Pac 12 app on apple tv

1,714 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by okaydo
oskidunker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have a first generation Apple tv. Cbs all access works great.. streaming from phone not as reliable. They claim you can download the pac 12 app to your apple tv. Cant figure out how to do this. I go to settings and i tunes and there is no way.

I have downloaded the app to my phone.

Is it possible yo get a pac12 app to appear on
My apple tv? How?
Go Bears!
calfanz
Only way to do it is stream it from your iPhone
bear945
Looks like you need 4th generation Apple TV.

Yes, the Pac-12 Now app is now available for subscribers via Apple TV. You can download the Pac-12 Now app on your Apple TV and use your TV/cable subscription information to log in and unlock all content available on Pac-12 Networks' seven channels, in HD.
For more information on the Pac-12 Now app, please visit this page on our website.
(Please note that, in order to install the Pac-12 Now on your Apple TV, you will need an operating system version of 10.0 or above, which is currently supported by Apple TV models that are 4th generation and up.)

oskidunker
Thanks
Go Bears!
BearBones
Why does the Pac 12 not allow Roku to offer online access to Pac 12 Network to those with a qualifying satellite or cable subscription? Lots of other prescription channels are offered that way. It sure seems to me that the Pac 12 is missing the boat on this.
okaydo
I haven't actually ordered it yet, but I plan to use Sling TV for Pac-12 Network.

It's like $25 or $30 or $35 a month. I plan to use it with Google Chromecast.
BearSD
BearBones said:

Why does the Pac 12 not allow Roku to offer online access to Pac 12 Network to those with a qualifying satellite or cable subscription? Lots of other prescription channels are offered that way. It sure seems to me that the Pac 12 is missing the boat on this.
Not the only thing on which Larry is missing the boat, that's for sure...

KoreAmBear
I think Roku may have your cable or satellite account. It has allowed me to stream Dodgers games on my Spectrum account without the need for a cable box.

Or like calfanz said get it on phone and mirror it to your TV.
Another Bear
okaydo said:

I haven't actually ordered it yet, but I plan to use Sling TV for Pac-12 Network.

This is my usual method. Most of the year I only get the $25 package (blue) but during FB season I add Orange and the sports package, so you get FS1, ESPN, Pac12 and DVR for like $50/mo. I only keep all three from Sept - the bowl games. After the season I cancel Orange and the sports package. Since I have a roku built into the TV, very easy.

Frankly using Apple TV (2nd gen) is a minor hassle...lots of drop out. (Is Apple 4th gen TV any better?)

I might cancel the whole thing after this season and just re-up next Fall again. Standard cable/Sling channels have gotten really boring and dumb.
okaydo
Another Bear said:

okaydo said:

This is my usual method. Most of the year I only get the $25 package (blue) but during FB season I add Orange and the sports package, so you get FS1, ESPN, Pac12 and DVR for like $50/mo. I only keep all three from Sept - the bowl games. After the season I cancel Orange and the sports package. Since I have a roku built into the TV, very easy.

Frankly using Apple TV (2nd gen) is a minor hassle...lots of drop out. (Is Apple 4th gen TV any better?)

I might cancel the whole thing after this season and just re-up next Fall again. Standard cable/Sling channels have gotten really boring and dumb.

I used to have DirecTV with Sunday Ticket for years. Then I moved to L.A. a few years ago and cut the cord.

The past few years I've had YouTube TV with Sunday Ticket streaming. But with Sunday Ticket streaming, you can't talk the DirecTV people into offering you a discount, and it ends up costing a lot of money. It was $400 last year, which was just too much.

Then somebody (you??) told me what a great deal Sling TV is.

YouTube TV is great. Until June I was paying $35/month, while others were paying $40. Then they added Discovery channels and raised their rates to $50/month, and a lot of people griped. But to me, it's still a bargain because you can record as many shows/TCM movies/football games as you want and it stays on your cloudless DVR -- easily accessible by iPhone, iPad, browser -- for 9 months. Tonight I'm recording a Buster Keaton documentary. I have until May 19 to watch it before it's deleted. (YouTube TV is also getting PBS by the end of the year. It doesn't, however, have any of the Viacom -- MTV, Nick, Comedy Central -- channels.)

But YouTube TV doesn't have NFL Network and Pac-12 Network. I really didn't care because there are like 5 games a year on NFL Network, and they're usually terrible. And there are like 3-6 games a year on Pac-12 Network that I can watch easily through illegitimate means.

But this year, I'm paying for Sling TV. It's like $40/month. And I get NFL Network, Pac-12 Network and NFL Red Zone.*

(*DirecTV Red Zone has the more preferable Andrew Siciliano, while the other Red Zone has Scott Hanson, who is more phony. But I'll live!)

Also, I originally got Sunday Ticket to watch the best NFL games and Packer games because I lived in area that would only broadcast terrible 49ers and Raiders games, while I wasn't really interested in Red Zone all that much. Now I'm more interested in Red Zone. And the team I'm most interested in, the Rams, is on my local L.A. channels.

Anyways, I have one more month before this beauty is deleted from my cloudless DVR.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.