FBS wins the last 10 seasons

1,709 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Bobodeluxe
okaydo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cal: 47-70

I had to edit it because I counted FCS wins.

EDITED FOR THIRD TIME: IT'S EITHER 54 TOTAL WINS OR 47 vs. FBS...unless I got that wrong.

MugsVanSant
It is stupid to play FBS teams. It is a no-win proposition for us. If we win we merely avoid an embarrassment. We risk losing key players as we did the year before last. If we lose it is a major embarrassment.
AunBear89
MugsVanSant said:

It is stupid to play FBS teams. It is a no-win proposition for us. If we win we merely avoid an embarrassment. We risk losing key players as we did the year before last. If we lose it is a major embarrassment.

Does anyone else want to explain the difference between FBS and FCS to MENSA Mugs?
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
calumnus
okaydo said:

Cal: 54-70

Seeing Stanford at #6 is depressing
71Bear
okaydo said:

Just for the record...

I looked up the results for Oregon and Stanford - the stat cited in the OP includes wins by the Cardinal and Ducks over FCS opposition. I suspect this is true for every team noted.
calumnus
71Bear said:

okaydo said:

Just for the record...

I looked up the results for Oregon and Stanford - the stat cited in the OP includes wins by the Cardinal and Ducks over FCS opposition. I suspect this is true for every team noted.

Yes, I think Steele means "overall records (including wins over FCS teams) for FBS teams only." I had to look up whether App State is FBS (they are).
Eastern Oregon Bear
AunBear89 said:

MugsVanSant said:

Does anyone else want to explain the difference between FBS and FCS to MENSA Mugs?
I'll leave that to Blueblood. If Blueblood can't get us into the MWC, then 1 game a year might be the next best thing.
GBear4Life
MugsVanSant said:

It is stupid to play FBS teams. It is a no-win proposition for us.
71Bear
calumnus said:

71Bear said:

okaydo said:

Just for the record...

Yes, I think Steele means "overall records (including wins over FCS teams) for FBS teams only." I had to look up whether App State is FBS (they are).
App. State bumped up to FBS in 2014. Of course, their landmark win over Michigan in 2007 is still one of the most memorable FCS over FBS games in recent history....
okaydo
calumnus said:

71Bear said:

okaydo said:

Just for the record...

I'm confused. All I know is that Cal vs UC Davis and Auburn vs Oregon are on at the same time.

And one game is going to be on my 65 inch TV and one is going to be on my (recently purchased) 12.9 inch iPad Pro.

Hail2Calif
71Bear said:

okaydo said:

Just for the record...

Makes sense. Divide the total games by 10 seasons, and most of the top-10 played 13 or more games a year, indicating, in most cases, 12 regular season, a bowl game, and/or some kind of playoff game(s). Many of those teams schedule FCS schools all the time
LunchTime
MugsVanSant said:

lol
LunchTime
71Bear said:

calumnus said:

71Bear said:

okaydo said:

Just for the record...

App. State bumped up to FBS in 2014. Of course, their landmark win over Michigan in 2007 is still one of the most memorable FCS over FBS games in recent history....
I prefer Davis over some school I can't think of the name for.
71Bear
okaydo said:

calumnus said:

71Bear said:

okaydo said:

Just for the record...

I'm confused. All I know is that Cal vs UC Davis and Auburn vs Oregon are on at the same time.

And one game is going to be on my 65 inch TV and one is going to be on my (recently purchased) 12.9 inch iPad Pro.

I've been doing that for years. I chose the two best games with a couple as backup in case either or both of the "two best games" are flops. Next, select the game that is most competitive and put it on the big screen with the other on the iPad. Flip back and forth as the action dictates.

Exception to the rule - if one of the games is on the low def P12 Network, always keep that on your iPad because the iPad translates it into hi def. That way you can actually see what is happening.
Bobodeluxe
I go to the Cal games, and monitor the scores announced three hours after the fact, but the hug camera always brings a tear to my eyes.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.