NFL Sunday Central

3,702 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by sycasey
B.A. Bearacus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A very welcome return...

Broadcast TV in the Bay Area:
10am (CBS): Vegas @ Carolina
10am (Fox): Seattle @ Atlanta
1:25pm (Fox): AZ @ Niners

5:20pm (NBC): Cowboys @ Rams

Game of special note: 10am, Packers @ Vikings. Rodgers' first game after Packers drafted a QB in the first round.

Early CBS:

Early Fox:

Looks like an AQI map, but is not. Late Fox:

B.A. Bearacus

okaydo
Hanky1 is right. Rodgers sucks.
okaydo
B.A. Bearacus said:

A very welcome return...

Game of special note: 10am, Packers @ Vikings. Rodgers' first game after Packers drafted a QB in the first round.

Early CBS:

Early Fox:

I'm watching nfl RedZone on my 65 incher and the Green Bay game on my 12.9 iPad.

Why does la get the Green Bay game and not Nirthern california???
B.A. Bearacus
Aaron Rodgers:
19/28, 201yds, 2tds

Hanky:
71Bear
okaydo said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

A very welcome return...

Early CBS:

Early Fox:

I'm watching nfl RedZone on my 65 incher and the Green Bay game on my 12.9 iPad.

Because we hate the Seahawks and LA doesn't care about pro football.
B.A. Bearacus
National AQI similar to Fox late game map. Lots of people watching Bucs vs. Saints with good air.

hanky1
B.A. Bearacus said:

Aaron Rodgers:
19/28, 201yds, 2tds

Hanky:

This may surprise many of you but I'm actually rooting for Rodgers. He's one of my favorite players. I'm glad he's finally listened to my criticism and started working hard again and not be entitled so that he can finally start playing up to his talents.
hanky1
Ron Rivera was down 17 points but is storming back.
B.A. Bearacus
Aaron's latest State Farm commercial:

okaydo
okaydo said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

A very welcome return...

Early CBS:

Early Fox:

Whenever the packers play in SoCal, it's pretty crazy. I guess that's why,
B.A. Bearacus
okaydo
I'm rooting for Ron and against the guy Goff is compared to.

B.A. Bearacus
Would anyone on here be upset if the Las Vegas Football Team went 0-16 this year?
72CalBear
Lotsa Goff t-shirts around Long Beach this morning. I tried a couple of "Go Bears!" and got funny looks.
okaydo
Okay, I want Tom Brady to lose and cam Jordan to win and the saints to lose.
prospeCt

philbert

hanky1
Tyrod Taylor looks awful. Too bad for Keenan. At least he got his new contract.
hanky1
Damn Goff looks good so far
sycasey
49ers offense looked really rough with all the WR injuries.
m2bear
sycasey said:

Huh?

You could have had Rice, Moss, and Cliff Branch out there... and Jimmy G. still wouldn't be able to get it to them. He has a noodle arm and a scattered brain.

He's the worst qb in the NFL.
sycasey
m2bear said:

sycasey said:

Huh?

You could have had Rice, Moss, and Cliff Branch out there... and Jimmy G. still wouldn't be able to get it to them. He has a noodle arm and a scattered brain.

He had flashes but didn't look great either.
burritos
B.A. Bearacus said:

Would anyone on here be upset if the Las Vegas Football Team went 0-16 this year?
because notre dame didn't lose to duke
okaydo
Aaron Rodgers won.
Jared Goff won.
Cam Jordan won.
Ron Rivera won.

49ers lost.

What a great weekend.
82gradDLSdad
m2bear said:

sycasey said:

Huh?

Regarding "noodle arm"... The first half year Jimmy was with the 49ers I thought his arm was great. It was loose and quick and strong. Since then his throwing motion has gotten tight. Shorter arm stroke but tighter and with less velocity. I'm guessing that was a conscious effort so that he's less of a gun slinger but to me he throws and plays tight. It's probably part of the reason he doesn't take a lot of chances throwing to his wideouts. They were not good yesterday but he doesn't do them any favors.
sycasey
82gradDLSdad said:

m2bear said:

sycasey said:

Huh?

Regarding "noodle arm"... The first half year Jimmy was with the 49ers I thought his arm was great. It was loose and quick and strong. Since then his throwing motion has gotten tight. Shorter arm stroke but tighter and with less velocity. I'm guessing that was a conscious effort so that he's less of a gun slinger but to me he throws and plays tight. It's probably part of the reason he doesn't take a lot of chances throwing to his wideouts. They were not good yesterday but he doesn't do them any favors.

I also wonder if that knee injury affected his mechanics.
91Cal
sycasey said:

82gradDLSdad said:

m2bear said:

sycasey said:

Huh?

I thought the same thing, but I see more of the issue with the decision making, including perhaps some confidence...especially when the game is on the line. I have said it before that his skills are very good, but he doesn't seem to have "it" that puts the team on his back.
sycasey
91Cal said:

sycasey said:

82gradDLSdad said:

m2bear said:

sycasey said:

Huh?

I thought the same thing, but I see more of the issue with the decision making, including perhaps some confidence...especially when the game is on the line. I have said it before that his skills are very good, but he doesn't seem to have "it" that puts the team on his back.
That's also been off and on. The Super Bowl seems to have erased everyone's memory of this, but he had several late game-winning drives last season (Pit, NO, Ariz, LA) and also during that first half year as you mentioned.

But he needs to step it up this season with the WRs out and the defense likely to regress a bit. First game was not encouraging.
B.A. Bearacus
Recap of our boy Aaron's excellent day.

okaydo
okaydo

91Cal
sycasey said:

91Cal said:

sycasey said:

82gradDLSdad said:

m2bear said:

sycasey said:

Huh?

That's also been off and on. The Super Bowl seems to have erased everyone's memory of this, but he had several late game-winning drives last season (Pit, NO, Ariz, LA) and also during that first half year as you mentioned.

But he needs to step it up this season with the WRs out and the defense likely to regress a bit. First game was not encouraging.
In those, he played well within the offense...almost everything was underneath.

- @AZ - Longest pass on the last drive was for 11 yards...all others under 10 yards in the air;
- @NO - longest pass in the air on the last drive was for 7 yards (25 YAC + 15 yd facemark penalty) and he was 1 for 3 for 8 yards outside of that big gainer to Kittle...that play was all Kittle!
- The win at LA was truly exceptional...two longer balls to Bourne (18 yds) and Sanders (33 yds), but he also took two sacks

All that said he did do well against Seattle in the last game, making the clutch pass.

I see the common thread that he operates well within the offensive system albeit a system that relies on a strong running game and better than average receivers, but if the system breaks down he has neither the decision making nor ability to overcome...

The defense carried the team much of the year, particularly through the NFC playoffs, but had its challenges as well...the shootout in NO, the late drive to ATL (Kittle's fumble in FG range negated a likely FG to put the game out of reach score and time-wise), 31 points to LAR (their second highest output of 2019).

I mention this to acknowledge that the 49ers' performance and Win-Loss is in no way all on Garrapolo, but his salary should be delivering a more consistent and higher level of performance.
sycasey
91Cal said:

sycasey said:

91Cal said:

sycasey said:

82gradDLSdad said:

m2bear said:

sycasey said:

Huh?

In those, he played well within the offense...almost everything was underneath.

- @AZ - Longest pass on the last drive was for 11 yards...all others under 10 yards in the air;
- @NO - longest pass in the air on the last drive was for 7 yards (25 YAC + 15 yd facemark penalty) and he was 1 for 3 for 8 yards outside of that big gainer to Kittle...that play was all Kittle!
- The win at LA was truly exceptional...two longer balls to Bourne (18 yds) and Sanders (33 yds), but he also took two sacks

All that said he did do well against Seattle in the last game, making the clutch pass.

I see the common thread that he operates well within the offensive system albeit a system that relies on a strong running game and better than average receivers, but if the system breaks down he has neither the decision making nor ability to overcome...

The defense carried the team much of the year, particularly through the NFC playoffs, but had its challenges as well...the shootout in NO, the late drive to ATL (Kittle's fumble in FG range negated a likely FG to put the game out of reach score and time-wise), 31 points to LAR (their second highest output of 2019).

I mention this to acknowledge that the 49ers' performance and Win-Loss is in no way all on Garrapolo, but his salary should be delivering a more consistent and higher level of performance.
Yeah so far he's looking like an average to slightly above-average QB (depending on circumstances) but definitely not elite (and also not the worst in the NFL, come on). There was still some hope for improvement, given that he hadn't actually started very many games due to being a backup or being injured. Didn't see it in the first game this year.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.