Justin Wilcox's predecessor named the new head coach at Baylor

3,066 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by UrsineMaximus
okaydo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A Mexican-American from SoCal is now the head coach of Baylor. Congrats!

GoCalBears
wasnt he considered for the hc before cal picked dykes?
calBlitz
GoCalBears said:

wasnt he considered for the hc before cal picked dykes?
No. He was Dyke's primary choice for DC.
bluehenbear
The thread title implies that Baylor has hired Dykes.
bluehenbear
From football scoop:

Quote:

SMU: Sonny Dykes shared today that he's had the opportunity to talk with other schools and declined, and when asked specifically about Baylor, Sam Blum tweets that Dykes shared; "I love being at SMU, I love our players. I love the administrationand so I'm really comfortable where I am. And like I've said, I'm not interested in making a move."

Liar, liar pants of fire.
okaydo
bluehenbear said:

From football scoop:

Quote:

SMU: Sonny Dykes shared today that he's had the opportunity to talk with other schools and declined, and when asked specifically about Baylor, Sam Blum tweets that Dykes shared; "I love being at SMU, I love our players. I love the administrationand so I'm really comfortable where I am. And like I've said, I'm not interested in making a move."

Liar, liar pants of fire.

AXLBear
You're not off the mark. When we hired Sonny, some on this board were listing him as a candidate
WavyBear
Any chance that DeRuyter gets hired as his DC? Wilcox connection. Texas connection. Hell Wilcox has him running Arandas defense here already.
510 Bear
WavyBear said:

Any chance that DeRuyter gets hired as his DC? Wilcox connection. Texas connection. Hell Wilcox has him running Arandas defense here already.
Hate to say it, but if we expand that to "odds that DeRuyter gets hired as DC at one of the many power-5 programs higher on the pecking order than Cal", chances are high (though not 100% if you account for the chance that, like Wilcox, he may like it here and want to stay put).

The good news is that I'm sure we'll at least not fall off a cliff if someone grabs him - our remaining staff should be able to keep it going.
okaydo
Who really is the brains behind our defense?
UrsineMaximus
okaydo said:

Who really is the brains behind our defense?
Weaver.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.