Relive the 2019 Win in Seattle

628 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by LunchTime
Bearly Clad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
2019 California vs. UW hype video released today. About 5 minutes long and f***ing clean

SBGold
I was there, a long night but I met Weav's parents and Tevin Paul's during the long break, a fun trip for sure!
HateRed
I was there too. Went from Poulsbo to Seattle and endured a horrible thunderstorm and pouring rain. Husky stadium is one of the worst stadiums to watch a football game. We were so high up in the stands we may as well have been up in the clouds, no pun intended. Probably one of the most fun games I've attended because we won. Watching a thunderstorm in Poulsbo right now.
Marty
I've been going to Cal games since I was a toddler in the mid-60s, and have been to most of the PAC-12 stadiums at least once. I traveled to Seattle for this one, and will never forget it. A surreal atmosphere, and my friends and I debated whether to just pack it in during the 3-hour delay, especially with the periodic PA announcements sounding less than confident that play would resume. When it finally did, more than 40,000 fans had decided to go home, so the vibe during the last 3 quarters was strange to say the least. Husky Stadium is pretty sterile to begin with, so it was like watching a game within a huge, nearly empty refrigerator.

Especially after struggling against a weaker team the week prior, things didn't look encouraging for the Bears, who essentially sleepwalked through the first three quarters. Somehow, they flipped a switch, and began to play heady, opportunistic football, and simply out gutted the Huskies. Weaver, Garbers, Crawford, Dancy, and Brown simply would not be denied. The catch and run by Crawford to set up the winning score was reminiscent of Steve Rivera, and Brown's touchdown appeared to seal the deal with less than a minute left. Of course, the refs, apparently UW alumni, decided that despite pretty clear evidence to the contrary, that it was NOT a touchdown, requiring Cal to kick a short field goal to win. It was cold, wet, and 1:30 AM by that time, so even though it was essentially an extra point, given how the evening/morning had gone, was still nerve wracking. And Cal still had to kickoff to the Huskies with about 10 seconds left. Fortunately, after a weak Husky attempt to recreate "The Play", the Bears closed the deal. Every one of the players and coaches who participated can always take pride in this game, and the way they overcame adversity to chalk up a huge win in the most adverse of circumstances.
LunchTime
Someone should do a video with the live game thread commentary. That would be fun.

Trim the game to the plays that get 2+ comments.
Page 1 of 1

Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.