Bye bye Casey Filkins

2,860 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Chapman_is_Gone
CAL4LIFE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Econ141
Losing players on offense even before they arrive on campus. Impressive beau!
Shoreline
can we blame him....McCaffrey is having a monster MVP type year and Cal has the worst offense in D1 football. Justin owns this.
Bobodeluxe
Afraid to compete.
calumnus
Shoreline said:

can we blame him....McCaffrey is having a monster MVP type year and Cal has the worst offense in D1 football. Justin owns this.

Ron Gould, Stanford's RB coach, has put a lot more RBs than McCaffery into the league.

However, this is a kid that had all the Ivy's offering plus the two Oregon schools. Stanford is probably a good fit.

Hopefully our new offensive staff lands someone better (or an OL). We have had good success with JC RBs in the past.

BearoutEast67
We have three other WR commits for 2020 with greater height and speed. At 3 stars and 185-190, kind of a tweener. Not a huge loss to the fading Cardinal, but we want to hold onto our remaining WR commits and our QBs in the class. I have greater concern about there being only 1 OL in the class.
Donate to Cal's NIL at https://calegends.com/donation/
calumnus
BearoutEast67 said:

We have three other WR commits for 2020 with greater height and speed. At 3 stars and 185-190, kind of a tweener. Not a huge loss to the fading Cardinal, but we want to hold onto our remaining WR commits and our QBs in the class. I have greater concern about there being only 1 OL in the class.

We wanted him as a WR? He'll be a RB at Stanford. Ron Gould is listed as his recruiter and reportedly flipped him from us.
Big C
If he wanted to go to Stanfurd that badly, he should've held off on giving us a verbal. I do not wish him well.

BTW, a McCaffrey only comes along once in a generation. I'd be willing to wager he ain't the next one.
PtownBear1
McCaffrey was one of the most coveted high school recruits in the country. Filkens barely cracks the top 1000. He maybe have been a key recruit for us but seems like settling on Furd's part given how they recruit skill players.
Rushinbear
BearoutEast67 said:

At 4.6/4.7, more of an Edelmann type. Would have been good to have, but not over one of the ol recruits still on our board...or two.
wifeisafurd
If Ron Gould wanted him...
Shoreline
Big C said:

If he wanted to go to Stanfurd that badly, he should've held off on giving us a verbal. I do not wish him well.

BTW, a McCaffrey only comes along once in a generation. I'd be willing to wager he ain't the next one.
You're missing my point. Of course he won't end up like McCaffrey. The point is, these high school kids follow the NFL and know what colleges these players went to. It's good advertising for Stanford when a player like McCaffrey balls out. Couple that with our offensive woes and you can see why some kids change schools.
Rushinbear
Shoreline said:

Big C said:

You're missing my point. Of course he won't end up like McCaffrey. The point is, these high school kids follow the NFL and know what colleges these players went to. It's good advertising for Stanford when a player like McCaffrey balls out. Couple that with our offensive woes and you can see why some kids change schools.
I'm thinkin' we were his back up, should he not get into Fraud. Their admissions operation has given hc's gray hair over the years - unpredictable.
calumnus
Rushinbear said:

Shoreline said:

Big C said:

I'm thinkin' we were his back up, should he not get into Fraud. Their admissions operation has given hc's gray hair over the years - unpredictable.

With the admissions director that came in simultaneously with Harbaugh, there is a tacit pre-approval process and the "decision " more a smoke screen for getting recruited over and the coaches withdrawing their support.
Rushinbear
calumnus said:

Rushinbear said:

Shoreline said:

Big C said:

With the admissions director that came in simultaneously with Harbaugh, there is a tacit pre-approval process and the "decision " more a smoke screen for getting recruited over and the coaches withdrawing their support.
another justification for calling it The Fraud.
Chapman_is_Gone
Anybody named Casey belongs at Stanfurd.

No offense to CaseyBear.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.