Texas high school football may not happen this year.

1,861 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by XXXBEAR
Bobodeluxe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Michael Hinojosa, the Dallas Independent School District Superintendent, goes deep state

"As coronavirus cases continue to surge in Texas, the state could also be facing the unthinkable: no high school football in the fall.

That is at least according to Michael Hinojosa, the Dallas Independent School District Superintendent, who told MSNBC on Thursday morning that he has significant doubts the sport will be able to be played this season amid the pandemic."
75bear
That would get people's attention.
Fyght4Cal
Huge, if true.
Patience is a virtue, but I’m not into virtue signaling these days.
GranadaHillsBear
75bear said:

That would get people's attention.

Maybe his will be the wake up call for the selfish and ignorant to finally put on the masks and stay apart from each other. The conservative politicians, especially the Lt Governor, was ok with sacrificing the elderly for the economy and reopened the state. Now look where we are.
UrsusTexicanus
No high school football in Texas? The Apocalypse is coming. Repent!
Creeping Incrementalism
Quote:

The conservative politicians, especially the Lt Governor, was ok with sacrificing the elderly for the economy and reopened the state. Now look where we are.
Versus California, where we sacrificed the economy. Now look where we are, basically hoping for a federal bailout of the state economy. And chances are likely the elderly will get it anyway.
dimitrig
Creeping Incrementalism said:

Quote:

The conservative politicians, especially the Lt Governor, was ok with sacrificing the elderly for the economy and reopened the state. Now look where we are.
Versus California, where we sacrificed the economy. Now look where we are, basically hoping for a federal bailout of the state economy. And chances are likely the elderly will get it anyway.

Texas is just lagging California. Their economy was also hard hit and it may get worse. They are also relying on federal money to fund their local governments.

"Gov. Greg Abbott warns if spread of COVID-19 doesn't slow, 'the next step would have to be a lockdown'."

(Source: https://www.texastribune.org/2020/07/10/greg-abbott-shutdown-texas-mask-order)

"The Texas economy is not immune to the pandemic. In fact, the state's economy will be hit even harder than the world and the rest of the United States due to the simultaneous downturn in the oil industry."

(Source: https://assets.recenter.tamu.edu/Documents/Articles/2273.pdf)

"Texas economy faring one of the worst during the COVID-19 pandemic, study finds."

"Texas ranks 14th from the bottom in the U.S."

"Texas' mortgage delinquency was 9.7% - 9th highest - and unemployment was 13% - 18th highest."

"The 5 states suffering the worst most are Nevada, Hawaii, Michigan, New Jersey, and Rhode Island."

"The 5 states faring the best are South Dakota, North Dakota, Montana, Idaho, and Nebraska."

(Source: Texas economy faring one of the worst during the COVID-19 ...cbsaustin.com news local texas-economy-faring-o...)

How does California compare? Well, California is 10th worst - with 6.73% mortgage delinquency and 16.3% unemployment. Florida is 8th worst.

(Source: https://infogram.com/br-housing-hardship-index-1h8n6mdnxnom6xo)

burritos
Wow. I would think they would outlaw guns before stopping football.
TomBear
Teams are on the field practicing, at least in the hill country. I'm talking FULL practice.
bearister
TomBear said:

Teams are on the field practicing, at least in the hill country. I'm talking FULL practice.

All part of God's Plan. Anything bad that comes of it will happen for a reason. At least they will always have that.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
XXXBEAR
Don't politicize it. The 5 day nationwide Floyd riots played a part. We'll get through it as we always have.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.