Youth sports postponed in Orange County

1,109 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Cal84
72CalBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.ocregister.com/2020/07/09/county-of-orange-defends-messaging-about-youth-sports-postponement/

I got this message relayed to me while hosting a private community swim meet in Newport Beach. Many parents were confused about "which" youth sports and activities were in fact postponed, although it was clear that high school level teams were. It's been a mixed bag fiasco viewing how all the fall high school sports teams have been trying to get ready for the fall season. Restrictions and regulations, LA Co and Orange Co for example, have created much confusion. As you parents may know, several teams have been very "creative" is finding the right way to practice and where. An example is high school water polo where fall training involves training, but no passing the water polo ball, and shooting into a goal without a goalie. Swimmers are in the ocean. Football players in the parks. Coaches are obviously perplexed and yet from my point of view, they are keenly aware that our kids health is paramount. No high school football in Texas? That just about does it.
Fyght4Cal
America, as we know it, is coming to an end. It's up to the youth to make the country and world that they want.
Patience is a virtue, but I’m not into virtue signaling these days.
Cal84
A lot of these sports would have been doable if we had driven new cases to under 1,000 per day. But when it's going in the opposite direction and hitting 65k per day...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.