Oregon State will be our best attended home game (not including SC)

5,105 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by HoopDreams
Cal89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Family of four will be there.
ducky23
89Bear said:

C6Bear said:

oskidunker said:

Some people claim its to early. Lmaof
LYAO all you want, but for us folks who don't live 15 min from the stadium, it's too early. Due to the ridiculously early start and other unexpected circumstances, we have to be out the door by 6:30 at the latest. We generally like to see the band at Sproul, which I assume is at 10:00, but that may even be out of reach. We like the have a relaxing lunch or dinner before the game depending on start times, but scratch that too. As far as attendance, forget the students. Like some other games that have started at noon, you'll be able to easily count the few butts that will be in the seats in the student section at game time. Unless bobbleheads or extra people are in town for homecoming make a difference, I think this will easily be the lowest attended game all year. But who cares, right? All that matters is TV, TV $, and Larry Scott's kingdom. To hell with the fans.....
Honestly curious: what is the absolute BEST starting time?

I believe the general consensus around here is 5pm. (Not too late for the elderly, perfect time for students/families)

Problem is that the 5pm is reserved for the best teams/games.
50+BigGames
I'll be there, but I'm looking at a 6:30 am departure time just like C6. I'm getting too old for this.
Sebastabear
FuzzyWuzzy said:

Sebastabear said:

10,000 Oski bobbleheads. You don't show up to get yours you have no one but yourself to blame.

What entrance gives you the best chance to get a bobblehead? Am I correct to assume they hand you one after you enter the stadium, and that if your gate has run out, you don't get one? (our seats are in the southeast corner, if it matters.)
Confidentially just between you and me (and the thousands dozens of people reading this thread) I've noticed the North entrance seems to be the best place to collect the giveaways. But take that for what it's worth. It may have changed with the new screening procedures this year.
B.A. Bearacus
To those more schooled in the ways of bobble than me, what time would you say is the cutoff to realistically have a chance at one of these guys?
Golden One
89Bear said:

1:30pm.
Sebastabear
B.A. Bearacus said:

To those more schooled in the ways of bobble than me, what time would you say is the cutoff to realistically have a chance at one of these guys?
Tough to say. Big variable is attendance but I have to believe an hour before kick gets you a bobble head. May be less than that,
B.A. Bearacus
Thanks for the insight, Sebastabear. Very appreciated.
Sebastabear
On an only tangentially related note, I'm going to say Oregon State has one of the weirdest fanbases in the country. They literally have a thread on their board titled "For a bad loss, it wasn't so bad." This was after a. 52-7 shellacking by Utah. Can you imagine the full meltdown we'd be in if we had a loss like that, regardless of our expectations for the season? Actually you don't have to imagine it. See every thread started in 2013.

http://bennyshouse.com/thread/13647/bad-loss
C6Bear
89Bear said:

C6Bear said:

oskidunker said:

Some people claim its to early. Lmaof
LYAO all you want, but for us folks who don't live 15 min from the stadium, it's too early. Due to the ridiculously early start and other unexpected circumstances, we have to be out the door by 6:30 at the latest. We generally like to see the band at Sproul, which I assume is at 10:00, but that may even be out of reach. We like the have a relaxing lunch or dinner before the game depending on start times, but scratch that too. As far as attendance, forget the students. Like some other games that have started at noon, you'll be able to easily count the few butts that will be in the seats in the student section at game time. Unless bobbleheads or extra people are in town for homecoming make a difference, I think this will easily be the lowest attended game all year. But who cares, right? All that matters is TV, TV $, and Larry Scott's kingdom. To hell with the fans.....
I'll take anytime between 1:00-3:30, but feel 1:00 is optimal, at least me. Traffic is still manageable, at least going, and I'm also getting home at a decent time which isn't early Sunday morning like it is with a late start.
Big C
B.A. Bearacus said:

Big C said:

No facts to support my projection, but I bet when the ball is kicked off to start the game, there will be less than 30,000 fans in their seats. The stands will look terribly empty. (Yes, there will be more arriving and, yes, I'm aware that this is not how attendance is counted).
Big C and Golden One must have been offensive linemen back in their day because they appear to be staunch believers in low man wins.
I might have misinterpreted the gist of the thread, which I thought was about prediction, not hope. If it's about hope, I hope we win and sell out all the rest of our games, for eternity! (Top that!)

If it's about prediction, take a look around you on Saturday, moments before kick-off. I hope TV doesn't pan the "crowd".

Busiest thread on Growls is about Beaver jokes (and we are among the most die hard football fans). That's some "evidence" right there to say folks aren't too attracted to this football game.
B.A. Bearacus
Instead of 10K bobbleheads they should be giving away 10K pre-inflated, life-sized Oskis to help with our attendance perception problem.
Bobodeluxe
Can't hide.
westcoast101
I hope Memorial is empty for the Wazzu game. I was planning to go but have no interest in going now. Voice your displeasure with your wallet, folks.
oskidunker
If its a night game I am definitely out.
Go Bears!
upsetof86
westcoast101 said:

I hope Memorial is empty for the Wazzu game. I was planning to go but have no interest in going now. Voice your displeasure with your wallet, folks.

I can't make that game I am scouting new OCs that weekend
oskidunker
westcoast101 said:

Season ticket holders already bought tickets and they will count us as there even if we are not.
Go Bears!
BulaBear3cubs
3:00pm is prime gametime
bearister
B.A. Bearacus said:

Instead of 10K bobbleheads they should be giving away 10K pre-inflated, life-sized Oskis to help with our attendance perception problem.

Just cross out Judy and write in Oski. You can get truckloads cheap. It even has the sad Cal fan face.

HoopDreams
I thought the 1130 start time was okay for one game a season

I had to change my routine, and instead of going early and play hoops in the RSF before the game, I had to change to go early and eat breakfast!

I'd much rather have a 1130 game than a 9am game or a 7pm game

1 or 130 is the best for me
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.