Tony Franklin narrows his choices

1,848 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by calumnus
71Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ASU, UW, UO, USC, Bama and LSU are his finalists.

Hopefully, he takes his four star ranking (Rivals) to the SEC.

On the other hand, Lonyetta Alexander (3 star Rivals) listed Cal among his final six.
hanky1
Was Tony Franklin going to return to Cal? Wilcox is going Air RAID?
okaydo
Just saw his video

DWM81
TROY Franklin would have been a tough pull. Some insiders seemed to get excited that he might select the Bears. Would have been a great star in our '21 Class. At least we were in the conversation...
Rushinbear
DWM81 said:

TROY Franklin would have been a tough pull. Some insiders seemed to get excited that he might select the Bears. Would have been a great star in our '21 Class. At least we were in the conversation...
You'd love to have him, of course, but what would you have to promise in order to get him? After years of recruiting, I can't shed my cynicism. I'm sure he's a great kid who's just looking out for his considerable best interests (short term).

At least, it frees up a lotta recruiting time that can be devoted to great kids for whom we have a good chance.
71Bear
DWM81 said:

Thanks DWM. I appreciate your correction....
calumnus
Rushinbear said:

DWM81 said:

You'd love to have him, of course, but what would you have to promise in order to get him? After years of recruiting, I can't shed my cynicism. I'm sure he's a great kid who's just looking out for his considerable best interests (short term).

At least, it frees up a lotta recruiting time that can be devoted to great kids for whom we have a good chance.

He's a local kid and I doubt he or any coaches are getting on airplanes anytime soon. The coaches probably have a lot of time on their hands. I doubt he is taking any time away from Cal recruiting anyone else. Let's hold off on casting aspersions until it's all said and done.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.