So are there any rumors on replacement OCs?

29,148 Views | 184 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by GBear4Life
Bear19
How long do you want to ignore this user?
OaktownBear said:

The biggest issue is that Lupoi is not coming back so the constant talk about what we should do if he ever wants to is humiliating.
Like a bad case of jock itch on FG. No matter what happens, his groupies just keep talking about how "great" he was and if only Cal would hire him all our troubles would automatically disappear. We just can't get rid of this coaching fungus on FG.
GBear4Life
Lupoi will be a successful HC one day
calumnus
GBear4Life said:

Until he gets caught.
82gradDLSdad
GBear4Life said:

Based on what? I'm not convinced that he's showed great coaching chops at any of his stops. He can recruit, I'll give him that.
Cave Bear
82gradDLSdad said:

GBear4Life said:

Based on what? I'm not convinced that he's showed great coaching chops at any of his stops. He can recruit, I'll give him that.
Lupoi was a good DL coach here. Tyson Alualu, Cam Jordan, Derrick Hill, Ernest Owusu, Rulon Davis, Aaron Tipoti, Trevor Guyton, Kendrick Payne, Mika Kane, Austin Clark, Deandre Coleman all were coached by Lupoi.

Of course being a capable position coach says very little about what kind of HC a coach would make, but once upon a time Tosh wasn't just a recruiting hack.
GBear4Life
82gradDLSdad said:

GBear4Life said:

well if you listen to many on this board, apparently all HCs do anyways is recruit and pick coordinators that do everything
CALiforniALUM
82gradDLSdad said:

GBear4Life said:

Just depends on how big your coffee cup is.

rkt88edmo
calumnus said:

Two key Tosh attributes: youth and tech savvy are slipping away. He was 26 when he became a coach at Cal. He is 38 now? 18 year olds do not think 38 year olds playing video games are cool.

Gotta disagree, just spent a number of months with some early 20 somethings and other than the social having moved to gram, young dudes gaming (and loving finding old dudes to game with them) is still most definitely a thing.
Joker
rkt88edmo said:

calumnus said:

Two key Tosh attributes: youth and tech savvy are slipping away. He was 26 when he became a coach at Cal. He is 38 now? 18 year olds do not think 38 year olds playing video games are cool.

Gotta disagree, just spent a number of months with some early 20 somethings and other than the social having moved to gram, young dudes gaming (and loving finding old dudes to game with them) is still most definitely a thing.
All right, youngster. Let's show you how the old man does it on Pong!
Joker
SoCalie said:

Pigskin Pete said:

SoCalie said:

71Bear said:

I fully expect Wilcox to select a guy with whom he is familiar or a guy who receives a strong recommendation from someone whose opinion is highly valued by Wilcox.
What about Kiesau?
Why do you people have such low standards?
How would Kiesau reflect having low standards?
Because it is a low standards hire? He's not even a full OC at Boise. The only thing that is a positive on his offensive coordinator resume is that the offense for a mediocre Washington team in 2013 was pretty good, but he was also working under an offensive head coach which makes you wonder how much control he had.

Coaches with 20 years of experience that are only co-offensive coordinators in a mid-major football conference are not ascending in their career. It is a totally uninspired hire that smacks of "memories of the good old days."
GBear4Life
calumnus said:

GBear4Life said:

Until he gets caught.
gets caught being a good HC?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.