Okay so what bowl do we go to?

12,388 Views | 75 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by ColoradoBear
Golden One
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BearSD said:

Taking the trolley is fine, even after the game, as long as you hang around inside the stadium for awhile instead of rushing into the line. Much better than driving there.

If you're going to a Holiday Bowl from out of town, stay downtown and take the trolley. (Living here, I like to eat in Old Town or downtown before going to the stadium, leave the car there and take the trolley.) If you can't stand being on a crowded trolley car after the game, take a lyft or uber back to your hotel.

Whatever, but based on my experience, I strongly prefer driving. The trolley is a loser, and I will never take it again.
sonofabear51
Sounds just like the LA Forum. IIRC, there are only 2 entrances to parking, and 2 exits. Last time we were there, we saw ELO. We got lucky leaving, as we were very close to one of the exits. And that happened by chance. It will have to be an event I really want to see to get me in that place again. Of course, ELO is absolutely fantastic, so yes, would consider seeing them there again. LOL
Cal84
sonofabear51 said:

Sounds just like the LA Forum. IIRC, there are only 2 entrances to parking, and 2 exits. Last time we were there, we saw ELO. We got lucky leaving, as we were very close to one of the exits. And that happened by chance. It will have to be an event I really want to see to get me in that place again. Of course, ELO is absolutely fantastic, so yes, would consider seeing them there again. LOL
Completely OT, but ELO is one of those bands that I wasn't very excited about back in the day. But now you listen to it and you think, "Yup, that was good music". I put Steve Miller, Jackson Brown and yes, Slade in that category. OK, so Slade more for comic relief, but still...OK, now I am going to YouTube to go listen to some 70's music...
sonofabear51
BTW, ELO killed it . They were one of the best shows we have ever seen Go if you get the chance. Along the lines of Pink Floyd The Wall, et, all
Pigskin Pete
Golden One said:

BearSD said:

Taking the trolley is fine, even after the game, as long as you hang around inside the stadium for awhile instead of rushing into the line. Much better than driving there.

If you're going to a Holiday Bowl from out of town, stay downtown and take the trolley. (Living here, I like to eat in Old Town or downtown before going to the stadium, leave the car there and take the trolley.) If you can't stand being on a crowded trolley car after the game, take a lyft or uber back to your hotel.

Whatever, but based on my experience, I strongly prefer driving. The trolley is a loser, and I will never take it again.
The Holiday Bowl is the loser and I will happily watch it from home where I don't have to deal with bad access, long lines at the trolley postgame, and bad sightlines.
gobears3000
So now what!
ColoradoBear
Not that it helps too much, but the Pac 12 posted this about the selection process:

The choice of the word 'assigned' for the Sun, LV, and CheezIt Bowl is something I've never seen before (not that I was looking). That's clearly not included for the Redbox, Holiday, and Alamo.

My new thought on UW is that the Pac 12 should try to place them in the Vegas Bowl vs Boise St. Would be a huge chance at a national story. But that requires waiting until they see if Boise makes the NY6, which depends on the Memphis and Boise games tomorrow.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.