Denver Broncos playing tomorrow with no QB"s.

2,419 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Strykur
GoBears89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/11/28/all-broncos-quarterbacks-ruled-out-because-of-covid-19-exposure/

I guess they can forfeit?
ColoradoBear
Elway gonna suit up.
KoreAmBear
Wow this sounds legit.
75bear
Lots of Wildcat.
Strykur
Tebow? Keap? Favre?
southseasbear
Colin Kaepernick is available.
Bobodeluxe
No biggie. Cal has played many times without a quarterback.
bearister
ColoradoBear said:

Elway gonna suit up.

Yes, there is a horse face exemption. He paddin' up.

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
oskidunker
southseasbear said:

Colin Kaepernick is available.not allowed to sign any new players.
Go Bears!
71Bear
southseasbear said:

Colin Kaepernick is available.
Not true. He would need to go through COVID protocol which is a multiple day process.
ColoradoBear
From the perspective of rooting for Cal QB's in the NFL, the NFL's choice to force the game to be played today, instead of delaying the game like with the Ravens and many other teams, is a horrible move in terms of maintaining competitive balance and some semblance of fair competition.

Both the Packers and Rams are 7-3 and at the heels of the Saints for the #1 seed. The Saints are starting a backup QB themselves due to Drew Brees having 11 broken ribs or whatever. What could have been a competitive game is likely a gift to the saints now.

It's just strange. I get that the NFL is seeing all 4 QBs in the same room w/o masks as a pretty serious breach of protocol, but I would think a delay of the game with fines and lost draft pick(s) would be a more appropriate of punishment.
GoBears89
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/11/29/nfl-declined-broncos-request-to-let-assistant-coaches-suit-up-and-play-qb/

Now, that's desperate! The NFL should really step on & reschedule this game. Is there a "minimum" number of players testing positive before they reschedule?
oski003
If the Broncos want the game delayed, they need to have someone else test positive ASAP.

Supposedly, the NFL's decision to delay games is solely based on whether or not covid is contract traced and controlled, which is why the Steeler game is delayed and may be cancelled.

The decision supposedly has nothing to do with competitive balance.

If we are going to bash the NFL here, at least present their rationale.
bearister
...in other news, Goff is having a tough day at the office vs Whiners
oskidunker
1 pass complete by Broncos.
Go Bears!
ColoradoBear
This is almost as bad as the cheez it bowl.
ColoradoBear
oski003 said:

If the Broncos want the game delayed, they need to have someone else test positive ASAP.

Supposedly, the NFL's decision to delay games is solely based on whether or not covid is contract traced and controlled, which is why the Steeler game is delayed and may be cancelled.

The decision supposedly has nothing to do with competitive balance.

If we are going to bash the NFL here, at least present their rationale.
Fair point. If the NFL is actually following that protocol about only delaying games if there are still contacts to trace.

bearister
okaydo
oskidunker
Why wouldnt the Broncos just forfeit? Why risk injury when there is no chance to win? Tv money? League requirement?
Go Bears!
okaydo
oskidunker said:

Why wouldnt the Broncos just forfeit? Why risk injury when there is no chance to win? Tv money? League requirement?

Players on both teams don't get paid if a team forfeits.
Chapman_is_Gone
oskidunker said:

It's the Winter Holiday Sales Event. Gotta sell those Nissan Sentras ya know...
Big C
Chapman_is_Gone said:

oskidunker said:

A team playing w/o quarterbacks has added interest to fans, at least the first time, for the novelty factor: "Let's see how that works!" Probably higher ratings.
HoopDreams
Big C said:

Chapman_is_Gone said:

oskidunker said:

A team playing w/o quarterbacks has added interest to fans. "Let's see how that works!" Probably higher ratings.
with all the dual threat QBs, and converted QB -> RBs, you'd think there would be more trick plays with multiple QBs in the line up
helltopay1
Bearister: Let's see.....You admire John Brennan and dislike the 49ers..If this were a baseball game, you would have one strike left..
dimitrig

Why has the NFL completely botched this when every other professional sport has pulled it off?

okaydo
dimitrig said:

Why has the NFL completely botched this when every other professional sport has pulled it off?

I don't think the NFL has done a great job.

But the NFL and college football are the most close-contact sports and the NFL has yet to cancel a game.

I don't want to give the NFL too much credit, but they face a tougher task than the NBA, MLB, NHL, etc.

okaydo
okaydo said:

oskidunker said:

Players on both teams don't get paid if a team forfeits.

Strykur
A lot of NFL players have incentive-based contracts, so they want to play regardless to meet those contract stipulations for $$$.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.