz will be the answer at Miami. He is certainly off to a great start. Next, Mullen has Florida on the right track. That brings us to Fla. State. IMO, they will have an opening within the next year or two and will be looking for a high profile guy. Could that be an opportunity for Cristobal?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.