Let's Pick the Pac 12 Games: Week 1

1,851 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by UrsineMaximus
UrsusTexicanus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yes, it's that time again for scientific analysis, inspired hunches and my personal favorite, absolutely no clue whatsoever wild guesses as to how the Pac 12 fares against Vegas. Only one game to start things off this week. Home team is in italics. As usual, any bets with real money are up to you, along with explaining to your significant other why you can't pay the mortgage/rent this month.

Mildcats 11 over Hawaii: Surfers are traditionally pretty tough at home. Taking Hawaii to beat the spread but not Arizona.
chalcidbear
Hurray - another chance to prognasticate ... and fall ignomiously on my keister.

I'm going with Arizona to win and cover.
bearister
5 PAC 12 teams in the Top 25?

Makes for a long season.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
72CalBear
bearister said:

Makes for a long season.
We all know the P12 is weak nationally in football. No team in the top 10 and what about pre-season polls? Pffffftt!!
71Bear
72CalBear said:

bearister said:

Makes for a long season.
We all know the P12 is weak nationally in football. No team in the top 10 and what about pre-season polls? Pffffftt!!
P12 - a number of solid second tier teams (UO, UW, Utah) but no elite squads. Since college football is all about the playoffs, no one cares about the rest. This is what is hurting the P12's image. It's too bad because the league has the best balance from top to bottom among the P5 conferences. This should be an interesting season (if you can block out the noise regarding the playoffs).

Of course, I must admit that I am looking forward to the annual Clemson v. the king of the SEC for all the marbles in January....
wifeisafurd
UrsusTexicanus said:

Yes, it's that time again for scientific analysis, inspired hunches and my personal favorite, absolutely no clue whatsoever wild guesses as to how the Pac 12 fares against Vegas. Only one game to start things off this week. Home team is in italics. As usual, any bets with real money are up to you, along with explaining to your significant other why you can't pay the mortgage/rent this month.

Mildcats 11 over Hawaii: Surfers are traditionally pretty tough at home. Taking Hawaii to beat the spread but not Arizona.
Take the over as two good QBs and offenses going against what last year was two lousy defenses.

Take Hawaii and the points.
FloriDreaming
Meh. Feels like about the right line to me. Go with the Hawaii to cover.
NVGolfingBear
Long Plane ride, Distractions for Zona on the beach...

Maybe Zona outright but Hawaii with the points
Fyght4Cal
Hard to say how the Sumlinettes are going to look this year. But I'll take them to cover vs The 'Bows
Patience is a virtue, but I’m not into virtue signaling these days.
89Bear
I have no idea if Tate is healthy, but since it's the 1st game I'm assuming he is. When he was last healthy, 2017, he was a monster. I'll take the Tate's and give the points.
UrsineMaximus
Chuck, I'll take, "What is Zona?" for a billion zillion dollars.........
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.