Apple Cup canceled

1,867 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Bobodeluxe
71Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
WSU not ready to play. Rumors are floating that UW is hoping to play BYU instead but the Cougars are reticent to take on the challenge.
petalumabear
71Bear said:

WSU not ready to play. Rumors are floating that UW is hoping to play BYU instead but the Cougars are reticent to take on the challenge.
The irony is that the school twitter was sending out the usual "anyone, anywhere, anytime" tweets until they had to answer the call... then, cold feet.
Bobodeluxe
Ice cream
dimitrig

This is all just really stupid and shameful.
Strykur
petalumabear said:

71Bear said:

The irony is that the school twitter was sending out the usual "anyone, anywhere, anytime" tweets until they had to answer the call... then, cold feet.
Yeah BYU looks silly but apparently they are concerned that the PAC-12 could pull a fast one and reschedule Washington to play someone else in the PAC-12 (Utah).
Looperbear
Strykur said:

petalumabear said:

71Bear said:

Yeah BYU looks silly but apparently they are concerned that the PAC-12 could pull a fast one and reschedule Washington to play someone else in the PAC-12 (Utah).
This. BYU wanted a signed contract but UW won't do it because the league may want UW to play a pac12 game.
ColoradoBear
Strykur said:

petalumabear said:

71Bear said:

Somewhat of a fair concern for byu, though come Thursday I doubt anyone else wi come calling. It's not really a fast one since the rules are known - OOC replacement games are not finalized until close of business on Thursday.

In this case, waiving that rule might actually help the p12 as it would add value to the p12 TV contract, which is completely underdelivering to the partner networks due to cancellations leaving timeslots open. We don't know if there's a pro-rated $$ penalty for missed games, but how could there not be?

ASU-Utah game was moved to Sunday, so all those in 14 day quarantines for contact tracing will be ready, unless some actually then got covid.

Would be funny to see BYU announced then get replaced by Utah at the last minute.

would hope the p12 requires more detailed info on #'s of positive/covid tests than the public gets, as the amount of $$$ lost to a late cancelled game is huge.

Big C

71Bear, while I personally don't have any problem whatsoever with the title of this thread, I just want to warn you: They may try and fine you somehow for not referring to it as the "Boeing Apple Cup". Good luck with that. I hope both you and Bear Insider emerge from this unscathed.
71Bear
Big C said:

71Bear, while I personally don't have any problem whatsoever with the title of this thread, I just want to warn you: They may try and fine you somehow for not referring to it as the "Boeing Apple Cup". Good luck with that. I hope both you and Bear Insider emerge from this unscathed.
I am hoping that Boeing has enough on their hands with the resumption of 737 MAX flights that they won't notice my indiscretion. I'll let you know if I hear from our friends in Seattle.
Bobodeluxe
71Bear said:

Big C said:

I am hoping that Boeing has enough on their hands with the resumption of 737 MAX flights that they won't notice my indiscretion. I'll let you know if I hear from our friends in Seattle.
Chicago.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.