Biggest Furd cheater?

8,832 Views | 84 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by GivemTheAxe
ColoradoBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Tiger Woods? 100+ women and a funky penalty drop in the masters...

OR...
ColoradoBear
AJ Hinch, Houston Astros' sign stealing manager?
ColoradoBear
Star your vote, or add your own!

(Yep I'm just whoring for stars okaydo style!)
KenBurnski
AJ Hinch!?
AunBear89
Shayne Skov
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
ColoradoBear
The creator of the Stanford performance enhancing glove?
Oski87
Elizabeth Holmes, who decided that accuracy did not matter in medical device production when you were trying to create buzz for the market...
bearister
Richard Boone. He was a cheat, robber and murderer in Hombre and Big Jake.

....and Jennifer Connelly stole our hearts.

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
StillABear1
1. Leland Stanford, the infamous Robber Baron
2. Elizabeth Holmes
3. AJ Hinch, now the former manager of the Astros.
GivemTheAxe
StillABear1 said:

1. Leland Stanford, the infamous Robber Baron
2. Elizabeth Holmes
3. AJ Hinch, now the former manager of the Astros.

And the winner is.....Leland Stanfurd the Robber Baron extraordinarie.

Not only did he rip off the US taxpayers and various land owners. But he also ripped off Ellen Colton, the widow of one of his partners. David Colton.
Finally he was at least partially responsible for the deaths of many of the Chinese immigrants blasting his way through the Sierra Nevada.
Big C
ColoradoBear said:

The creator of the Stanford performance enhancing glove?

Maybe not the creator of The Glove, but the person who realized that they could cleverly use it as a front to cover up their massive PED use for several years.
CAL4LIFE
Biggest Furd Cheater? The Furd band has been cheating real music and performance for far too long.
Big C
David Shaw:

- SHOCKED that anybody would insinuate that players' notable gains in muscle might be aided by PEDs.

- SHOCKED that anybody would accuse Shayne Skov of being a dirty player. It wasn't even called a penalty!

- SHOCKED that anybody would question the replay booth overturning 3 Cal touchdowns on one drive.
TheSouseFamily
Another strong entrant to the Biggest Furd Cheater contest.

BearGoggles
I'm going to go with Eric Abrams. Either him or Ted Bundy.

https://www.sfgate.com/sports/article/The-lives-of-Eric-Abrams-3090351.php
bearister
Oski87 said:

Elizabeth Holmes, who decided that accuracy did not matter in medical device production when you were trying to create buzz for the market...

Do you think her cell mate will make her blink in the Federal penitentiary?

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
OzoneTheCat
I never liked Casey Jacobsen. He cheated throughout his college basketball career, had a face made for pizza and flamed out as a top 25 pick into the NBA. Ugh...he makes me sick to my stomach.
calumnus
David Starr Jordan, first president of Stanford. A racist advocate of eugenics (author of "Blood of a Nation") who inspired Hitler almost certainly murdered Jane Stanford in Hawaii to take control of the university and lead it away from "free education for Californians" toward the elitist model it would become.
JimSox
calumnus said:

David Starr Jordan, first president of Stanford. A racist advocate of eugenics (author of "Blood of a Nation") who inspired Hitler almost certainly murdered Jane Stanford in Hawaii to take control of the university and lead it away from "free education for Californians" toward the elitist model it would become.

Whoa. That's a good one. Never heard that story before. Is all that true???
OldenBear
GivemTheAxe said:

1. Leland Stanfurd, the infamous Robber Baron
........................................................(stuff snipped by me) ......

I take no small solace in the fact that Leland Stanfurd's personal engine, Jupiter, taken to the Promontory Point event, was trimmed out in blue, with some gold ..... too much red on it for my taste, though

82gradDLSdad
bearister said:

Richard Boone. He was a cheat, robber and murderer in Hombre and Big Jake.

....and Jennifer Connelly stole our hearts.

I vote for Jennifer Connelly, for anything.
wifeisafurd
OzoneTheCat said:

I never liked Casey Jacobsen. He cheated throughout his college basketball career, had a face made for pizza and flamed out as a top 25 pick into the NBA. Ugh...he makes me sick to my stomach.
Good announcer however.
calumnus
BearGoggles said:

Brock Allen Turner, the Stanford swimmer who raped an unconscious girl he found on campus, was convicted on three counts of sexual assault but served only 3 months because the judge, a former captain of the Stanford lacrosse team, "didn't want to ruin his life."
OldenBear
calumnus said:

BearGoggles said:

Brock Allen Turner, the Stanfurd swimmer who raped an unconscious girl he found on campus, was convicted on three counts of sexual assault but served only 3 months because the judge, a former captain of the Stanfurd lacrosse team, "didn't want to ruin his life."

... or, maybe the judge involved.

Gee, seems to be no shortage of candidates, hmmm?
calumnus
JimSox said:

calumnus said:

Whoa. That's a good one. Never heard that story before. Is all that true???

He had motive and orchestrated the cover-up:
https://thetruecrimefiles.com/jane-stanford-murder/

https://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/sociopolitica/esp_sociopol_depopu64.htm

https://www.pausd.org/sites/default/files/Appendix%205%20Timeline%20of%20the%20emergence%20of%20Eugenics%20and%20David%20Starr%20Jordan%27s%20role%20in%20it.pdf

https://www.stanforddaily.com/2016/12/07/stanfords-history-with-eugenics/
wifeisafurd
JimSox said:

calumnus said:

Whoa. That's a good one. Never heard that story before. Is all that true??
Possibly.

Starr Jordan was also a Director of the Sierra Club and prominent member of the Bohemian Club. Jane Stanford disliked his politics, and had set in motion firing Starr right before she died of a mysterious poisoning death. Stanford had been the subject of a poisoning attempt in San Francisco, and then had fled to Hawaii. Star Jordan then wrote after her death from the same cause in Hawaii to the Stanford's board of trustees offering several alternate explanations for Stanford's death, suggesting they select whichever would be most suitable. The alumni magazine, to its credit, has has several articles on Stanford's death and her difficult relationship with Starr Jordan. The magazine even went so far as to suggest that in addressing the Board, Starr Jordan had a personal motive to eliminate suspicions that have swirled around her death. He continued on as President and then Chancellor, was eventually let go by the Board, and then publicly turned against the school.

The early history of Furd is turbulent. Mrs. Stanford was quite accepting of women undergrads, but at the insistence of Starr, Stanford placed a cap on the number of coeds to in Starr Jordan's words preserve the school's academic reputation (there is a view that in those days his assessment was correct). Stanford also fired several of Starr's protges who led the yellow fever attacks, and outlining eugenics policies directed against Asians and other racial groups. Mrs. Stanford was censured by the American Assoc. of Professors for violating academic freedom and tenure rights. Again, the alumni magazine has been very transparent with stories about these events.
oskioski
Christine Blasey Ford
oskioski said:

Christine Blasey Ford
calgldnbear
Isn't the meaning of the word

Stanfurd = Rotten Arrogant Cheater
CALiforniALUM
calumnus said:

Crap. I went to David Starr Jordan Junior High School and that was followed up by my High School having an Indian as a mascot. I never fit in until college.
NeverOddOrEven
Thread of the year. Any time we can aggregate Stanfurd skulduggery is a good time.
hanky1
The greatest cheaters are the ones who cheat but are so delusional they don't even realize they're cheating.

Elizabeth Holmes is a good one. Yusi Zhao Is another good one.

calumnus
hanky1 said:

The greatest cheaters are the ones who cheat but are so delusional they don't even realize they're cheating.

Elizabeth Holmes is a good one. Yusi Zhao Is another good one.

When asked how he defeated a polygraph test, George Costanza replied "It's not a lie if you BELIEVE it is true."
01Bear
calumnus said:

BearGoggles said:

Brock Allen Turner, the Stanford swimmer who raped an unconscious girl he found on campus, was convicted on three counts of sexual assault but served only 3 months because the judge, a former captain of the Stanford lacrosse team, "didn't want to ruin his life."

The basfurd* even tried to appeal the original conviction! Fortunately, the appellate court panel was not swayed by the B.S. argument.

*Basfurd, n. an extraordinarily @ssholey alumnus of that junior university in Palo Alto, California.
XXXBEAR
The Tree-the worst mascot of all time...
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.