Worst Punt Ever?

2,121 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearPatrol
BearPatrol
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So I'm reading about the football we are not playing in, and I came across these videos, the first one take the cake... worst punt I have ever seen. Enjoy guys.

https://cfbsaturdays.com/videos-you-dont-want-to-miss-september-10-12-2020/
UrsusTexicanus
The 20-20 hindsight call of course is the punter should have taken the safety. Of course the other team could have taken the free kick and marched down the field for a TD, which someone probably pointed out to the poor punter while he was on the sidelines feeling like a complete dweeb.
BearPatrol
He looked like he had made a great play when he got away from the guy and got ready to boot it...
82gradDLSdad
Sean Landeta says no.
BearPatrol
I don't remember what Landeta did? refresh our memories please.
82gradDLSdad
BearPatrol said:

He whiffed in a windy playoff game against the Bears in his own endzone. I'm not good with BI attachments while using my phone but there is video of it.
GivemTheAxe
82gradDLSdad said:

BearPatrol said:

He whiffed in a windy playoff game against the Bears in his own endzone. I'm not good with BI attachments while using my phone but there is video of it.

I remember one Cal game at WSU (in the 1980's?) late in the season. Wind was so bad that when the punter kicked the ball it first went forward then flew backward. Cal would have done better to have just called a running play than to have kicked into that wind.
Eastern Oregon Bear
GivemTheAxe said:

82gradDLSdad said:

BearPatrol said:

I remember one Cal game at WSU (in the 1980's?) late in the season. Wind was so bad that when the punter kicked the ball it first went forward then flew backward. Cal would have done better to have just called a running play than to have kicked into that wind.
I remember something like that though I remember it as UCLA at WSU. I was just thinking about this play about a week ago. I tried and failed to find a video of it. The wind must have been about 40 mph and the UCLA punter managed to punt it about 20-25 yards into the wind. No one caught it and the ball bounced and blew back towards the line of scrimmage. It bounced several times with each bounce getting higher and higher. The punting team finally corralled it about 20 or 30 yards behind the line of scrimmage. It was one of funniest and strangest plays I ever saw.
John Payeback
Stanford's All-American placekicker/punter Ken Nabor launched a 1-yarder in the 1980 Big Game. I don 't think it had a dramatic effect on the outcome, but it definitely deflated their fans and could be considered one of the many things that went wrong for them that day. I mean, they were 15 point favorites and lost. That's my favorite shank of all time.
CalGrad95
My senior season (1994) began with a 21-7 loss to Hawaii.

Punter Ryan Longwell had 2 consecutive punts blocked and returned for TD's.

Special teams that year was an unmitigated dumpster fire.

BearPatrol
You guys have good memories! Well its up there...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.