Biggest Furd cheater?

8,857 Views | 84 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by GivemTheAxe
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Chabbear said:

My three year old loved the 1991 Rocketeer movie. He had Rocketeer jammies and we got the VHS tape and had to watch it over and over. Fun times.

We're all friends here. We know whose jammies they were.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
dimitrig
Big C said:

dimitrig said:

BearsWiin said:

Uncle did some pickup shots for Career Opportunities while waiting for T2 to ramp up. Said she was one of the most beautiful women he'd ever met, and in his decades in Hollywood he'd met a lot

I don't know anyone who worked with her but I can imagine that. Having many friends in the industry two names from different eras come up a lot as far as being beauties who turn everyone's heads when they enter a room:

Jaclyn Smith in the early 1970s which is not really a huge surprise

Jodie Foster which... well, she did have a guy try to kill Reagan for her so maybe also not a surprise

Also mentioned are Halle Berry and Michelle Pfeiffer (duh!)

From the younger generation Charlize Theron

Lots of people have said Jodie Foster is just insanely beautiful. Too bad she plays for the other team.

Jodie Foster? Never her that one before, although I am a huge admirer of her fluency in French. Maybe she's such a good actor that she is totally convincing in all those non-beautiful people roles.

Wait, did she go to Stanfurd? She must be cheating at being beautiful (or non-beautiful)!

No, she went to Yale and she is very attractive - apparently even more so in person. I've never had the pleasure of being in her presence. I bring her up precisely because no one would really include her in a list of classic beauties and yet people who have worked with her describe her as one of the most beautiful women they have ever met. Maybe it's her eyes.

Hei Bei
dimitrig said:

Big C said:

Wait, did she go to Stanfurd? She must be cheating at being beautiful (or non-beautiful)!

No, she went to Yale and she is very attractive - apparently even more so in person. I've never had the pleasure of being in her presence. I bring her up precisely because no one would really include her in a list of classic beauties and yet people who have worked with her describe her as one of the most beautiful women they have ever met. Maybe it's her eyes.

https://i.etsystatic.com/19964380/r/il/d15a45/1907137688/il_1588xN.1907137688_6jlr.jpg

You think we could convert her? We've got a good team.
01Bear
Bear19 said:

Well, here is a somewhat contrasting view regarding the MLB cheating "scandal." It's OK to steal signs from 2nd base, but not with a camera? As long as we pretend it's 1908 "if you ain't cheatin you ain't tryin" is OK?

All MLBB needs to do is what the NFL had been doing for a long time: just use radios. It isn't that hard. OH NO, WE CAN'T DO THAT! BASEBALL MUST PRETEND IT'S 1908, NO SUCH THING AS RADIOS EXIST!

And other than the gamblers who lost a bundle on these games, who cares?

No wonder MLBB is headed into irrelevantcy. The whole thing is laughable.

It boils down to "rules are rules." Sports, almost by definition, have arbitrary rules by which everyone agrees to abide. The problem here isn't so much that the Astros used cameras to steal signals per se, as much as they violated the rules by which everyone agreed to play. In doing so, they damaged the integrity of the game.

From a business perspective, if there is no integrity in a sporting event, then why should anyone even bother to watch it? There are much more exciting or interesting alternatives (e.g., super hero movies, video games, professional wrestling). Without fan interest, there really is no revenue.
82gradDLSdad
01Bear said:

Bear19 said:

Well, here is a somewhat contrasting view regarding the MLB cheating "scandal." It's OK to steal signs from 2nd base, but not with a camera? As long as we pretend it's 1908 "if you ain't cheatin you ain't tryin" is OK?

All MLBB needs to do is what the NFL had been doing for a long time: just use radios. It isn't that hard. OH NO, WE CAN'T DO THAT! BASEBALL MUST PRETEND IT'S 1908, NO SUCH THING AS RADIOS EXIST!

It boils down to "rules are rules." Sports, almost by definition, have arbitrary rules by which everyone agrees to abide. The problem here isn't so much that the Astros used cameras to steal signals per se, as much as they violated the rules by which everyone agreed to play. In doing so, they damaged the integrity of the game.

From a business perspective, if there is no integrity in a sporting event, then why should anyone even bother to watch it? There are much more exciting or interesting alternatives (e.g., super hero movies, video games, professional wrestling). Without fan interest, there really is no revenue.

If there is little integrity in a sporting event will anyone pay to watch? That's a very interesting question. I think people would pay to watch and 'be a part' of a lot more integrity-lacking events than you think. FANatic seems to imply a certain lack of reasonableness.
BearsWiin
dimitrig said:

BearsWiin said:

Uncle did some pickup shots for Career Opportunities while waiting for T2 to ramp up. Said she was one of the most beautiful women he'd ever met, and in his decades in Hollywood he'd met a lot

I don't know anyone who worked with her but I can imagine that. Having many friends in the industry two names from different eras come up a lot as far as being beauties who turn everyone's heads when they enter a room:

Jaclyn Smith in the early 1970s which is not really a huge surprise

Jodie Foster which... well, she did have a guy try to kill Reagan for her so maybe also not a surprise

Also mentioned are Halle Berry and Michelle Pfeiffer (duh!)

From the younger generation Charlize Theron

Lots of people have said Jodie Foster is just insanely beautiful. Too bad she plays for the other team.

I've heard the opposite about Michelle Pfeiffer, which surprised me. Can't remember which Beethoven movie I worked on, but I worked with a bunch of guys who had just come off of Batman Returns and been around her during shooting. They said she looked completely different before she got all her makeup on, unrecognizable.

Uncle also had very nice things to say about Lynda Carter. As for me, the most impressive was Jeri Ryan. Worked at Paramount in 1996 near where they were doing Voyager. She was absolutely stunning
PalyBear
... As for me, the most impressive was Jeri Ryan. Worked at Paramount in 1996 near where they were doing Voyager. She was absolutely stunning
_____

7 of 9 Cal fans agree
brcal69
Back to the Stanford Cheaters: How about Jessica Mendoza who indirectly condones the Houston cheating:
https://mlb.nbcsports.com/2020/01/16/jessica-mendoza-bashes-mike-fiers-for-spilling-the-beans-on-sign-stealing/
TheFiatLux
Hei Bei said:

dimitrig said:

Big C said:

You think we could convert her? We've got a good team.

Hmmm.... seems we have a Redbox Bowl level team.
calgldnbear
brcal69 said:

Back to the Stanford Cheaters: How about Jessica Mendoza who indirectly condones the Houston cheating:
https://mlb.nbcsports.com/2020/01/16/jessica-mendoza-bashes-mike-fiers-for-spilling-the-beans-on-sign-stealing/

Figures. Apparently cleaning up the game is NOT paramount to cheating. Another Furd loser
01Bear
82gradDLSdad said:

01Bear said:

Bear19 said:

If there is little integrity in a sporting event will anyone pay to watch? That's a very interesting question. I think people would pay to watch and 'be a part' of a lot more integrity-lacking events than you think. FANatic seems to imply a certain lack of reasonableness.

Sure, some folks would probably still watch. But most would likely tune out and opt for something more spectacular, like WWE or CGI films/TV. People performing athletic feats at the edge of human abilities pale in comparison to CGI renderings visually.
01Bear
calgldnbear said:

brcal69 said:

Figures. Apparently cleaning up the game is NOT paramount to cheating. Another Furd loser

Umm, you either included an extra "not" or forgot to include it.
UrsaMajor
82gradDLSdad said:

01Bear said:

Bear19 said:

Following Bear19's logic, let's go back to the pre-1900 rules of baseball where the batter could call for a pitch to be either high or low and fast or slow. Eliminates the need for signs.
bearister
That is Jodie Foster's face photoshopped over a model's face.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
ColoradoBear
brcal69 said:

Apparently she works for the Mets in addition to ESPN.

Hope she get booted from the booth for that conflict of interest.
GivemTheAxe
ColoradoBear said:

brcal69 said:

Apparently she works for the Mets in addition to ESPN.

Hope she get booted from the booth for that conflict of interest.

Imagine, a pundit that goes knives out after a whistle blower.
Glad that happens only in sports and that it doesn't happen in politics where whistleblowers are entitled to statutory protection. ;-)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.