30 years ago

992 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by HoopDreams
HighlandDutch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Happy 30th Anniversary of the victory over Duke to all who celebrate.

udaman1
I was a Freshman in 91-92 when I opened the Daily Cal one day and on the front page was a picture of Kidd seated at a press table with the headline "The Kidd Comes to Cal" or something like that. I was all in at that point, watched St Joes beat O'Dowd at the Oakland Coliseum later that Spring (in addition to following the Baseball team slug their way into the CWS), waited hours in line early in the morning for Student Tickets, Dick Vital at Harmon v Ok St, the romp over UCLA at Pauley, LSU, Duke. Man, what a time to be a student.
MSaviolives
You can all thank Mrs. MSavioLives, who was Jason's elementary and middle school teacher for a few years. She started recruiting him to Cal when he was in 6th grade, telling him he needed to come to Cal, and for that reason needed to study and do well in school. I recall a day when she mentioned she had a sixth grader who could kick my rear-end in basketball, which I laughed off....but turns out she may have been right.
HoopDreams
MSaviolives said:

You can all thank Mrs. MSavioLives, who was Jason's elementary and middle school teacher for a few years. She started recruiting him to Cal when he was in 6th grade, telling him he needed to come to Cal, and for that reason needed to study and do well in school. I recall a day when she mentioned she had a sixth grader who could kick my rear-end in basketball, which I laughed off....but turns out she may have been right.
"may have been right" ?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.