Utah Game Thread

5,242 Views | 71 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Bear8995
NathanAllen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Starters:

Betley
Foreman
Kuany
Anticevich
Kelly

oskidunker
Go K2! He needs to take more shots, especially when wide open
Go Bears!
NathanAllen
Staff
First media TO and Cal is down 2-4. Both teams shooting 33% from the field but Utah has taken six shots to Cal's three thanks to three quick Cal turnovers.
NathanAllen
Staff
oskidunker said:

Go K2! He needs to take more shots, especially when wide open
Not the best start for Kuany with the offensive foul off the in-bounds and the bobbled pass.
IssyBear
Looks like Utah is picking on Bently's D.
Bear8995
We are having another one of those tough shooting nights.
NathanAllen
Staff
Second media TO. Bears now down 5-15. Cal up to five turnovers. The Bears have forced four turnovers but have zero points off said turnovers and are shooting 25% (2-of-8) from the field.
NathanAllen
Staff
Under 8 media TO, Bears still down 9-20. Both teams playing very sloppy with 13 combined turnovers. The difference is the Utes are making their shots so far and so far, Cal is not.
Bear8995
23% shooting. 1-8 from 3. outrebounded by 5 already. Going to be another long night.

One thing i notice is that our guys don't catch the ball ready to shoot. Grant catches the ball and is open. He hesitates. Then with the defender right in front of him, he decides to take the shot. Doesn't make sense.
oskidunker
Turned it off. Walton and poor play make it unwatchable.
Go Bears!
HoopDreams
can't get espnu although it's in my channel lineup, so I'm missing this one

but looks like cal can't throw the ball in the ocean
NathanAllen
Staff
Under 4 media TO. Bears down 13-24. Finally showing minuscule signs of offensive life, scoring the game's last four points after down 9-24.
NathanAllen
Staff
Kelly finally on the board on a nice jumper from the elbow.
Bear8995
We shoot 30%. They are shooting 48%. They have outrebounded us by 7. They have 8 TOs to our 6.

We failed to get back on D at the last second and gave up an easy layup.
NathanAllen
Staff
Halftime, Bears down 22-34. Cal is finally starting to knock down some shots, making five out of six of their last field goals and knocking down some foul shots. Unfortunately, the Utes have been able to match the Bears also knocking down shots.
Chapman_is_Gone
I can't get the game where I'm at tonight. Is Cal competitive?
HoopDreams
since i can't watch, what's the prob on offense?
NathanAllen
Staff
HoopDreams said:

since i can't watch, what's the prob on offense?
Basically the same as the past few games. Lots of turnovers to begin. They shored those up a bit but went stretches without making shots. Some were good shots but just missed. Most just weren't good shots as Utah has been very aggressive with switches and rotations, almost to a fault on a few plays.
NathanAllen
Staff
That said, Utah isn't exactly playing great. Cal could get back into this if they're able to string together another four or five possessions with points.
NathanAllen
Staff
Under 16 media TO, Bears down 32-40 with Betley going to the line after the break.

Bears looking a lot better on offense this half thanks to ... just more activity. Brown and Hyder with some good dribble penetration, more crisp passing around the perimeter, and crashing the offensive boards harder.
Go!Bears
Down 3 with the ball - turnover
Go!Bears
And now 2. We seem competitive, though one can only know after the game apparently
MoragaBear
Staff
Utah's lead down to 1 with 13:18 left. Good to see a rally.

A Thieman baby hook and a trey by Kuany gives Cal a 4 point lead.
NathanAllen
Staff
Bears on a huge run and up 46-42 with all the momentum in this game. Utah looks totally out of sorts. Cal looks confident. K2 with a big corner 3.
sonofabear51
K2!
Bear8995
Unbelievable. Up 4 with 12 minutes left. Utah with at least 2 TOs where they just threw it out of bounds to no one. Utah is starting to take dumb shots and miss them. We are making ours. KK just hit a 3 to put us up 4. Joel Brown playing a good game at point. They don't have anyone who can stay in front of him.
NathanAllen
Staff
This entire game Utah has looked like Cal would just roll over and not play hard. Well, they started playing hard in the second half and Utah doesn't look like they know what to do with it now. Bears on a 14-2 run over the past four minutes and are winning the half 24-8.
Alkiadt
Bear8995 said:

Unbelievable. Up 4 with 12 minutes left. Utah with at least 2 TOs where they just threw it out of bounds to no one. Utah is starting to take dumb shots and miss them. We are making ours. KK just hit a 3 to put us up 4. Joel Brown playing a good game at point. They don't have anyone who can stay in front of him.

But Oskidunker is nowhere to be found. Missing a solid comeback.
bearister
Wow! Can't watch but checking in. I see everyone on Cal team has scored. Keeping the troops fresh.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
NathanAllen
Staff
Obviously a lot of game still to play, but things at the moment are trending very well for Cal. Utah already passed the foul limit so Cal goes to the line the rest of the half. They also look like they're playing with a lot more motivation and urgency.
Bear8995
KK with 4 TOs. We just need to take care of the ball. 13-9 TOs in our favor and because of that, we have a 2 shot advantage in shots taken and have taken 4 more free throws. We are in the bonus the rest of the way as they have 7 team fouls.

Grant ready to shoot a 3, catches it, and shoots it and makes it.
HoopDreams
I'm I seeing this right. cal up 6?
KenBurnski
You can get the game via watch ESPN online w a cable login

And cal is up 8
calbears4ever
Checked the score on the pac 12 app, they are winning with 9:00 left to play
calbears4ever
HoopDreams said:

I'm I seeing this right. cal up 6?

Yes they are up six
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.