Any word on how Modster is looking?

2,012 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 72CalBear
Trumpanzee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I count on you Cali locals to give me updates here in Idaho since the pony express is slow with mail.....how about any injury reports? Thanks Bears!
longseeker
We really need to see more of his ability considering how little opportunities he had while Garber was leading the team. Fortunately, he is mature and has game experience at UCLA and now getting his chance at Cal. I am looking forward to see him play this week against Oregon State albeit OSU is supposed to have a leaky defense. If he does not do well this weekend, it may be to go to the next in line.
Big C
If he's gonna be okay, it should be by Saturday, against a fairly weak opponent.
+ game experience playing with UCLA
+ Spring Practice here, in current system, vying for 1st string QB
+ same in Fall Camp (up until 1-2 weeks before the opener)
+ three weeks of recent practice taking the 1st string reps
+ two recent games

I'd feel better if our O-line wasn't so "patchwork", but Modster should be at least decent by now, if he's ever going to be.
calumnus
Big C said:

If he's gonna be okay, it should be by Saturday, against a fairly weak opponent.
+ game experience playing with UCLA
+ Spring Practice here, in current system, vying for 1st string QB
+ same in Fall Camp (up until 1-2 weeks before the opener)
+ three weeks of recent practice taking the 1st string reps
+ two recent games

I'd feel better if our O-line wasn't so "patchwork", but Modster should be at least decent by now, if he's ever going to be.

OSU is last in the Pac-12 in run defense, giving up 206 yards per game. Hopefully we see a run heavy offense with Modster throwing off of play-action, including some deep shots to Crawford if he is healthy. I think it likely will be a good day for Modster and the Cal offense.
72CalBear
Overheard at the Albany Bowl: He's throwing spirals.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.