Cal Last Undefeated PAC-12 team

1,886 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by heartofthebear
BearlyCareAnymore
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Nothing further necessary
PtownBear1
One conference game into the season. Has to be a record
95bears
Just you wait for Larry's response. It will be __________---
AlmaSecreta
Sweet! We can start holding on all the games now.
71Bear
95bears said:

Just you wait for Larry's response. It will be __________---
We believe in the concept of a middle class. There should be no elite and no poverty.
hanky1
This post reminds me of the time back in 2007 when stupid Cal fans started chanting "we're number 1" when The #1 team lost and we were #2 in the middle of the game against Oregon state and then Kevin Riley running around on the last play happened.

Lol

Stupid Cal fans.
Goobear
hanky1 said:

LThis post reminds me of the time back in 2007 when stupid Cal fans started chanting "we're number 1" when The #1 team lost and we were #2 in the middle of the game against Oregon state and then Kevin Riley running around on the last play happened.

Lol

Stupid Cal fans.
Agreed, it is nonsense. Be proud yes but that is all.
TouchedTheAxeIn82
BearlyCareAnymore
Goobear said:

hanky1 said:

LThis post reminds me of the time back in 2007 when stupid Cal fans started chanting "we're number 1" when The #1 team lost and we were #2 in the middle of the game against Oregon state and then Kevin Riley running around on the last play happened.

Lol

Stupid Cal fans.
Agreed, it is nonsense. Be proud yes but that is all.

What was anyone else doing? What did anyone say other than we are the last undefeated team? Didn't say we would stay that way. Didn't say we'd win another game. Stated a fact. Unlike 2007, where we were not number 1, the week is over and we are the last undefeated team.

I'll refrain from pointing out who the actual stupid ones are on this thread.
bear2034
Hanky, you're #1.

heartofthebear
FWIW, we are 1 of 23 remaining undefeated FBS teams, 17 in the Big5 + Boise St. And SMU plays Memphis on Thursday night so it will be down to 22 by the time Cal plays. However, here are some of the other BG5 undefeateds for some perspective:
  • Wake Forest (4-0)
  • Virginia (4-0)
  • Minnesota (3-0)
  • Baylor (3-0)
However Cal is the only 4-0 BG5 team with a win against a ranked team on the road other than LSU and Auburn, although Georgia should be acknowledged for beating Notre Dame, even though it was at home.
All this being said, knowing the inside story about Cal's weaknesses as well as the strengths. Where would you honestly rank Cal right now.
IOW, how many teams in the country are better than Cal right now. Without counting, I'd say its around 25 or 30. So I would put Cal somewhere near the bottom of the top 25 or keep them about where they were before.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.