DE recruits 2019

2,218 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by heartofthebear
Rushinbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?

There's a lotta DE recruits and a few others here and there on the 2019 Offers list who don't have a commitment registered to their name. It's reported that we've got a coupla rides available in 2019. What's the thinking on filling the 2019 rides, if we can get someone we really want, vs saving them for next year, maybe to balance out the classes?
heartofthebear
Van Fillinger is committed to Utah
Jason Harris is committed to Colorado
Kenny Mestidor is committed to UCLA
Joe Moore is committed to ASU
Sav'ell Smalls is committed to Washington
Tuli Tuipulotu is committed to USC
Regan Terry is committed to Arizona

At QB:
CJ Stroud is committed to Ohio St.
Kenzel Lawler is committed to Utah

At WR:
Connor O'Toole is committed to Utah

At LB:
Kaden Johnson is committed to Wisconsin
Noah Sewell is committed to Oregon
Tate Romney is not interested and is rumored to be going to BYU

At DB:
Markell Esteen is committed to Washington
Ayden Hector and Omari Porter are committed to Furd
Ramon Henderson is committed to Notre Dame
Elias Ricks is committed to LSU
Kelee Ringo is committed to Georgia
Lathan Ranson is committed to Ohio St.
Nate Ritchie is committed to Utah

So, in summery, every single other pac-12 school got some of our remaining targets with the exception of OSU and WSU. Otherwise, guys went to some of the top programs in the country.

I got this information from another website.
Folks on this website are volunteers and don't spend a great deal of time updating it.

Note: I did not check every case, just those with a decent rating. There may be some lower rated guys still available. If you have any particular guys you are curious about, let me know and I can look them up to see if they are still uncommitted.

Bobodeluxe
Redbox dividend?
Big C
Guys suddenly become available, guys that we never offered or were even on our target lists. Justin Forsett, D-Rob are examples. Staff will keep their ears to the ground.
Rushinbear
heartofthebear said:

At QB:

At WR:

At LB:

At DB:

So, in summery, every single other pac-12 school got some of our remaining targets with the exception of OSU and WSU. Otherwise, guys went to some of the top programs in the country.

Folks on this website are volunteers and don't spend a great deal of time updating it.

Note: I did not check every case, just those with a decent rating. There may be some lower rated guys still available. If you have any particular guys you are curious about, let me know and I can look them up to see if they are still uncommitted.

Thanks for the update. I appreciate it. I don't have anyone in mind. It just seemed like there were several guys whose committed column was blank and wondered how many/any still in play.

My feeling is that with the quality of our class as it stands, it might be better to save those rides for next year. Some coach once said that it's not the kids you don't get but the ones you do get who can't play.

Now, if there's a sleeper out there, by all means. A kid that no one else knows is eligible this year instead of next. Hmmm, wonder who might've come in via that route.
wifeisafurd
Some thoughts (not inside knowledge). Cal reached its desired threshold of 2020 recruits after landing some of their most desired recruits (e.g,, Rodgers). They have a couple spots left for grad transfers, transfers or recruits who switch their mind. This has be a major fit in terns of position depth, personality, etc. In the case of the offense, it also probably meant filling coaching positions first, since the new guys have to make the decisions for offense players. Clearly Wilcox held back the spots for a reason. He always has a reason for what he does. so Cal likely is not done yet.
Beardog26
Agreed, there is nearly always a well-considered reason for JW's actions.
heartofthebear
Rushinbear said:

heartofthebear said:

At QB:

At WR:

At LB:

At DB:

Thanks for the update. I appreciate it. I don't have anyone in mind. It just seemed like there were several guys whose committed column was blank and wondered how many/any still in play.

My feeling is that with the quality of our class as it stands, it might be better to save those rides for next year. Some coach once said that it's not the kids you don't get but the ones you do get who can't play.

Now, if there's a sleeper out there, by all means. A kid that no one else knows is eligible this year instead of next. Hmmm, wonder who might've come in via that route.
Check this out for DEs and other positions available through the transfer portal-
https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/TransferPortal/

You can select specific teams as well.
It looks like Furd is losing a pretty good number through transfers.
There are some good OLs from USC, UCLA and Furd that we could use at Cal
heartofthebear
wifeisafurd said:

Some thoughts (not inside knowledge). Cal reached its desired threshold of 2020 recruits after landing some of their most desired recruits (e.g,, Rodgers). They have a couple spots left for grad transfers, transfers or recruits who switch their mind. This has be a major fit in terns of position depth, personality, etc. In the case of the offense, it also probably meant filling coaching positions first, since the new guys have to make the decisions for offense players. Clearly Wilcox held back the spots for a reason. He always has a reason for what he does. so Cal likely is not done yet.
Yes
As I posted above with link, there are some interesting transfer prospects, just within the pac-12 conference who I could see being eligible to come to Cal. Personally I hope we land an OT or 2. After last season, I feel we can never be too stocked at OL.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.