Time to renew!

2,247 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by glutton
Bobodeluxe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cal Family,

2020 Cal Football Renewals are right around the corner!

Starting Tuesday, November 12th at 9:00 a.m. PT, you will be able to renew your Season Tickets.

Renew early and be entered for a chance to win great prizes!

15 days of renewals prizes this year include:

- Airfare, Hotel and Tickets to see Cal take on UNLV in Las Vegas
- Airfare, Hotel and Tickets to see Cal take on USC in Los Angeles
-Club Tickets
-Exclusive Cal Memorabilia
-Much More!

Cal Football is introducing an easy-renew program. By enrolling, you do not have to wait for the renewal email or worry about missing deadlines. We will renew your football season tickets automatically on the first day of renewals (you will be informed of the date ahead of time) starting with the 2021 Football season. By choosing easy-renew, you will automatically receive the lowest season ticket renewal price point guaranteed as well as automatic eligibility for other early renewal incentives (if available).

Be on the lookout for our email Tuesday, November 12th!

For additional information, please contact [url=tel800)%20GO-BEARS](800) GO-BEARS[/url] and press 3 to speak with a Cal Gold Standard Representative.

#GoBears
SBGold
Oh joy
glutton
Who is making the decisions for Cal Athletics? This is such a horrible choice to try to push season ticket renewals on us so early. I hope they receive a lot of backlash from season ticket holders. I refuse to renew before knowing if they make any changes with the coaching staff, but I'll be angry if they raise the renewal ticket price before the season is over.
Pigskin Pete
westcoast101
I suppose that they'd rather ask for renewals now when the team's 4-4 instead of a month from now when the team finishes 4-8 or 5-7.
KoreAmBear
westcoast101 said:

I suppose that they'd rather ask for renewals now when the team's 4-4 instead of a month from now when the team finishes 4-8 or 5-7.

Yes bc Knowlton is known for his impeccable timing
oskidunker
This might be the earliest ever anyone know about last year?
Go Bears!
CAL4LIFE
oskidunker
Good seats in bench backs are available for $38.00. For wsu. Half the face value and not considering the $500;required donation per seat .
. This is not making sense anymore, especially since the donation is not deductible.
Go Bears!
glutton
oskidunker said:

This might be the earliest ever anyone know about last year?
I checked my old emails last night. Renewals definitely did not start until after Thanksgiving last year, late November/early December. I'm curious what the deadline will be to get the lowest price for renewals. This move might burn Cal, as people who are on the fence about renewing might be ticked off by an early deadline and decide to dump their season tickets.
heartofthebear
glutton said:

Who is making the decisions for Cal Athletics? This is such a horrible choice to try to push season ticket renewals on us so early. I hope they receive a lot of backlash from season ticket holders. I refuse to renew before knowing if they make any changes with the coaching staff, but I'll be angry if they raise the renewal ticket price before the season is over.

Maybe they think things will actually get worse
Bobodeluxe
Have you?

I have.
glutton
Bobodeluxe said:

Have you?

I have.
There's no way that I'll renew before the regular season is over. I'm offended that they're even trying to pressure us to renew this early in order to get the best pricing and possible prizes. This might be just the move that pushes me off the fence and makes me decide not to renew after ~25 years of having football season tickets.
maxer
How dare the Athletic Dept try to lock in revenue to fiscally plan for the years ahead.
glutton
maxer said:

How dare the Athletic Dept try to lock in revenue to fiscally plan for the years ahead.
The renewals have been starting earlier and earlier every season. Now, they want us to sign up to auto-renew, so they can take our payment the instant that they decide to start renewals. Last year, renewals started after Thanksgiving at least. Maybe next time, they'll be asking us to renew for the following season before the current season has even started. And they offer very little benefit or appreciation for the season ticket holders. At the very least, the bobble head giveaways should automatically go to season ticket holders, not whichever 10,000 people get to the stadium first.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.