Let's Pick the Pac-12 Games: Week 9

1,164 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by heartofthebear
UrsusTexicanus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cal's back in action after that nail biter against BYE. Unfortunately, that game didn't count as Vegas never could come up with a spread, so my score last week was 2-3, bringing my season down to 29-27. Here's the link to last week: https://bearinsider.com/forums/2/topics/91179 and this week's lame excuse for picks. Odds are for the home team, my selection in italics.

River Rats @ Cal -9.5: Bears may actually break 30 points on this one. It won't be a curbstomping, but Cal covers.

bRuins @ Furd -10: Hoping signs Furd is coming to life are an aberration. But that can wait a week. fUCLA is redefining bad football. Trees cover.

Devil's Rejects @ Mormon Marauders -12.5: Two good teams but missionaries are better. Tempting to say point spread is too high, but by 4th quarter Satan's boys will be singing Gregorian Chants. Utes cover.

Rubber Duckies @ Mutts +2.5: Rumors of butt sniffers being put to sleep were premature. One the other hand, quackers are starting to put it together. Close game and tough call, but taking the hounds to cover.

Mildcats @ U$C -7.5: Kitties hack up hairballs. Unfortunately, broken condoms cover.

Colorado @ Wazzoo -12.5: Much as I'd love to see the pirate keelhauled, Ralphie's not the one to do it. Puddytats cover.

BYE is taking a BYE of its own.
chalcidbear
Last week I was late and didn't get a chance to call the Oregon game, so I went a pedestrian 2-2, giving me a 22-26 record for the season.

This week:

OSU @ Cal: Yes, the Beavers aren't really a good team, while I trust the bye allows Cal to get at least one or two injured players back on line, has me betting on the Bears.

UCLA @ Stanford: Stanford's obit is premature, while UCLA doesn't appear to have garnered any momentum lately: Stanford.

ASU @ Utah: The Sun Devils are surprising me this year by being an all-around solid team. I think the Utes will win, but not cover, which has me betting on ASU.

Oregon @ Washington: Like Stanford, I think UW is still a powerful team to reckon with, but the Ducks are slightly better - just enough to cover the spread.

Arizona@USC: I'm not sure what happened to the Wildcats in their game vs. Washington last week. They were keeping up and then suddenly pulled up lame. I don't see them doing any better at the Coliseum, so I'm picking USC to win and cover.

Colorado @ WSU: I like the Cougs to win, but I think the spread is too high. WSU to win, but Colorado to cover the spread.
wifeisafurd
Collapsing like [insert name of team] 1-4, 17-19.

So time for that post-bye turnaround, just like the Bears.

Bears and give points (can Cal score 10 points?). Strictly going with the heart.
Furd and give points. UCLA probably gets DRT back, but I don't think it matters. Furd seems to have turned the corner
ASU and take points (sorry Goo). Still think Utah wins.
Ducks (I have no idea how good Udub is, but Oregon has an excellent defense, and defense travels).
SC. They looked pretty good with Slovis returning at South Bend and 7.5 points is not enough. SC giving points.
Buffs: two teams I thought are better, are not. Coin toss says take Buffs and points.
Bye vs bye, going with bye.
YamhillBear
Last week 2-3, overall 20-21, slowly sinking...

This week's picks:
Cal -9.5 (Last year, the Beavs were just what Cal needed. Thinking that'll be the case again this year)
Furds -10 (the Furds are down but not nearly DOWN as the ruins)
ASU +12.5 (Utah to win but not cover)
Ducks -2.5 (conversely, Dawgs rebounding, but not nearly as UP as the ducks)
$C -7.5 (not the old $C, but enough to win and cover against UA)
Buffs +12.5 (both defenses awful, thinking WSU wins but doesn't cover in a high-scoring game)
heartofthebear
UrsusTexicanus said:

Cal's back in action after that nail biter against BYE. Unfortunately, that game didn't count as Vegas never could come up with a spread, so my score last week was 2-3, bringing my season down to 29-27. Here's the link to last week: https://bearinsider.com/forums/2/topics/91179 and this week's lame excuse for picks. Odds are for the home team, my selection in italics.

River Rats @ Cal -9.5: Bears may actually break 30 points on this one. It won't be a curbstomping, but Cal covers.

bRuins @ Furd -10: Hoping signs Furd is coming to life are an aberration. But that can wait a week. fUCLA is redefining bad football. Trees cover.

Devil's Rejects @ Mormon Marauders -12.5: Two good teams but missionaries are better. Tempting to say point spread is too high, but by 4th quarter Satan's boys will be singing Gregorian Chants. Utes cover.

Rubber Duckies @ Mutts +2.5: Rumors of butt sniffers being put to sleep were premature. One the other hand, quackers are starting to put it together. Close game and tough call, but taking the hounds to cover.

Mildcats @ U$C -7.5: Kitties hack up hairballs. Unfortunately, broken condoms cover.

Colorado @ Wazzoo -12.5: Much as I'd love to see the pirate keelhauled, Ralphie's not the one to do it. Puddytats cover.

BYE is taking a BYE of its own.

Went 2-3 last week and so am 33-20 on the year.
So I am picking
Furd
Cal
WSU
Arizona and
ASU
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.