REPLACEMENT GAMES

2,049 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by blungld
RedlessWardrobe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quick question. Do you folks think the 3 dropped non conference games will be replaced by the 2 missing Pac12 opponents or will the conference only add 1 of the 2 to make it a 10 game schedule?
wifeisafurd
Same as the Big 10, the objective will be to try to get at least 10 games. Probably will be determined by where the Pac states are virus wise by the Pac's self-imposed deadline to get schedules out. I'm hearing there may be some flex scheduling, such as open weeks in case rescheduling has to occur. While my preference is to play all conference opponents, that probably is too optimistic unless there is significant improvement in COVID numbers.
RedlessWardrobe
thanks for the update. Honestly, its not that's drastic of an issue, 10 or 11. I guess leaving at 10 makes a little more sense leaving the schedule ever so slightly weighted by division.
oskidunker
Cal bears still shows no adjustment of the schedule.
Go Bears!
71Bear
oskidunker said:

Cal bears still shows no adjustment of the schedule.
Of course not. They have no idea what the revised schedule will look like until it is announced towards the end of July.
oskidunker
They know there wont be the first three games
Go Bears!
LunchTime
oskidunker said:

They know there wont be the first three games
oOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo

Got em!
BearPatrol
Everyone is in a holding pattern... if things improve toward the end of July we will get some clarity. Otherwise expect some delays.
calbear80
Somehow, I think we would be lucky if we can play a full nine game season (conference games only). As of now, things are not looking good and each day we receive more bad news.

Let us hope....

Go Bears!
Bobodeluxe
"It's going to disappear. One day, it's like a miracle, it will disappear."
blungld
Bobodeluxe said:

"It's going to disappear. One day, it's like a miracle, it will disappear."
Like all Trump quotes, it's true if you wait long enough and toss it onto some other situation. In this case, it refers to the football season.

I don't think it will be played at all, but can you imagine the mess if they play one or two games and THEN have to stop and send everyone home?

Just keep it clean and organized. Play in Spring.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.