Vegas stadium opening could be delayed

2,902 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by oskidunker
philbert
How long do you want to ignore this user?
In case you have plans to attend the Cal-unlv game in August

https://www.denverpost.com/2020/01/14/raiders-nfl-stadium-roof-delay/
okaydo
Vinny is pretty knowledgable. He's covered the building of 2 stadiums: The Rams and Raiders.

golden sloth
That last tweet about sums it up.

I've worked on large construction projects the last 8 years while representing the Architect and the one thing I've learned is that nobody outside of the Contractor knows what is really going on, but unfortunately you can't always trust the Contractor to either know the true extent of their progress / delays or to be honest about reporting it.
philbert
Agreed. I'd like to see what the project's critical path looks like.
GivemTheAxe
philbert said:

It would just be awful if the stadium is not ready for Raiders on time. The Raiders would then have to find another home for its first few games. Oh Boo hoo.
Signed
Ex-Raider fan
BGolden
They say it'll be done on time.

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2020/jan/16/allegiant-stadium-still-on-schedule-roof-hiccup/
Bear19
Wow, what a shock! The contractor is going to be late! No! Impossible!

If they have grass & goal posts by the time the Bears play there that will be a major accomplishment.
Calfan92
read somewhere that the Raiders play on grass, but UNLV will play on artificial turf. Is there a plastic field floating above the grass field?
Fyght4Cal
Calfan92 said:

read somewhere that the Raiders play on grass, but UNLV will play on artificial turf. Is there a plastic field floating above the grass field?
The Raiders' natural grass field will be on a "tray" that they slide in and out of the stadium on game days, similar to the one at University of Phoenix Stadium in AZ. It's discussed in this video:

Patience is a virtue, but I’m not into virtue signaling these days.
bearister
Mark Davis announced yesterday that Nicky Santoro has been named head of the Las Vegas Raiders Media Relations Dept.

When asked by media outlet representatives how he would handle negative coverage should the Las Vegas Raiders struggle in their first season in their $2 billion dollar stadium Mr. Santoro responded:

"A lot of holes in the desert, and a lot of problems are buried in those holes. But you gotta do it right. I mean, you gotta have the hole already dug before you show up with a package in the trunk. Otherwise, you're talking about a half-hour to 45 minutes worth of digging. And who knows who's gonna come along in that time? Pretty soon, you gotta dig a few more holes. You could be there all fu@ckin' night."

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Chapman_is_Gone
GivemTheAxe said:

philbert said:

It would just be awful if the stadium is not ready for Raiders on time. The Raiders would then have to find another home for its first few games. Oh Boo hoo.
Signed
Ex-Raider fan

Similarly, may the Chargers' rental stadium be delayed, and may a large steel beam fall on the heads of the entire Spanos family (who happen to all be walking together). Any spawn under 18 excepted.
oskidunker
So where would the Cal game be played if the stadium not ready? Old unlv stadium?
Go Bears!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.