Wilner: Cal 3 decades

1,621 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by OdontoBear66
okaydo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Eastern Oregon Bear
That was a good read!
Chabbear
Cal's mission is to educate and have their students be successful in their chosen field. Obviously we do that in many areas, including football. Football Championships ... not so much.
82gradDLSdad
Brains (Cal and Furd) and hard work (Cal) count...even in football. Cheating (SC) Trump's all.

Ha, spell check changed trumps to Trump's.
Richmondbear2
Any way to get around the paywall?
okaydo
Richmondbear2 said:

Any way to get around the paywall?

I'm not a subscriber and I was able to read it. Maybe if you click on the article from the tweet it'll work for you.
wifeisafurd
When you look back at the JT years and appreciate the talent level, you get the sense they underperformed to some degree. Thanks for posting the article.
calumnus
wifeisafurd said:

When you look back at the JT years and appreciate the talent level, you get the sense they underperformed to some degree. Thanks for posting the article.

To a very large degree. The reasons are many.
CALiforniALUM
Tedford's disciple reigns
We are on an up swing
Roses are reachable

-Ancient Haiku
91Cal
calumnus said:

wifeisafurd said:

To a very large degree. The reasons are many.
@calalumnus, would you count U$C cheating as an underperforming reason?

(Even if yes, there are many, many others...)
OdontoBear66
wifeisafurd said:

Wasn't just JT wife.....Three decades. He was nowhere to be found in the 1990s. Snyder, Tedford, and Dykes I do believe. Credit where credit is due. The pinnacle to me was the early 90s before we lost Snyder to the Bockrath debacle. Those were the most impressive Cal teams with Pawlawski and Co. back to the mid 70s and then back to Pappy's boys. JT was great in the first 4-5 years but then totally lost my respect when he tried to float his Blackhawk mortgage with big contracts and marginal players in his last five years. Good man gone bad. Eye came off the ball.

BTW, I truly believe we have the best ever right now, just not played out to fruition. JW is a good, good man.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.