Oregon is certainly beatable next week...

2,941 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by bluehenbear
ColoradoBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
That is all.
Robocheme
OSU beats UO, 41-38!!!!
Econ141
Meh - this team it too incompetent. That said, this doesn't feel like a real football season with everything going on so might as well pick this year to sh*t the bed. Hopefully the recruits give us a pass.
westcoast101
Have you seen our team?

Smith up at OSU is impressing me quite a bit, and I like the Rolovich hire at WSU too. Suddenly we might be finding ourselves in the P12 North cellar.
NVBear78
Oregon cannot stop the run

They almost lost at home to UCLA playing their second string QB.

Not saying we win but we ran for 241 yards today..
Golden One
We'll find a way to lose. We always do.
Kaworu
ColoradoBear said:

That is all.
Not by us
heartofthebear
Any team is beatable once we stop beating ourselves.
I'm not convinced we will be ready to do that this season.

OSU may not be that good, but they don't generally beat themselves.
So the fact that they beat Oregon doesn't mean jack about our chances.
HungryCalBear
Our regular OL should be back next week after quarantine period. GO BEARS!
dimitrig
HungryCalBear said:

Our regular OL should be back next week after quarantine period. GO BEARS!

Who knows who might be playing or out for either team. We can't even be sure of the opponent.

wifeisafurd
Who even knows who we are playing? Isn't Oregon's turn to lose a game due to COVID?
wifeisafurd
I'm just waiting for the Colorado v. Oregon State COVID conference championship game. Winner gets a trophy and a trip to the Armed Forces Bowl since all Pac Bowls will be cancelled. Loser has a Zoom congratulatory pep talk from Larry Scott in order to incentivize both programs to play as hard as possible. .
Strykur
wifeisafurd said:

I'm just waiting for the Colorado v. Oregon State COVID conference championship game. Winner gets a trophy and a trip to the Armed Forces Bowl since all Pac Bowls will be cancelled. Loser has a Zoom congratulatory pep talk from Larry Scott in order to incentivize both programs to play as hard as possible. .
As a P5 the PAC-12 champ will get a NY6 bowl invite, so probably the Fiesta or Cotton Bowl (unless somebody at the Orange or Sugar Bowl has a stroke and thinks people would actually tune-in to see a PAC-12 champ with 6-7 wins get railroaded on primetime TV by an SEC or ACC powerhouse).
Strykur
A further point I do want to make to end the night, based on what has transpired in Berkeley and elsewhere, does beating Oregon next week somewhat salvage the season? They are not playoff contenders, but beating them for only the 2nd time in a decade would be something pretty big to take into the 2021 recruiting cycle.
KoreAmBear
Strykur said:

A further point I do want to make to end the night, based on what has transpired in Berkeley and elsewhere, does beating Oregon next week somewhat salvage the season? They are not playoff contenders, but beating them for only the 2nd time in a decade would be something pretty big to take into the 2021 recruiting cycle.

I would have rather beaten Furd for the second time in a decade. Now Shaw is 9-1 against us. Unbelievable.
dimitrig
KoreAmBear said:

Strykur said:

I would have rather beaten Furd for the second time in a decade. Now Shaw is 9-1 against us. Unbelievable.

If it feels any better he has about the same record against UCLA.

Apparently Stanford > UC, at least in football

LodeBear
oh well there is always next year. special teams better play much better against oregon. win or lose.
upsetof86
Tedford had his way with Furd under Teevens. It ebbs and flows. Though I hear you it sucks to lose to them so consistently this decade. But I take comfort in the other larger trend, which is that it's a what have you done for me lately world. Win again and we care less about last year last decade etc.
SoCalie
Is it still possible for Cal to become bowl eligible?

I read that UW is hoping to set up a game against WSU on Championship weekend if UW doesn't win the North. Could we schedule a game against another Pac-12 team on Championship weekend, and become bowl-eligible if we win out? We'd be 3-3.
ColoradoBear
SoCalie said:

I read that UW is hoping to set up a game against WSU on Championship weekend if UW doesn't win the North. Could we schedule a game against another Pac-12 team on Championship weekend, and become bowl-eligible if we win out? We'd be 3-3.

The p12 is already planning to have a full slate of games on championship weekend with the 10 teams that aren't playing in the CCG. Was supposed to be all inter-division, but with the covid cancellations, I'd guess they would have some flexibility to chose the most intruiging matchups that aren't repeats.
KoreAmBear
ColoradoBear said:

SoCalie said:

The p12 is already planning to have a full slate of games on championship weekend with the 10 teams that aren't playing in the CCG. Was supposed to be all inter-division, but with the covid cancellations, I'd guess they would have some flexibility to chose the most intruiging matchups that aren't repeats.

Big Game rematch let's go!
calumnus
I'm impressed with Jonathan Smith. Oregon State looked really good against Oregon.
SoCalie
That's right, I forgot about that! Is it possible to become bowl-qualified in we win out?
Strykur
SoCalie said:

That's right, I forgot about that! Is it possible to become bowl-qualified in we win out?
If we can get another game on the schedule (which we should), then yes.
bluehenbear
heartofthebear said:

Any team is beatable once we stop beating ourselves.
I'm not convinced we will be ready to do that this season.

OSU may not be that good, but they don't generally beat themselves.
So the fact that they beat Oregon doesn't mean jack about our chances.
OSU only beats themselves when they play Stanfurd
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.