Marcel Dancy

5,819 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by UrsineMaximus
BearoutEast67
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dancy did well. Moore was awesome, with more upper body strength added for durability, he's going to be a beast next year!
Donate to Cal's NIL at https://calegends.com/donation/
upsetof86
calumnus said:

Cal84 said:

CB3 is by far the best pass blocking RB we have. Moore ran the ball well, but he whiffed his pass blocking assignment on two 3rd down plays in the 2nd half killing drives for us. CB3 picks up those rushers and at least lets Garbers run for his life.

I think the answer is not one vs the other, it is both (or more). I'd rather have Dancy/Moore in the backfield with Brown than have a FB (sorry Schlegel).

Announcers yesterday talked about our new FB role and how it takes time to sync. They did a nice job showing what they meant in replay of our live action. FB has to find the right guy to hit/seal off, RB has to use that block. Our guy struggled to do that and like dominoes our RB did not have an advantage. Patience on this still I think. I still recall the glory years of Will Ta'ufo'ou and those great FB before him.
mbBear
heartofthebear said:

BearlyClad said:

heartofthebear said:

I'd like to see more of him.
He gets yards that the other backs aren't getting.
He winds through the middle.
Darts between tacklers for extra yards and dives for first downs.

The guy's not out there all that often though.
And I'm not sure why.
Announcer summed it up nicely: "He got more out of that one than he should have." Yet, happens all the time. The guy gets an extra 2-3 yards phenomenally out of what seems like every one of his runs.
Thanks, you have the same eyes as me. I thought maybe I was going blind so I'm glad to hear someone is seeing the same thing. Brown can get extra yardage once he's already got some open space. But Dancy seems to come through a pile with just enough to get a first down. Again, I'm not saying Brown shouldn't be #1, but when Brown is not playing, Dancy should be getting more than 17 carried, imo, especially if he is playing well.

I remember that Forsett would take a back seat to Lynch, but, when Lynch was out, Forsett could take over a game. The same thing was true with Vereen when Best was out. I'm not saying Dancy is as good as either of those NFL guys, but we need to trust him a bit more.
I think this ends the Dancy portion of our program. Moore Cal running back discussion coming up on our next episode...good night everybody, and don't like that kick block you on your way out!
calumnus
mbBear said:

heartofthebear said:

BearlyClad said:

heartofthebear said:

I'd like to see more of him.
He gets yards that the other backs aren't getting.
He winds through the middle.
Darts between tacklers for extra yards and dives for first downs.

The guy's not out there all that often though.
And I'm not sure why.
Announcer summed it up nicely: "He got more out of that one than he should have." Yet, happens all the time. The guy gets an extra 2-3 yards phenomenally out of what seems like every one of his runs.
Thanks, you have the same eyes as me. I thought maybe I was going blind so I'm glad to hear someone is seeing the same thing. Brown can get extra yardage once he's already got some open space. But Dancy seems to come through a pile with just enough to get a first down. Again, I'm not saying Brown shouldn't be #1, but when Brown is not playing, Dancy should be getting more than 17 carried, imo, especially if he is playing well.

I remember that Forsett would take a back seat to Lynch, but, when Lynch was out, Forsett could take over a game. The same thing was true with Vereen when Best was out. I'm not saying Dancy is as good as either of those NFL guys, but we need to trust him a bit more.
I think this ends the Dancy portion of our program. Moore Cal running back discussion coming up on our next episode...good night everybody, and don't like that kick block you on your way out!

YPC
Dancy 5.8
Laird 4.3
Brown 4.0
Collins 5.2
Brown 4.4
Dancy 4.4
Moore 6.5
Dancy 4.7
Brown 4.3

I thought Dancy deserved more carries in 2018 when he looked fast and shifty and Laird was impacted by injury. In 2019, Dancy was reportedly hurt and did not look as fast. Collins was the back that looked fast and I thought deserved more carries (do we know what happened to him?). This year it is Moore that looks like he deserves more carries.

We have three good backs, rotate them and keep them fresh. If you want to use two backs, use Brown as the H-Back instead of Schlegel. Get your weapons on the field. Then run plenty of counters and misdirection with Garbers passing off playaction...

UrsineMaximus
Collins just entered the transfer portal.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.