Mike Leach: HBO reality star

1,354 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Big C
okaydo
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Big C
The only coach I can think of, off hand, whose interviews I listen to. Even our own, I'd prefer reading the transcripts, in order to get through it faster.
GBear4Life
(sorry didn't want to give Chuckie's House of Horrors its own thread)

But it's somewhat related -- speaking of HBO, Hard Knocks should be interesting this week huh?

Big C
Hard Knocks - Oakland Raiders: A match made in heaven.

Jon Gruden: Sooo impressed with himself, but I can't seem to dislike him.

Derek Carr: I can seem to dislike him, and do. Can't put my finger on why. He gives me the creeps. Dude is vile.

Richie Incognito: How long can it be till this goes south? So far, so good, though.

The rookie safety, Abram: Somebody smack this guy. Here's where Incognito comes in, maybe in the final episode.
GBear4Life
Not sure why you dislike Carr.

That rookie safety is pretty funny. Obnoxious sure, but in a happy go lucky way. Maybe it's his southern drawl and him playing up Carr's wealth at the team dinner. I dunno.

What I do know is that the train wreck in Oakland has been yummy.

Trading Mack and Cooper effectively announces a rebuild, where a nucleus is being built to compete in 2-3 years.

Then Raiders are last in sacks and Gruden is like "pass rushers are hard to find" lmao

Raiders trade Cooper (makes sense if you're rebuilding, you don't want to pay an elite WR), then trade and pony up record guaranteed money for a petulant WR on the downslope of their prime.

Gruden in camp says "we need to win now". lol

Just wonderful to watch.
71Bear
Big C said:

UHard Knocks - Oakland Raiders: A match made in heaven.

Derek Carr: I can seem to dislike him, and do. Can't put my finger on why. He gives me the creeps. Dude is vile.

Richie Incognito: How long can it be till this goes south? So far, so good, though.

The rookie safety, Abram: Somebody smack this guy. Here's where Incognito comes in, maybe in the final episode.
Actually, the match made in heaven is Vegas and the Raiders. A city that attracts losers by the millions and a team populated by losers. Never has a team and the city it represents been a more perfect match....
GBear4Life
71Bear said:

Actually, the match made in heaven is Vegas and the Raiders. A city that attracts losers by the millions and a team populated by losers. Never has a team and the city it represents been a more perfect match....
lol
Big C
As I mentioned, I can't really put my finger on why I don't like Derek Carr. Heck, maybe if I actually KNEW him, I'd like him. But from what I see, he comes off as a real phony (maybe not the right word). Maybe if he'd come through in the clutch a little more the past few years, I'd respect him too much to worry about how he comes across. At least, with Incognito and Antonio Brown, they are what they are.

Anyway, great theater on Hard Knocks. Throw in the latest AB stuff and I can't wait for the next episode!
GBear4Life
He's definitely diplomatic in that sense. I pick up on it too, but it's not much different than Brady, etc. He supports his teammates in public even when he surely doesn't like them, which is a good trait.
Big C
71Bear said:

Big C said:

UHard Knocks - Oakland Raiders: A match made in heaven.

Yes indeed. The Raiders moving to Vegas makes it even better. Hard Knocks changes teams every year, right? No doubt HBO is imagining keeping the Raiders on for next season, where they can mix in some choice Vegas scenes.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.