Isaiah Humphries going after Penn State, Franklin...

4,086 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by GMP
GoBears89
How long do you want to ignore this user?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2871329-james-franklin-psu-players-named-in-isaiah-humphries-lawsuit-alleging-hazing
B.A. Bearacus
Quote:

"He claims his alleged tormenters would wrestle victims to the ground, then shove their genitals in the victims' faces or between their buttocks and hump them," Miller wrote. "Those who resisted were bullied, he contends. Hazers also stole their targets' clothes, Humphries says."

As for Franklin and the coaching staff, Humphries said they would have him do drills they knew he couldn't complete after he reported the hazing and spoke negatively about him to other programs after he elected to transfer.
dajo9
Is this kind of thing common in the sports world, because, umm, I don't get it.

EDIT - I read the full article. Accuses Penn State players of saying "I'm going to Sandusky you". Unbelievable.
Grigsby
It's pretty extreme. Most hazing rituals used to be about testing toughness. So for example we would dead leg freshmen or run people through the gauntlet. The crazier hazing was turning the seniors loose on the Freshmen with the lights out and ripping sone hair out.

Granted this was before society became litigious.

Sexual harassment has never been an accepted practice.
NYCGOBEARS
Stunning accusations, if true. The comments section... oh lawd.
FloriDreaming
So many questions. Not the least of which is - why would the hazers WANT to do this??? (Cuz no, wanting to do that sort of thing is not even on the same continent as "normal.")

Those rapists need to be removed from society. There's no situation where wanting to do that sort of thing is not psychotic.
heartofthebear
I wish we were playing Penn St. sometime in the next few years. At safety, Humphries could dole out some punishment.
Big C
Uthaithani said:

So many questions. Not the least of which is - why would the hazers WANT to do this??? (Cuz no, wanting to do that sort of thing is not even on the same continent as "normal.")

Those rapists need to be removed from society. There's no situation where wanting to do that sort of thing is not psychotic.
They probably want to do it because they had it done to them when they were freshmen. It's a tradition!

Sounds like something out of the UC Davis Aggie Band.
bear2034
Penn St. can't get away from Sandusky no matter how hard they try. They're Sanduskying themselves.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/28484451/former-nittany-lions-player-files-federal-lawsuit-james-franklin-penn-state-hazing
bear2034
LACalFan
oskirules said:

And you know we can trust Pedo St to police themselves. SMH
HungryCalBear
This sounds really bad. If there were multiple "victims" then there must be more people willing to testify. I hope he has a great career at Cal and that this won't cause a distraction.

Whatever happened to that girl who tried to sue our coaching staff last year???
Rushinbear
dajo9 said:

Is this kind of thing common in the sports world, because, umm, I don't get it.

EDIT - I read the full article. Accuses Penn State players of saying "I'm going to Sandusky you". Unbelievable.
Sandusky?! There's something bad wrong at Penn State. Something deep.
calbearinamaze
Two questions came quickly to mind (after I threw up. that is)

*Have the perps acted out in the classroom? (That's assuming they go to classes)
*Have they acted out against any unfortunate females?
Calcoholic
After everything that went down at Penn State, you'd think they'd have the place on virtual lockdown for the next couple of decades, trying to make sure no new scandals occur while they rebuild their reputation. I thought the same about USC after all of their sanctions and scandals. But no, sometimes the bad behavior almost seems to be in an institution's DNA.

Sandy Barbour, what in the world are you doing to collect that paycheck?
calbearinamaze
Calcoholic said:

After everything that went down at Penn State, you'd think they'd have the place on virtual lockdown for the next couple of decades, trying to make sure no new scandals occur while they rebuild their reputation. I thought the same about USC after all of their sanctions and scandals. But no, sometimes the bad behavior almost seems to be in an institution's DNA.

Sandy Barbour, what in the world are you doing to collect that paycheck?
Exactly...PSU should be the proverbial last school where this s**t would happen,
Sonofafurd
oskirules said:

Penn St. can't get away from Sandusky no matter how hard they try. They're Sanduskying themselves.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/28484451/former-nittany-lions-player-files-federal-lawsuit-james-franklin-penn-state-hazing

Sure they can. They could avoid recruiting players who think the Sandusky legacy is funny, empowering, or arousing.
01Bear
Sonofafurd said:

oskirules said:

Sure they can. They could avoid recruiting players who think the Sandusky legacy is funny, empowering, or arousing.

Or they can change the culture at the school and not worship their football team, accept that Joe Paterno was no saint (but rather an enabler of a rapist pedophile), and put students' (and kids') safety first.
Bear19
01Bear said:

Sonofafurd said:

oskirules said:

Or they can change the culture at the school and not worship their football team, accept that Joe Paterno was no saint (but rather an enabler of a rapist pedophile), and put students' (and kids') safety first.
Doesn't appear that Penn State has any inclination to do either of those two alternatives. Not surprised. Hope they get clobbered in court.
mbBear
01Bear said:

Sonofafurd said:

oskirules said:

Right. Because they didn't change every person involved. The link between the prior horrendous demon and this alleged incident is what exactly based on your involvement with Happy Valley?
And you wouldn't give your right arm to have a sold out Golden Bear crazy stadium?
Big C
Sonofafurd said:

oskirules said:

It might not be quite that simple: Pretty good chance most of the players allegedly involved in this had not done something similar before Penn State (or at least wouldn't admit to it) and, prior to matriculating, would have replied "No!" if asked if they found the Sandusky legacy to be funny, empowering or inspiring.
Rushinbear
mbBear said:

01Bear said:

Sonofafurd said:

oskirules said:

The link between the prior horrendous demon and this alleged incident is what exactly based on your involvement with Happy Valley?
And you wouldn't give your right arm to have a sold out Golden Bear crazy stadium?
Tell us that didn't come out the way you meant. Please.
01Bear
mbBear said:

01Bear said:

Sonofafurd said:

oskirules said:

Right. Because they didn't change every person involved. The link between the prior horrendous demon and this alleged incident is what exactly based on your involvement with Happy Valley?

Huh?

I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to say there.

Also, are you accusing me if being connected to Pedo State? If so I have no idea where in the hell you got that idea. I suggest you lay off the crack pipe.*

*My accusation is just as unwarranted as yours, at least I hope you're not smoking crack.
GMP
mbBear said:

01Bear said:

Sonofafurd said:

oskirules said:

No, I wouldn't. Are you insane?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.