What are you looking for in Spring Practice?

1,812 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 89Bear
BearGreg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Players, changes in schemes, newcomers . . .?
Po
BearGreg said:

Players, changes in schemes, newcomers . . .?
No injuries
KenBurnski
Oh I do declare this is the finest post I ever did see. Agreed x10000000001
Cave Bear
Everything the offense runs. Packages, formations, plays, crispness of execution.
heartofthebear
I always like seeing who is going to emerge.
I think this off-season there is going to be quite a bit of competition in the interior 5 of our defense on all levels--DL, LB and DB. In general I want to see young guys on defense really stepping up to provide competition and depth. I also want to hear that these guys are looking like they took the next step:

Deng ILB
Anusiem DB
Draydon DB
Scott DB
Smith DB
Humphries DB
Croteau OLB/DE
Maldonado NG
Cherry DE
Johnson DT

I really hope that Fuimaono is removed from the missing persons list and has a great spring.

We need some kickers to emerge, both P and PK.

On offense, I'd like to hear good things about our back up QB competition and I'd like to hear DeCarlos Brooks name spoken in excited tones.

And of course I like hearing how our early entrants are doing. I can't remember specifics but I think we have some of our more exciting offensive skill position players showing up for spring. So that will be cool.

UrsineMaximus
Open competition at all positions.

Possible OL: LT - Craig, LG -Nisich, C - Cindric, RG - Mettauer, RT - Curhan; and a solid 2-deep (yeah I know there will be no depth chart in the Spring) w/o too much overlap of the same player(s) at multiple (did I really just use that word) positions. Which one of the youngins is gunna compete for PT?

Player development and hopefully several will flash on the DLine. Where's Siu (he's still on the roster) and will he be back?? DL: DE - B Johnson, NG - Maldonado, DE - Z Johnson.

Deng at OLB.

The competition for starts could be at its highest in the Wilcox era, so this should be an interesting Spring. And as already stated good health for all.

Reality is that Spring will be mostly getting the offense in and tons of developmental work for the young guys.
Goobear
Saffell at C. Not Cindric. He will be a guard next year. Obviously will get reps at Center when possible so he can take that spot the following year. Saffell has potential for NFL so leaving him out is a massive oversight imo.
71Bear
The only thing that truly matters is good health coming out of spring. Everything else is secondary. Of course, it would be nice to find someone who can reliably kick the ball through the goalposts when necessary....
Hei Bei
71Bear said:

The only thing that truly matters is good health coming out of spring. Everything else is secondary. Of course, it would be nice to find someone who can reliably kick the ball through the goalposts when necessary....
Plus fans hardly ever learn anything from spring practice and most of the conclusions they come to are wrong. It'll be an opportunity for Musgrave to start installing his offense and hopefully it won't overwhelm them with info.

You never learn anything until the first competitive game of the season. Might be TCU, might not be until Utah.
CAL4LIFE
Riq Johnson's return.

89Bear
Musgrave-Garbers relationship.
Brown ready to be a star RB in the conference?
Early entrants.
Linebackers.
Safeties.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.