Furd to lead UC

2,427 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by LunchTime
okaydo
How long do you want to ignore this user?

71Bear
Interesting...

He is the Chair of the NCAA Board of Governors. A couple days ago, I read some comments he made while testifying before a US Senate Committee regarding a variety of topics.

Quite frankly, I don't think the Regents could have found a more experienced, well-rounded educational leader. IMO, he is an excellent choice to lead the University system. Best wishes to him.....
MugsVanSant
Here is an ophthalmologist who is not going to practice medicine. How did all that medical education prepare him to be the president of the University of California? What a waste!
Blueblood
MugsVanSant said:

Here is an ophthalmologist who is not going to practice medicine. How did all that medical education prepare him to be the president of the University of California? What a waste!

Oh, put a sock in it, will ya!

Drake is not a furd because he is a UCSF MD grad.

And, he was on the UCSF faculty for 20 years. Nte also he opened professional health schools at UCI. He may not have practiced medicine as long as you liked but think instead of all the doctors and heath professionals (like nurses) educated!

God, I hate dumb a$$es.
ColoradoBear
Interesting comments on an tOSU football blog about him.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-athletics/2020/07/114988/michael-drake-selected-as-president-of-the-university-of-california-becoming-first-black-leader-in-school-s

Sounds like they're still bitter about urban being suspended by Drake.
I Bear
MVS, what exactly is your issue with Dr. Drake? Did you even bother to read his credentials? The MAN is legit!
okaydo
I Bear said:

MVS, what exactly is your issue with Dr. Drake? Did you even bother to read his credentials? The MAN is legit!

I thought he was being sarcastic.
GivemTheAxe
MugsVanSant said:

Maybe With his background he will be able to help some posters on BI see the error of their ways.

Seriously folks, he may have graduated from Stanfurd but he has spent a lot of time at UCSF and UC Irvine. Maybe he will come to a realization of his misspent youth Down on the Farm. Cal is always willing to welcome back the Prodigal Son. ( so to speak)

My only gripe is that he must "Take off that Red tie"
Some friend should clue him in. Maybe even buy him a new tie. Blue and gold are the colors of the University.
goldenchild
ColoradoBear said:

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-athletics/2020/07/114988/michael-drake-selected-as-president-of-the-university-of-california-becoming-first-black-leader-in-school-s

I was expecting much worse from that comment board, but mostly positives, no? IMO, the biggest get for this besides 1) that he has plenty of experience with UC and 2) understands running a medical enterprise, is that the legislature will respond very favorably to him. While I think Janet wasn't as bad of a leader as many claim, she did made a lot of enemies in both CA's houses, labor / social justice coalitions, and the public.
sp4149
GivemTheAxe said:

My only gripe is that he must "Take off that Red tie"
Some friend should clue him in. Maybe even buy him a new tie. Blue and gold are the colors of the University.
Looks like the colors of
THE OHIO STATE
71Bear
ajm9191 said:

ColoradoBear said:

I was expecting much worse from that comment board, but mostly positives, no? IMO, the biggest get for this besides 1) that he has plenty of experience with UC and 2) understands running a medical enterprise, is that the legislature will respond very favorably to him. While I think Janet wasn't as bad of a leader as many claim, she did made a lot of enemies in both CA's houses, labor / social justice coalitions, and the public.
It is evident that the OSU posters have no clue regarding how UC functions (not that I would expect them to). The day the UC President gets involved in the selection or termination of a sports coach at a UC campus is the day he/she should be marched out the door....
goldenchild
71Bear said:

ajm9191 said:

ColoradoBear said:

It is evident that the OSU posters have no clue regarding how UC functions (not that I would expect them to). The day the UC President gets involved in the selection or termination of a sports coach at a UC campus is the day he/she should be marched out the door....
Well, he did get our current law school dean fired (and then rehired) when both were at Irvine.
Oski87
I hope he builds a new medical
School in the east bay. Sutter needs competition.
GMP
ColoradoBear said:

Drake has been battling whispers about being urban for years. But he started from the bottom and now he's here.
LunchTime
okaydo said:

I Bear said:

I thought he was being sarcastic.
Saying medical education was a waste because he cant use it is almost certainly sarcasm.

People on this board would probably kill themselves in a place like the UK.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.