What's the 411 on Redbox tickets?

4,541 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Hail2Calif
oobay
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is there a Cal section? Price? Group options?
pierrezo
I was wondering this too. What are the ticket-buying options? Athletic Ticket Office, season ticket-holder deals, Stubhub, Redbox website?
What are the advantages and disadvantages to each?
I'm guessing with ATO, you'll get to sit with mostly Cal fans, but maybe the location won't be the best.
chalcidbear
I think we need to wait a bit. One CAN go directly to the Redbox bowl site now and order tickets, but it is not clear which team is on which sideline (and the tickets available from that site are very expensive).

I'm waiting a day or two to see how things shake out.
pierrezo
Thanks. I'll stay tuned.
eabandit
I just splurged for some tickets on StubHub labeled "VIP". I guess they're VIP because of their proximity to the field? StubHub already updated the Redbox Bowl with a Cal side and an Illinois side so I bought mine on the Cal sideline.
rkt88edmo
eabandit said:

I just splurged for some tickets on StubHub labeled "VIP". I guess they're VIP because of their proximity to the field? StubHub already updated the Redbox Bowl with a Cal side and an Illinois side so I bought mine on the Cal sideline.

Check the details, there were some field club seats at the P12 championship that had food and drink included.
LodeBear
eabandit said:

The VIP section is the 50 yard line. i just bought club tix C117 one section over from VIP. you get extra amenities. i decided not to wait for my coaches club tier tixs tomorrow. i am on the Cal side which is the visitors side when niners play. Go Bears!!
LodeBear
my tix from ATO for the holiday bowls were with other cal fans, but they were not the best seats. goal line and up higher even with my coaches club level. there are 3 tiers. one is ESP and high level donors then tier 2 where i am and tier 3 minimal or no donation. Cal is allotted X amt of tixs to sell. The emerald bowl i bought club tixs from stub hub. price difference was not that great.paid for food but much more specialty food and alcohol as well. did not have to wait in line for bathroom. had a great time and a great win against miami. did not go to cheez bowl as my schedule could not fit it in. so doing the club level again. paid $ 100. for tix and 20 booking fee for 120. a tix. standard field level tix is 125. with no booking fee. Hopefully for others getting tix from ATO they will be level 1 or 2 and not level 3 or 4 nose bleeders. When Cal played oregon on friday nite, my seats were 10 yd line field level about row 30. Had to leave before 10 pm, beginning of 4th qtr., since i took cal bus from fremont bart and going back got on the last bart out of fremont. was the last person out at the walnut creek station. Drving this time early early. Go Bears!!
JollyBear
I just picked up two tickets from Ticketmaster in Section C114 for $125 each. They were re-sale tickets. The other tickets in C114 were listed from $175-350, so I guess the trick is just waiting to find a listing from a reasonable reseller.

I've never been to Levi's, so I don't know what amenities come with these "club seats."
ducky23
I almost always buy thru ATO for bowl games, just because I want to sit with other cal people.

However, for this game, I'm fairly sure no matter where I sit, there will be plenty of cal fans around me. Waiting for stubhub prices to drop is definitely the way to go
antonioferrante001
Hello everyone! My name is Antonio and I work for Levi's Stadium in the groups department. I have access to heavily discounted tickets for groups of 20 or more on the CAL side of the stadium. Give me a call or shoot me an email if you still need tickets!

antonio.ferrante@49ers-smc.com
408-673-2058
Golden One
oobay said:

Tickets from the Cal ATO are in sections 113 through 127 in the lower level on the Cal side of the field. Endzone seats are $44, corner seats are $54, sideline seats are $79. Club seating is $129, and premium club seating is $154.
calbear289
Golden One said:

oobay said:

Tickets from the Cal ATO are in sections 113 through 127 in the lower level on the Cal side of the field. Endzone seats are $44, corner seats are $54, sideline seats are $79. Club seating is $129, and premium club seating is $154.
Just got the email too. Pricing from the ATO seems reasonable, but I think I'll be able to get them cheaper on the secondary market.
LMK5
Golden One said:

oobay said:

Any ideas where the $79 seats are located?

Are all the club seats on the lowest deck?
Golden One
LMK5 said:

Golden One said:

oobay said:

There are club seats in the second deck, but they are not being sold by the ATO. The $79 seats are from the 30 yard line to the far endzone behind the Cal bench, so they span the 50-yard line. They are assigned based on priority points.
LMK5
Golden One said:

LMK5 said:

Golden One said:

oobay said:

There are club seats in the second deck, but they are not being sold by the ATO. The $79 seats are from the 30 yard line to the endzone behind the Cal bench. They are assigned based on priority points.
I saw this reference to priority points in the email from Cal Athletics. Can you explain what that is? I don't have an account with Cal and am not a season ticket holder. Does that mean I would get the most undesirable seats within each category?

Also, did they tell you what the "worst case location" would be for the $79 seats?

Thanks a bunch.
oskidunker
I would not buy from cal. You might get row 1. Go to a site where you know what you are buying. Cal needs to be more transparent and have it in line where you can go in and pick a seat. Otherwise pretty soon no one will buy from them. Its not like it will be sold out This procedure is old, antiquated and unacceptable.
Go Bears!
LMK5
oskidunker said:

I would not buy from cal. You might get row 1. Go to a site where you know what you are buying. Cal needs to be more transparent and have it in line where you can go in and pick a seat. Otherwise pretty soon no one will buy from them. Its not like it will be sold out This procedure is old, antiquated and unacceptable.
I agree they should show you exactly what you are getting. I could have sworn that during the regular season you picked out the exact seats you were buying. Maybe for the bowl game they don't have the seats in hand, only the quantity for each seat type?
oskidunker
Years ago you bought from Cal because you were afraid of a sellout . Bowls don't come close so why should you pay without knowing what you will get, unless sitting with other Cal fans is the main goal.

In 1986 the basketball team got an invitation to the Nit. First post season since 1960. We were ecstatic. I went to buy tickets and was told they only were selling to season ticket holders so I bought season tickets which I still have. There was bedlam and huge lines. Harmon had limited capacity and we were afraid of being shut out.

First football bowl was The Copper Bowl in Arizona. Similar frenzy. We bought from Cal . They included a wonderful tailgate. Tines have changed. Twice as many bowls. Less fans.
Go Bears!
Hail2Calif
Golden One said:

LMK5 said:

Golden One said:

oobay said:

There are club seats in the second deck, but they are not being sold by the ATO. The $79 seats are from the 30 yard line to the far endzone behind the Cal bench, so they span the 50-yard line. They are assigned based on priority points.
When I called the ATO, they told me Cal's $154 Tix were sections 114--116 and 215-217. The $129 Tix were sections 117-119 and 218-219.

Apparently in ordering, you could state your preferences (2nd deck/1st deck), higher or lower rows, and they would try to accommodate based on priority points.

So I took at chance and decided to order from the Cal ATO. This is the first time I've done so since the 2008 USC game - after which I swore I would never do that again as I preferred being able to watch a game less than 50 yards from the back of the endzone.

Hoping my willingness to support Cal's efforts to meet their ticket commitment gets me decent seats in the bottom half of the 2nd deck - see you all December 30th!

Go Bears!
OldenBear
Hail2Calif said:

Golden One said:

LMK5 said:

Golden One said:

oobay said:

When I called the ATO, they told me Cal's $154 Tix were sections 114--116 and 215-217. The $129 Tix were sections 117-119 and 218-219.

Apparently in ordering, you could state your preferences (2nd deck/1st deck), higher or lower rows, and they would try to accommodate based on priority points.

So I took at chance and decided to order from the Cal ATO. This is the first time I've done so since the 2008 USC game - after which I swore I would never do that again as I preferred being able to watch a game less than 50 yards from the back of the endzone.

Hoping my willingness to support Cal's efforts to meet their ticket commitment gets me decent seats in the bottom half of the 2nd deck - see you all December 30th!

Go Bears!
just one point - the 2008 game, away at the Coliseum, was probably the worst seats I've ever had. Long time season ticket holder, and I traveled to a bunch of away venues. Typically the seats you'd get thru the Cal ATO aren't great - BUT you can't really blame Cal for that. They can only give you the seats they've been allocated. And $C is a particularly great example. At some point (maybe 2006??) the $Cumbags down there decided to change the visitors seating, and the opposing fans wound up waaay behind the bleachers on the peristyle end, off in the corner. Our seats in 2004 were behind the endzone (west?) and somewhat decent.

So if you'd prefer seating amongst other Cal fans, you can do the university a favor by buying thru them. Just don't expect great seats, anywhere. Helps to donate and increase your priority points - but not much.
LMK5
Hail2Calif said:

Golden One said:

LMK5 said:

Golden One said:

oobay said:

Go Bears!
Thanks for the info. Strange that Cal sells sections 118 and 119 as club seats ($129.00) because they aren't club seats according to the seating chart.
muddlehead1
$129 and $154 for a ticket to a game in which the stadium will be lucky to be 1/4 full seems insane to me. Just getting old, I guess.
oskidunker
Prices are going down. Wait a while. Check Stubbhub. Saw 35 yd line for $66 plus fees on illinois side. Gone now but they have over 1800 tickets. Plus tick master
Go Bears!
LMK5
Also, if you look at Stubhub they are not selling any of the sections that Cal is selling, at least in the sideline areas. I would think at some point Cal will start moving tickets to Stubhub where they will hopefully sell below Cal's price point.

Any of you go to the Cheez-It bowl? Do you remember at what price the better sideline seats settled out at?
Golden One
Hail2Calif said:

Golden One said:

LMK5 said:

Golden One said:

oobay said:

Go Bears!
Interesting, because the ATO told me today that all of the Cal tickets were in the lowest level, which is the 100 level. The 200 level is the second level. They also said that Cal was selling tickets from section 113 to section 127. Guess it's too much to expect the Cal ATO to deliver consistent information.
oskidunker
So whats the deal with parking? Can you buy on game day? Stub hub wants over $60.
Go Bears!
Hail2Calif
Golden One said:

Hail2Calif said:

Golden One said:

LMK5 said:

Golden One said:

oobay said:

Go Bears!
Interesting, because the ATO told me today that all of the Cal tickets were in the lowest level, which is the 100 level. The 200 level is the second level. They also said that Cal was selling tickets from section 113 to section 127. Guess it's too much to expect the Cal ATO to deliver consistent information.

Well, that would be most disappointing. Hoping my guy was right and yours was wrong. Gulp
ducky23
If anyone is considering buying from ATO, here is one perk (and someone can correct me if I'm wrong about this)

But ATO charged me a $2 fee per ticket. If you buy thru Ticketmaster, it's over $30 fee per ticket for a similarly priced ticket. So there's that.

Edit: just looked, ticket fees on Ticketmaster vary depending on price of ticket. Most expensive tickets do have $30+ fees. The $75 tickets have $20 fees.
GBear1955
At suggestion of cal club rep I bought 2 club premium for 154 each. $2 fee. Thru ATO. He stated they are on 50 yard line. Parking link is now available for $30 at blue lot one, which is a tailgate permitted area. Price $40 later.
Pigskin Pete
muddlehead1 said:

$129 and $154 for a ticket to a game in which the stadium will be lucky to be 1/4 full seems insane to me. Just getting old, I guess.
Or smarter
YamhillBear
ducky23 said:

If anyone is considering buying from ATO, here is one perk (and someone can correct me if I'm wrong about this)

But ATO charged me a $2 fee per ticket. If you buy thru Ticketmaster, it's over $30 fee per ticket for a similarly priced ticket. So there's that.

Edit: just looked, ticket fees on Ticketmaster vary depending on price of ticket. Most expensive tickets do have $30+ fees. The $75 tickets have $20 fees.
$20-$30+ fees feel sh*tty, but obviously it's the total that matters. I do my best to not think about StubHub's cut and just look for the best deal. By the way, on StubHub you can use a setting to have it show you prices including fees, rather than showing those base prices, definitely helpful...
LMK5
YamhillBear said:

ducky23 said:

$20-$30+ fees feel sh*tty, but obviously it's the total that matters. I do my best to not think about StubHub's cut and just look for the best deal. By the way, on StubHub you can use a setting to have it show you prices including fees, rather than showing those base prices, definitely helpful...
You can also set a price alert on Stubhub.
oskidunker
Most seats for sale on stub hub are below row 10. How are the low seats in this stadium? I know they lowered the field during the Memorial remodel but I have heard that below row 15 on the 20 yd line, you can notvsee well at the other end.

Also wondering how many rows in the levy lower level and why no higher ones for sale.
Go Bears!
Golden One
oskidunker said:

Most seats for sale on stub hub are below row 10. How are the low seats in this stadium? I know they lowered the field during the Memorial remodel but I have heard that below row 15 on the 20 yd line, you can notvsee well at the other end.

Also wondering how many rows in the levy lower level and why no higher ones for sale.
There are 37 rows on the lowest section of Levi's Stadium. The first 10 rows are terrible for viewing the opposite end of the field. The second deck has 23 rows, and tickets in that level are available on Ticketmaster.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.