2020 Schedule

4,000 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Cave Bear
oskidunker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How does utah get three week day games?
Go Bears!
ColoradoBear
oskidunker said:

How does utah get three week day games?

Well they actually chose to have their BYU game during the week, so it doesn't really count.

The P12 had 8 weeknight conference games in their TV contract, so on average 8 of 12 teams host and 8 of 12 teams play road games, so on average 4 of 12 would play a home and road game on a weekday.

ColoradoBear
GivemTheAxe said:

ColoradoBear said:

oski003 said:

We will have a huge advantage in the Pac-12 Championship game because we will have already played at Allegiant Stadium.
Plus UCLA the week beforehand is on a Friday not a Saturday.

Fiesta Bowl, here we come!

Wow. We are to buy tickets for Fiesta Bowl before winning a single game.
ColoradoBear puts me to shame. And I thought I was the supreme Sunshine
Pumper.
He is not just drinking the Kool-Aid. He is swimming in it.

Well it was more of a joke that since the Rose Bowl is hosting the semis this year, Cal could win the conference and be bumped to the Fiesta.

Also, don't buy tickets to the Fiesta Bowl early. This year the 'get in the door price' for the Sugar Bowl was $6. $10 for the Cotton. Fiesta Bowl will probably be similar next year as in years it's not a semifinal, there just aren't that many well traveling teams to prop up ticket sales.
Hail2Calif
Instead of thinking of the Friday after Thanksgiving game as a CON...

If this season goes the way I hope, with a shot at a Pac-12 Conference Championship Game berth still in play that late in the season, then us having an extra day of recovery after beating the Bruins would benefit us - and the impact on attendance is not likely to be that different regardless if its played Friday or Saturday.

Yes, sunshine pumping and tis only January, lol
Cave Bear
Hail2Calif said:

Instead of thinking of the Friday after Thanksgiving game as a CON...

If this season goes the way I hope, with a shot at a Pac-12 Conference Championship Game berth still in play that late in the season, then us having an extra day of recovery after beating the Bruins would benefit us - and the impact on attendance is not likely to be that different regardless if its played Friday or Saturday.

Yes, sunshine pumping and tis only January, lol
I like your view of it, the extra day of rest would be nice if we do make the championship game -- and I believe we will win the North, health permitting
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.